Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Benz C300 Assessment & Review - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz C300 Assessment & Review (87037 Views)

Mercedes-Benz C300 Used In Selling Local Herbs In Kaduna (Photos, Video) / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Someone Learning How To Drive With Mercedes Benz C300 In Abuja (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by ekene101: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2021
TBolaitan:
My brother buying a tangible assets that will give you high returns on your profit.... when you buy a car it will depreciate think of real estate my brother.... real estate appreciate it will never depreciate
The money you will use to buy car think of investment on real estate bro you will thank me later
Contact me for a wise investment on real estate
09025462416, WhatsApp 08127588833
You can't dictates to a man on how to spend his money

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Telekinetic: 6:48pm On Jul 19, 2021
candyguyofficia:
Benz c300 it's a sweet ride and a chic magnet. The car part is expensive though (but it depend on how deep your pocket is), the car also have low ground clearance (which I believe you already know) but it wouldn't be a problem if your city don't have potholes and if it is not prone to flood. I will also suggest you stay far away from 4matic. For fuel efficiency someone that buy c300 isn't suppose to complain or consider fuel efficiency that much na after all it is not Corolla.

If your city have bad road or prone to flood I wouldn't suggest this ride or else you may have to relocate close to a mechanic workshop, if your road or city isn't that smooth I would suggest ML or Lexus RX 350 or atmost Venza.

Generally c300 is not a bad ride
I’m having the exact same problem with my c300. I don’t know how many times I’ve had to call the mechanic this month. I love anything Benz, just didn’t take into consideration the flooding
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobicove:
If you're already worrying about maintaining the car then it means you can't afford it!
Your stupidity is outstanding. So someone should not plan how a car would be maintained before buying?

Nothing wey person no go see for this nairaland.

7 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2021
HopeNeverDies:

Show me way abeg Boss!

I been dey follow u from the very first week I Join NL!

I Dey school in a state wey no too far from Benin Boss... abeg! We’re all strangers, We get to meet each other someday! I’ll be very much grateful Boss

slawormiir abeg you sef show am way na. E no go bad if you show me way join oh...
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Marisujuaku(f): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Dey fear God
rottenPussy:
Anytime I get fvcked in this car, it gets taken to the mechanic the next day.

Lesson: Don’t fvck in this car
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Renforce: 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Esseite:

Honestly.. I cant advise on what to change and what not to change.. i have changed virtually everything myself..

Brake pads
Calipers
Shocks
Shocks pad
Linkages
Thyroid
Shaft rings
Shaft cup
Shafts
Steering racks
Lower arm bushings
Upper arm bushings
Stabilizer bar bushings
Shock springs

Its unsolvable really.. it always comes back.

Oh my!!!
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by TheWolfen(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Lol
Your uncle nah OG

Siberia01:
Benz...
i think no car is bad...
if you don't abuse it...
my uncle still drives his Benz 190E with everything working
including AC...
despite having other Japanese brands...
car is close to 20 years

4 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Grandmeister(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2021
Siberia01:
Benz...
i think no car is bad...
if you don't abuse it...
including AC...
car is close to 20 years
20 years in his possession, the 190e is a 30 Years old production.

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by sylve11: 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
MadeMan01:
Never. Buy Japanese Lexus or Toyota. Before I bought my car I researched Benz ML350 and Lexus RX330. I saw an American man comment that he drove a Benz ML and his wife a lexus RX. According to the man, the money he spends on maintaining the Benz is more than 10times what he spends on his wife's lexus. According to him, yes Benz commands respect, but he cares about reliability and performance with peace of mind that comes with low expenses. I bought a Lexus RX330. I will never buy another car other than Lexus or Toyota

Nice points you highlighted but never say never. cool
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
PrideofLincoln2:
Buy a Truck or as you call it in Nigeria, Jeep. The condition of roads in Nigeria are pathetic.

Shey RX330 go fit qualify for the truck or jeep wey go stand our road?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Basheer22: 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
Renforce:

Bro my Toyota Corolla has this seemingly unsolvable rackety noise on its legs. Whenever I take it to the mechanic they are quick to change the brake pads. This works for a while and then later it starts again. This happens only on the front left leg

Take it to any of the LACVIS centres in Lagos, let them test your vehicle suspension.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2021
solasoulmusic:

Edmunds.com car review rating by owners pre 2010 cars were more durable and the body stronger but there could be exceptions if it’s made in Germany it’s made to last

Repair pal says The Mercedes-Benz C300 Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5.0, which ranks it 13th out of 31 for luxury midsize cars.

My model 4.0

The previous owner is important when buying this because sometimes because of affordability they put other car parts to manage when it should be OEM

People don’t know this but majority of the cars are leased new then later sold so some cars are designed only for short term usage while older cars because they cost so much were made for long term use also the more electronics involved the more wahala go dey.

I Dey laugh those wey Dey buy car pose but in the end the maintenance we no go see for Instagram

Oh the reviews is what's 4.0 right?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by VicM6: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
Craggybogg:
The Cars Profs in the house. I need your assessment on this particular car. Mercedes Benz C300. I need the pros and cons of this car of based on the conditions of the Nigerian Roads, Fuel rate consumption, Spare part availability in the Nigerian Market (Ladipo and Co.). Your assessment would be highly appreciated because I am thinking about copping one.

P.S:- I also noticed people often sell it after using it for 1-3 years. Could there be any problems ? Tell me things(problems) to encounter if I should buy the car this week!.

Thanks in Advance!
the only problem there is that if you buy the car then you are term a yahoo boy and can be killed by the so called zoogeria police we call law enforcement agency.

3 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Craggybogg: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
Kobicove:
If you're already worrying about maintaining the car then it means you can't afford it!

It is not everyone that is in your lane
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
temitimx19:

100k for the set and that price is for new, tokunbo is around 20-35k

Haha!

I don almost piss for body...
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Cunnilingus(m): 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2021
It's a great ride. Don't use the same maintace culture Nigerians have with Toyota on this. The OEM replacement parts aren't cheap
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by lebete3000: 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
Usefulusman:
I just want you to buy the car because its my exact type of car. They hardly develop fault and if you cant buy it, i will come for it immediately so that i can use it for UBA In Abuja. How much does it cost?

Which one be UBA again? If na ds one you wan use for Uber, I no even know wetin to call you...
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2021
lebete3000:

Oh the reviews is what's 4.0 right?

Yes that is rated by owners for my model .. and the repair website rated the OPs model as 3.5

they rate on the model and if they spent a lot repairing it…the drive train, body and the interior while using the car. Gives you an insight to what it would be like to own the said car. My previous car and current they were right on the money especially with common issues so I even use them to rate any purchase

YouTube is my go to when trying to understand a car because people always make helpful videos about their experience to help others … if a car is is still on the road in 18-25 years you know it’s a great car some mechanics na to just Dey buy parts but sometimes na fuse grin

People were laughing at Banky that year but he’s a smart nigga

4 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by phemmyfour: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2021
beautyfunke:
pls pray before you buy...so that Almighty God will direct you
Prayer ke?....he needs car expert too
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by BnBgrillNG(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2021
Esseite:
Yes buy the c300, it's a great car with a class of it's own.. it drives great with excellent handling and good fuel consumption for a V6 engine. The part are not so expensive and would outlive your regular Toyota parts which you would have to change multiple times which virtually supercedes the difference.

A 2008 should cost you about 3.8 - 4m depending on the dealer, a lexus of that year would cost about same, a toyota of that year(muscle sport) should be 400k - 500k less in price but wont give you the eye Turner, the benz brand, the comfortable ride you would be getting without wearing of car materials like dashboards, compressor problem on the VVT-i toyota engine which you may be deceived to convert to manual compressor and then engine vibrations of life starts, unsolvable rackety noise on its legs etc..

Go for confidence boosters, go for the c300..its worth it.

Benz should pay you for this.

3 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Greenerie(f): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
[Amazing... wow,who is his mechanic? Please.can he be servicing mine.where is his location?

quote author=Siberia01 post=103875345]Benz...
i think no car is bad...
if you don't abuse it...
including AC...
car is close to 20 years[/quote]
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Craggybogg: 7:10pm On Jul 19, 2021
candyguyofficia:
Benz c300 it's a sweet ride and a chic magnet. The car part is expensive though (but it depend on how deep your pocket is), the car also have low ground clearance (which I believe you already know) but it wouldn't be a problem if your city don't have potholes and if it is not prone to flood. I will also suggest you stay far away from 4matic. For fuel efficiency someone that buy c300 isn't suppose to complain or consider fuel efficiency that much na after all it is not Corolla.

If your city have bad road or prone to flood I wouldn't suggest this ride or else you may have to relocate close to a mechanic workshop, if your road or city isn't that smooth I would suggest ML or Lexus RX 350 or atmost Venza.

Generally c300 is not a bad ride

If you like "live" in Lagos traffic you would understand better it is not about the affordability, Lagos traffic would make you forget refueling your car!
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by TBolaitan(m): 7:11pm On Jul 19, 2021
That is true bro....... this is an advice bro
Any things regarding to real estate investment contact me
Thanks
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by PrinceOfLagos: 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
That ride make sense

Guy you've made a good choice, No dull am.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by ariesbull: 7:12pm On Jul 19, 2021
solasoulmusic:
Benz doesn’t disappoint parts are available and prices vary by location and your relationship with the parts dealers. Check the reviews of owners I won’t buy it if it doesn’t have 4.0 and above.

I drive one but not this model it’s best car manufacturer I’ve driven in life. Just know who you will give the go ahead to repair and make sure they know what they are doing

I drive one also and trust me Benz is he best ride me can drive ....

It's a big boys car..

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by NovusHomo(m): 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Buying a car is a personal choice but if I’m forced to have an opinion I’ll say buy this specific one if it meets all your requirements.

It’s a California car. A big plus.

Why, please?
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Karemarealty288(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
Its a good car but doesn't like water....the starring rack is electronics is up to 1.2mil.
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by NovusHomo(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2021
donforeign:

Nairaland is finished bro.
Seun , d admins ain't doing nothing.. no upgrade, same old settings, they don't remove meaningless comment like those rushing for front page without commenting anything positive. You must accept Allah before you post on Islam topic... This site belong to the trash.

Has the owner of the site increased the salaries of his staff? grin

2 Likes

Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2021
ariesbull:

I drive one also and trust me Benz is he best ride me can drive ....

It's a big boys car..

I started with a Chevy then a Kia then Toyota then Hyundai on loan my brother na only Benz I know worth the investment. Water entered my brain box during the rain after drying good to go
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by NgoziLovelyn(f): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2021
Dash me the car, na me need am pls. grin
Re: Benz C300 Assessment & Review by NovusHomo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2021
dake40:

Less maintenance on non 4matic and suspension parts of non 4matic are cheaper than 4matic

Of course, "4MATIC" stands for four-wheel drive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

***how To Check Automatic Transmission Before Buying A Used Car*** / World First Transparent Car Launched In Germany / Video Of Nigerian Branded Vehicle, NORD Creates Sensation Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.