Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company (11810 Views)

Vacancies At Kaduna State Power Supply Company(kapsco) / Kaduna State Power Supply Company {KAPSCO} Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment {17 P / Recruitments At The Kaduna State Power Supply Company (KAPSCO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by poiZon: 3:53pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:

Exactly. The units that came with it is just 20units
If u have money i will advice u to pay the 5k so u can start using the metre. Where we r staying in ph, though light is almost steady like 18to 22 hrs daily on a good day, bills are crazy. Last month bill was 26k, this month 57k.. Na just single room we dey occupy o.
Just pay the 5k, pay for units, find electrician that can reconfigure the meter for u. U r good to go. After the reconfigure, make sure every month u dey buy atleast 2k worth of unit if na 2bdroom flat. If na self contained, 1k units.
These guys doesnt want people to be sincere and honest, so we have to play along.
Its like a teacher that teaches A, during exams he set Y... He definitely doesnt want the students to pass, so if u
Want to pass either u sort or u cheat. Cos no matter how well prepared u r, u can't pass.
Someone is earning less than 50k as salary, phed is giving him 57k as light bills... Is this not madness.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by salesbloo: 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
Nairaland to the dogs, Seun what is Edo State Power Distribution Company? This is to bad ...We have Benin Electricity Distribution Company Plc in charge of Edo, Ekiti, Ondo and Delta States.

BEDC is a private organization , how will you make payment to FG or State Govt. Op is so dumb and ignorant.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Goldbw122(m): 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
That is the main reason we are Not having constant light .. and our generator nor they rest or take break...
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Tecno66: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2021
hoyze24:
Edo state doesn't have a distribution company. You probably meant Benin electricity distribution company. It's wrong you have to pay money to the state government, it's not even government owned. Have you confirmed if other people were asked to do same thing.
The electricity company pays tax to the state govt. Because of greed, its possible the tax allocated to them by the state govt is being transfered directly to the consumers rather than take it from their profit. The state govt. is agressively sourcing for revenue now to the extent the buildings in the GRA are now being made to pay annual property tax.

2 Likes

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by authority2006(m): 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2021
poiZon:

Privatization was the best thing, the problem is the senate and house of reps are not doing their oversight on these discos..
Phcn or nepa was runned like the way nnpc is being runned.
Nigeria was losing yet still monies were budgeted for it yearly from other sectors.

Even with privatisation, FG is still pumping money into power sector. The only thing that has changed over the years is the ever increasing tariff.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Asquare84(m): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Nigeria does not have a single problem,

the citizens are the problem of this country.

Let me explain: Because it affects you, then you want to complain, if it benefit you, u won't care.

that is why I don't vote, because it makes no sense, even if a saint rules this country, corruption will still happen, because democracy is not child's play, it needs constant maintenance. you don't just fold your hands after election and wait for a miracle to happen. you must be involved in the system,

yahaya Bello wants to become president, Nigerians will still vote for him, because of GREED. what has Bello done for his state or even local government, just go to kogi state and see the level of crime and hunger there

Perfectly said
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Asquare84(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided
Not far from the truth one bit....

Them never gree give us light since on the 1st of this month until dem surprisingly bring am on the 15th.... Yesterday 20th dem distribute light bills and boooommm 15k per two flats wey no get pass only fans and t.v sets undecided

BEDC really need to be probed..

Better apply for prepaid meters it less expensive
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Sonnobax15(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2021
Asquare84:

Better apply for prepaid meters it less expensive
If only you know how many times we've applied for it but all efforts made have all been to no avail..
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Gfskw: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
Oh
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by poiZon: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2021
authority2006:

Even with privatisation, FG is still pumping money into power sector. The only thing that has changed over the years is the ever increasing tariff.
The best thing they did was to privatize...
They r pumping money into the sector is because fg still controls the transmission..
Also those saddle with the responsibility of supervising the power ministry arenot serious..

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by GoodFaith: 6:31pm On Jul 21, 2021
Sebastine1994:
Nigeria does not have a single problem,

the citizens are the problem of this country.

Let me explain: Because it affects you, then you want to complain, if it benefit you, u won't care.

that is why I don't vote, because it makes no sense, even if a saint rules this country, corruption will still happen, because democracy is not child's play, it needs constant maintenance. you don't just fold your hands after election and wait for a miracle to happen. you must be involved in the system,

yahaya Bello wants to become president, Nigerians will still vote for him, because of GREED. what has Bello done for his state or even local government, just go to kogi state and see the level of crime and hunger there

"the citizens are the problem of this country."-----repeat it ten more time
All Nigerians are pure evil

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Marliz: 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2021
1. The prepaid metre comes with 100 credit units which you will have to be paid back when you want to make your next purchase, the cost depends on the unit cost in your area.

2. The prepaid metre is not always configured/activated on their system to allow you to make your next purchase of credit unit. It will only be activated when you make your complain, and it takes up two weeks for the activation to be effected.

3. You will be asked to make payment upfront of #5,000.00 for the energy to be consumed for the 2weeks that the activation of metre will take.

It is a corrupt system we have here.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Franchise21(m): 10:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

I'm from Edo state to be precise.

The major problem we have presently is not just the FG alone but other bodies under the government.

I lived in an estimate of about 4 flats each. Fast forward to this day, we were using normal light (no prepaid). Along the line, my landlord introduced the prepaid meter for every flat, which was a welcome development.

Yesterday, I decided to recharge as usual. But I got an information that I can't recharge, and this prompt me to go to the NEPA office to laid a complain. On getting there, I was told that I have to pay #5000 before I can recharge and that is a new directive from the state government, which I was skeptical about. What annoyed me was the fact that, the payment is manual and not through the state or FG ban.

Since morning, I have been trying to call them but the phone line kept me on voice note.

Corruption is every corner, the system has gotten to a point where it cannot be saved.

This must get to the state government.
You're to pay for the pre-loaded units that came with the meter. Sometimes, it's 100 units or 200 units. It's not free, you have to pay for that before you can recharge further
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Franchise21(m): 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2021
Marliz:
1. The prepaid metre comes with 100 credit units which you will have to be paid back when you want to make your next purchase, the cost depends on the unit cost in your area.

2. The prepaid metre is not always configured/activated on their system to allow you to make your next purchase of credit unit. It will only be activated when you make your complain, and it takes up two weeks for the activation to be effected.

3. You will be asked to make payment upfront of #5,000.00 for the energy to be consumed for the 2weeks that the activation of metre will take.

It is a corrupt system we have here.
@the bolded... Once a meter has been installed, the reason you're being given 100 or 200 pre-loaded units is to allow you use supply while the meter is being set-up backend. Now, after meter set-up has been effected, you're advised to go recharge and pay for the already used pre-loaded units
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 3:27am On Jul 22, 2021
salesbloo:
Nairaland to the dogs, Seun what is Edo State Power Distribution Company? This is to bad ...We have Benin Electricity Distribution Company Plc in charge of Edo, Ekiti, Ondo and Delta States.

BEDC is a private organization , how will you make payment to FG or State Govt. Op is so dumb and ignorant.

Nitwit. Children everywhere. You are sick mentally.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Gval123: 6:53am On Jul 22, 2021
Nigeria died the day Gen Sani Abacha died. He was our best leader. Abacha had a reason for detaining those politicians, he knew they were evil and they were going to bring us pain. Come to think of it, Abacha never caused the ordinary people pain like our politicians are doing today.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Elmaaq: 10:18am On Jul 22, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

I'm from Edo state to be precise.

The major problem we have presently is not just the FG alone but other bodies under the government.

I lived in an estimate of about 4 flats each. Fast forward to this day, we were using normal light (no prepaid). Along the line, my landlord introduced the prepaid meter for every flat, which was a welcome development.

Yesterday, I decided to recharge as usual. But I got an information that I can't recharge, and this prompt me to go to the NEPA office to laid a complain. On getting there, I was told that I have to pay #5000 before I can recharge and that is a new directive from the state government, which I was skeptical about. What annoyed me was the fact that, the payment is manual and not through the state or FG ban.

Since morning, I have been trying to call them but the phone line kept me on voice note.

Corruption is every corner, the system has gotten to a point where it cannot be saved.

This must get to the state government.

Call their head office or go there to complain the issue should be rectified else return to the old meter
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Rochasstatue(f): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
YakubuLagos:

Which one is get into your brain again. It seems you forget to take your drugs this afternoon. Leave this thread if you don't have any meaningful thing to say

If you didn't find the aforesaid helpful, then your mental state is as ugly as a child conceived by mixing OBJ and Obaseki's sperm and use it to fertilize Oby Ezekwesilly.

If you fail to understand what I just said, I meant you are foolish and retarded.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2021
Rochasstatue:

If you didn't find the aforesaid helpful, then your mental state is as ugly as a child conceived by mixing OBJ and Obaseki's sperm and use it to fertilize Oby Ezekwesilly.

If you fail to understand what I just said, I meant you are foolish and retarded.

Idiot. Your mother has really failed in responsibilities of taking care of you. If you weren't a nitwit, you should have understand what comprehension is all about. This is what happened when parents divorced. It's obvious you are a product of failed marriage.

It's clear I can't help you. Mumu
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by EasyCredit: 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Are you stranded and looking for quick cash to sort yourself out?

Easycredit is the answer,to access our loan faster you can reach us on Whatsapp on 09027104780

Or do you have any issues related with payment of your loan?? Call or Whatsapp 09027104780

We have you well sorted out.

Easycredit remains your number loaning company.

You can download our app on playstore

Or call or Whatsapp us for faster response on loan or payment resolution on 09027104780

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maersk Line Customer Service Agent Recruitment / Who Has Successfully Applied For Diamond Bank Job / Zenith Bank Has Called Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.