Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) (35667 Views)

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos / Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Curious345: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2021
Sax
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Curious345: 9:14am On Jul 20, 2021
Bad
Dear
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by pahars(m): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2021
The citizens are mostly at fault for the dirts..we can't keep blaming the government for everything

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Andyvilly: 9:15am On Jul 20, 2021
Nothing concern me with naija problem again, I just come take small break from school come house come see new correct house girl for house, I must resist or.....
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Lexusgs430: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Take care of your environment....... Stop dumping everywhere......... grin

Everywhere and Anywhere, is never a dustbin....... cheesy
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Andyvilly: 9:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Nothing concern me with naija problem again, I just come take small break from school come house come see new correct house girl for house, I must resist or..... grin
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Zaphnath1(m): 9:18am On Jul 20, 2021
Another means to cash out
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Jsucre(m): 9:21am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigercity:
Over rated Lagos
Because slum in Africa closed followed by Ibadan

South West is gone
Odinary
Owerri has more private housing estate more than Ibadan try using goggle earth view now!

Ebonyi state that is even poorer than Aba

Has the biggest mall by landmass in West Africa (bigger than anything the called mall in all Yoruba land expect Lagos combined)

Ebonyi has longest glass tunnel flyover in West Africa

Yet south west don't even have one,

Ebonyi also has 13 flyover bridges with ongoing construction of 7 more

(Which is bigger than the number of all flyovers in South West joint together except Lagos)

You can Google this to verify

And talking about landmass
Nsukka almost doubles your brown roof Ibadan in landmass

well-done the achiever. Is like you waste your education fee.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Reelmii: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2021
What are people doing inside the water
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Germi9: 9:21am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigerians are too dirty
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by realstars: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2021
julietsophys:
Nigeria jags jags.. complete it
every thing (apc) scatter scatter
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Lamasta(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2021
China right now

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by lomprico(m): 9:24am On Jul 20, 2021
kkash:

Is d local government not part of government??

zombies are brainless, it's not his fault.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by lomprico(m): 9:26am On Jul 20, 2021
Jimasun:
Such foolishness by some Nigerians. How is that flood a reason to blame government?
When it is time to blame their local government chairmen, they will not do. See nonsense talk

you be the real mumu.

read what you typed again. Government is government irrespective of arm.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Tremple8v: 9:32am On Jul 20, 2021
Ode , who is local government and who is federal government? All of them na cow .
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by nokspos: 9:36am On Jul 20, 2021
with due respect sir, you are wrong. if the head of the family in a home is not doing fine, what do you expect from the children? I voted buhari but believe me , that guy didn't do fine at all.

Jimasun:
Such foolishness by some Nigerians. How is that flood a reason to blame government?
When it is time to blame their local government chairmen, they will not do. See nonsense talk
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Victerica(m): 9:37am On Jul 20, 2021
All hands should be on deck.

Nigeria will get better if the people are educated.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Femmyfestus: 9:39am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigercity:
Over rated Lagos

South West is gone
Modified grin
Anyway for those quoting me shouting ibo this Igbo that grin
Lolz this doesn't change the fact that
Odinary
Owerri has more private housing estate more than Ibadan try using goggle earth view now!

Has the biggest mall by landmass in West Africa (bigger than anything the called mall in all Yoruba land expect Lagos combined)

(Which is bigger than the number of all flyovers in South West joint together except Lagos)

Nsukka almost doubles your brown roof Ibadan in landmass (gone are the days of lies now statelite technology is here to stay..pics below)

I come from the winning tribe grin grin

Its the same Nigeria.
So what is the argument about?
D same national anthem. Same shithole westerners see it as.
So what are you trying to prove?i still don't get

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Karlzy01(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2021
damosky12:
Some lousy folks may want to seize this to spit tirades against Lagos as though lagosians are responsible for their woes. So silly!

A little bit of exposure should help you think right. Lagos is just 41m above sea level. Several states in Nigeria are over 1000m above sea level. Some are even over 2000m.

Hence, it's much more difficult for Lagos state to manage flooding. This is the case with many other states in first world countries. Yes, the Lagos state govt can do more to manage this issue. Nevertheless, Lagos is Lagos. This takes nothing away from it.

I knew it. Are you in pains? When did this becomes a contest between south west and Igbo land. Why are you lots obsessed with Lagos and SW? Is there something else that isn't clear to us?

Well, call SW whatever you like, Lagos is still the second biggest state in Africa. Lagos' economy is richer than most African countries. Call Lagos a slum as you like, the richest men from your land and all over Nigeria not recognized as rich until they own a property in Lagos. So, I think I can understand your pain...
Enjoy your glorified slum,at least I can sleep with both eyes closed even if it rains cats and dogs,can you do same in Lagos?
Everywhere jam-packed,smallrain=flood.
Most of you praising Lagos to the high heavens are not even from lagos.
What is your state of origin?
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Franking: 9:49am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigercity:
Over rated Lagos

South West is gone
Modified grin
Odinary

Nsukka almost doubles your brown roof Ibadan in landmass (gone are the days of lies now statelite technology is here to stay..pics below)

Shut up. Who asked u? Iberibe ji gi aka.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by alizma: 9:52am On Jul 20, 2021
Jimasun:
When there is flood in Germany, Nigerian will be like thank God we don't experience this kind of natural disaster in Nigeria but when it happens in Nigeria, Nigerians will be like may God punish our leaders/government. Tomorrow they wake up and say Nigeria is not getting better, how will it get better? Rather than suggest solutions or call on the attention of the appropriate authorities, we focus on blame.

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by karleone(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2021
Jimasun:

If you were sensible enough you'd realize that the govt, local, state and federal have a role to play in ensuring that measures are put in place to mitigate such disasters. But no, first to comment will cause you guys to post rubbish.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Seventywin: 9:55am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigercity:
Over rated Lagos

South West is gone
Modified grin
Odinary

This is the 21st Century let all of us Igbos stop all this Unecessary comparisms of third world developing societies.. Focus on your self and develop your society.. Then the World will Celebrate and even blow the trumpet �

2 Likes

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by damosky12(m): 9:56am On Jul 20, 2021
Karlzy01:

Enjoy your glorified slum,at least I can sleep with both eyes closed even if it rains cats and dogs,can you do same in Lagos?
Everywhere jam-packed,smallrain=flood.
Most of you praising Lagos to the high heavens are not even from lagos.
What is your state of origin?

You can sleep with both eyes closed. You didn't think that line through... grin Insecurity is not something with which I should score a point anyway.

Leave other people's state of origin. Just mind your business and stop seizing every chance to spit trash about South West. Like, what's your obsession with Lagos and SW about?

The irony of all this is that your people are trooping into Lagos, Ogun,and Ibadan on a daily basis in their tens and hundreds. Lagos is like a dream to them...
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by Yves4real(f): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2021
When NIMET predicted in February 2021 of possible flashes of floods in some parts of the country, our governors in the affected states were busy with other activities instead of deploying the relevant agencies to clear the drainage systems/culverts so as to minimise the adverse effects as seen now.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://dailytrust.com/floods-longer-dry-spell-imminent-in-2021-nimet-report&ved=2ahUKEwinmsHbofHxAhVE6uAKHRqgD0IQFjAKegQIDxAC&usg=AOvVaw1QlKVRoRe7rfxYn-JmHBG6&cshid=1626771062887

It is happening in western Europe with a devastating effects doesn't mean it should be so in Nigeria if we are proactive.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by yesloaded: 10:05am On Jul 20, 2021
This happened paste Friday

I was there live and direct although not as if the flood destroyed the train but it remained standstill for some time before it moved slowly like snail

The flood you are seeing was actually in the main road that leads to Ikeja along from Oshodi, those in the flood don't wanna use pedestrian bridge but truly the flood was massive that I have to empty 1 bottle of smallest Dettol antiseptic to have my bath when I got home

1 Like

Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by sisisioge: 10:06am On Jul 20, 2021
Biko will Oshodi be opened today or is today the ram killing day? Asking for a friend grin
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by pafo(m): 10:16am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigercity:
Over rated Lagos
Biggest slum in Africa closely followed by Ibadan

South West is gone
Modified grin
Odinary

Tell me you haven't left the Aba without telling me you haven't left Aba.
Re: Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) by htdot: 10:17am On Jul 20, 2021
Nigercity:
Over rated Lagos
Biggest slum in Africa closely followed by Ibadan

South West is gone
Modified grin
Odinary

But your obi cubanna and co preferred lagos and abj to nsukka

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Crushes Soldier To Death In Abeokuta At Mortuary Junction / Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / These Filthy Handrails In Lagos Buses Can Cause An Epidermic (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.