Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? (13497 Views)

How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria; this Year 2023? / How Much Salary Is Enough For Good Living In Nigeria / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by CaptalnMitch: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
For someone who is earning 40,000 naira monthly as a Teacher, how much salary increase is good enough to relocate to another school in a nearby States?.
Akwa Ibom -PH

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by kekakuz(m): 11:07am On Jul 19, 2021
HRSweetness:

LOL. I think I understand what you mean.

Complaining about a salary that's almost 10 times of OP's without acknowledging that there are people deligently working to earn a salary that's 10 percent of yours.

Help me to always be grateful Lord.
it's even less than 10%
Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by kekakuz(m): 11:08am On Jul 19, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

Hmmmmm
Many people earn way below him, I am one of them on 30k salary.
that's like 5% of mine. Lord have mercy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Heineken(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2021
OhiOfIhima:

Hmmmmm
Many people earn way below him, I am one of them on 30k salary.
lol I tell you. It's not easy. I know people earning 10k salary. My salary is 12k

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2021
HRSweetness:

But won't cost of living be high still, in comparison to his current region? Food, transportation, etc

Cost of foods (food stuffs) in local open markets are almost the same in most near-urban communities. Prices of food stuffs in Igwurita wil likely be same in Akwa-Ibom. Single room house rents in such areas would be less costly too.

As for transportation, that is why i wanted to knw the area he got the job, or which to settle.

As for other "etc", i believe that lifestyle matters alot

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by rollingrocks: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
For someone who is earning 40,000 naira monthly as a Teacher, how much salary increase is good enough to relocate to another school in a nearby States?.
Akwa Ibom -PH

Why do you want to relocate? Don't jump from frypan to fire, I will rather advise you get a second stream of income outside teaching. Akwa Ibom is relatively cheap to put up with that salary.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Ashirioluwa: 11:27am On Jul 19, 2021
Whatever you think is good enough for you. What’s good for you might not be good for me.

This is a personal matter so you have to treat it personally.
Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by HRSweetness(f): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
dikcom:

Cost of foods (food stuffs) in local open markets are almost the same in most near-urban communities. Prices of food stuffs in Igwurita wil likely be same in Akwa-Ibom. Single room house rents in such areas would be less costly too.

As for transportation, that is why i wanted to knw the area he got the job, or which to settle.

As for other "etc", i believe that lifestyle matters alot

Well, AkwaIbom is not exactly a cheap city either.
Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by FuckHomophobes: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2021
seanwilliam:
I wonder how people earning 40k in Lagos survive

Office runs
Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by authority2006(m): 12:41pm On Jul 19, 2021
oneble:
Just pray God should bless you brother. For how long will a man continue to struggle? With ₦40,000, you will live fine at any of not too popular towns in Osun State. eg Ikire, Gbongan, Olode etc

Big lie!! How much is 5kg Semo, yam flour, congo of rice, beans and gari those areas? Meat, fish, even fruits are not cheap anywhere anymore be it cities or villages.

PStacks:

for me.

Osogbo, Akure, Abeokuta in Southwest makes sense.

Kaduna, Gombe, Jos.. especially Jos, Food is cheaper, accomodation is affordable.

no keke for transportation in Abuja, Lagos. But you have keke and bikes in Gombe. Makes life far less stressful.

Prices of food are not cheaper anywhere in the south. House rent is also becoming something else, thanks to yahoo boys.
Anyone earning below 100k a month in this present economy should look for side hustles

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by MoIbrahim: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH

Salary is only one of the numerous factors that are considered before any relocation. Most of them are only peculiar to; your wife and kids now or later, your parents and siblings, accommodation, security, social capital...

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Drsnives(m): 1:04pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitope27:
ur dad must be a fraud, sorry to say I tender apologies
He is a part time farmer..
We normally fed from his produce..
I deserve an apology directed to him and in bold too

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by lilvicky68(m): 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
Drsnives:
My dad is currently earning 25k
3 graduates, the last boen finished his project defense recently.
Its all about Management. Less i forget, we live in Delta state
Omo.. mad oh.. shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by oneble: 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2021
authority2006:

Big lie!! How much is 5kg Semo, yam flour, congo of rice, beans and gari those areas? Meat, fish, even fruits are not cheap anywhere anymore be it cities or villages.

Prices of food are not cheaper anywhere in the south. House rent is also becoming something else, thanks to yahoo boys.
Anyone earning below 100k a month in this present economy should look for side hustles
You said it all brother, son of man is tired of this country

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by highoctane: 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH
If you cannot manage 40,000 you can't manage 400,000.
There is no city you cannot manage 40,000 unless you want to be like the Joneses.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by lilvicky68(m): 1:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
Drsnives:

Daily abi monthly?? Even if he's earning 25k he should be spending more than 100k a month..

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by PureNigerDeltan(m): 1:18pm On Jul 19, 2021
Oga its better you stay in Akwa Inok with that 40k than come to PH for even 30k increment.
Cost of living here high
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by temitope27(m): 1:24pm On Jul 19, 2021
Drsnives:

apologies again, ur dad must be hardworking and a great dad

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Drsnives(m): 3:14pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitope27:
apologies again, ur dad must be hardworking and a great dad
Thanks..
One love

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Drsnives(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
lilvicky68:

Daily abi monthly?? Even if he's earning 25k he should be spending more than 100k a month..
Its like you dont knoe much about farming..
We can feed well from his Maize farm alone not to talk about pumpkin leave, cassava, yams.

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Drsnives(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2021
lilvicky68:

Omo.. mad oh.. shocked
Everything na management..
I won't go into details but i just bless God for the type of wife he married ( my mom) wished my future wife will be like her honestly

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Stanweezy(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitope27:
it doesn't mean, and there are some in that Abuja learning work and makes no Kobo, when I was an apprentice in akure(welding work to be precise) I make at least 30k monthly

Then know that the said person don't know the job or village ppl dey on top his mattet.

The 150k I quoted is on average self, at times in a day they make 100k. Just to use mobilizer to diagonise ur car u pay them 20 to 30k.
Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by smartNerd: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2021
“You learn more from failure than from success.
Don’t let it stop you. Failure builds character.” —
Unknown

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by temitope27(m): 4:54pm On Jul 19, 2021
Stanweezy:

Then know that the said person don't know the job or village ppl dey on top his mattet.

The 150k I quoted is on average self, at times in a day they make 100k. Just to use mobilizer to diagonise ur car u pay them 20 to 30k.

do you know even in Abuja I know someone who earn 50k, and in Lagos there are people who earn 40k, nt all part of Lagos and Abuja is so expensive to live

2 Likes

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by Gfskw: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
None
Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by kwasoly(m): 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2021
GiftUbani1995:
Akwa Ibom -PH

My friend in ph earns roughly #150k as a teacher

1 Like

Re: How Much Salary Increase Is Good Enough To Relocate To Another State In Nigeria? by swagguElite(m): 10:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
You can MANAGE in PHC with N50k per month (least).
- Get a selfcon 120k - 140k in PH. Accommodation cost should come from your savings already, you will get it back over compound savings on your salaries accumulated over the year.

- Bein' friendly with your indigene/Ikwerre neighbors will make aware of cheap markets to manage your spendings. Not everybody living PH are rich and they are still livin', coz of this

- Accommodation close to work and limiting your data usage would help you. Those two are slow poisons. If you can't get cheap accommodation close to work. Take cheap one far from work + ability to wake early for cheaper t.fare cost + ability to trek short distances will suffice.

- Cut your main & side chicks to zero. So that you will have small to spend on yourself. Ladies when they see you lookin' clean, they will come. Neighbors, neighbors' friend or the chemist daughter opp your street. Pussy will find you to trap your clean lookin'ass. Swipe your waist through their hotline, buy lunch or dinner, Ghost off durin' big spendin' moments like their uncle's burial or friend's birthday. Come back to apologize with a big bowl of ice cream. 1,250 ice cream will save you a couple bucks out of that 15k that will have scooped off you.

- I will never advise you to stay off women. Never!, they are sweet lil beings. They just need money to keep up with the other babes shining. Most will show your where to get the best cheapest wears, even cook for you, gossip and flirt with you to reduce your stress.

- I have lived in the 3 biggest cities in Nigeria. Abuja, Lagos and PHC. And I can tell you, they are accommodations for Rich, Middleclass and Less privileged. Same goes for market, stores and eateries.

- With all these, you can manage. But if you lose your job, yuar dead. So. Let's go. You can't invest. Your money is too small for that. Unless you have saved much and invest in CRYPTO or Buy units of NIGERIA COMPANIES' STOCK, for long term. Buh for short term, dedicate 5k/2k for sport bettin' each month.

- This will let you know your strengths and weaknesses. If you can't cope, go back home. Get closer to God and your ancestors and try it again. Nobody ever gets it right, the first time.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Promproject Sms Make N5000 Real / N. C. S (nigeria Custom Service) Application Form / Any Idea When Npower Candidates Will Be Mobilized Before....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.