Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company (11790 Views)

Vacancies At Kaduna State Power Supply Company(kapsco) / Kaduna State Power Supply Company {KAPSCO} Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment {17 P / Recruitments At The Kaduna State Power Supply Company (KAPSCO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by ReubenE(m): 1:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
sotall:
undecided

From what i have experienced, the first time you wanna recharge your meter or buy electricity, you are to pay a fee of 5000 naira which will be the cost of the electricity that came with the new meter.

In my case, i didn't know this and thought the electricity was free. So after using it and went back to buy electricity, i was told i must pay for the one i used before i can buy more.

I dont know if this is your case.
Yes

Every meter comes with pre-installed 100 units payable on your first recharge
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Whois(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
The 100 unit that came with the new prepaid is what they're asking you to pay for.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Lexusgs430: 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
This is not news.........

When no corruption exists...... Now, that is news...... cheesy
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by abumeinben(m): 1:22pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

I'm from Edo state to be precise.

The major problem we have presently is not just the FG alone but other bodies under the government.

I lived in an estimate of about 4 flats each. Fast forward to this day, we were using normal light (no prepaid). Along the line, my landlord introduced the prepaid meter for every flat, which was a welcome development.

Yesterday, I decided to recharge as usual. But I got an information that I can't recharge, and this prompt me to go to the NEPA office to laid a complain. On getting there, I was told that I have to pay #5000 before I can recharge and that is a new directive from the state government, which I was skeptical about. What annoyed me was the fact that, the payment is manual and not through the state or FG ban.

Since morning, I have been trying to call them but the phone line kept me on voice note.

Corruption is every corner, the system has gotten to a point where it cannot be saved.

This must get to the state government.

You had a bill you're using before. There's debt on it. This would be spread over a number of months to clear. The meter probably came with some units...you'll pay for that too. The sum of monthly payment and units may be the 5k. Anything outside my analysis, mention to them that you'll send mail to their customer care and copy NERC (pronounced nek).

3 Likes

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Blackdisciple(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2021
Not just Edo state but the whole Nigeria , the power sector is not working.

Common to iron one shirt make I wear go work I no fit. Just one shirt ooo.

The only thing we need in Nigeria is a nuclear blast without effect on soil to clean up the country, the lands who ever survives survived, and who ever couldn't survive I think that's the sacrifice. Then the survivors will start up afresh .
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by deenee: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

The major problem we have presently is not just the FG alone but other bodies under the government.

I lived in an estimate of about 4 flats each. Fast forward to this day, we were using normal light (no prepaid). Along the line, my landlord introduced the prepaid meter for every flat, which was a welcome development.

Yesterday, I decided to recharge as usual. But I got an information that I can't recharge, and this prompt me to go to the NEPA office to laid a complain. On getting there, I was told that I have to pay #5000 before I can recharge and that is a new directive from the state government, which I was skeptical about. What annoyed me was the fact that, the payment is manual and not through the state or FG ban.

Since morning, I have been trying to call them but the phone line kept me on voice note.

Corruption is every corner, the system has gotten to a point where it cannot be saved.

Were you owing on your post paid bill before a prepaid meter was installed?

Secondly all prepaid meters come with a pre loaded electricity credit that must be deducted from the first recharge by the customer

3 Likes

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by edoairways: 1:25pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos are you afraid to call the company's name or BEDC a state owned power firm?

2 Likes

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Chibuhealth(f): 1:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by authority2006(m): 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2021
bro4u:
Try and pay up bros, this is Nigeria for you cos your wailing won't change a thing. Sooner or later you'll still pay. This country died a long time ago

We were given prepaid meter, we had to pay money before allocation, part of the "debt". My brother who is working with them helped negotiate amount down to 20k!
When we wanted to recharge, we had to pay 17k (part of the debt again) before buying energy credit.
Then, we will be paying certain amount every month before buying energy credit (the same debt installment payments). I didn't support privatisation of power sector because I knew at the time that "rip off" would later be the song on lips of everyone.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Hanshotsolar(m): 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2021
Good observation.

YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by JuanDeDios: 1:50pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

If it's the new meter, you can recharge on line.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by tobatele(m): 1:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
If you are talking about BEDC, I won't doubt your claim.

She too like money.

But I thought that electricity is part of social amenities as we were taught when we were Young.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Almaigaa: 2:02pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

Ugly and incompetent Governor Obaseki has legalise corruption in Edo State. Nothing is working well in the State.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by TheGiftedOne(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

Call Man - Around - Town programme on independent Radio without delay. One call everything don burst. If you can't get them on phone walk down to see the crew one on one or DM me sharply. Case closed.

Meanwhile guys click on my signature for free coins worth 10dollars. I'm not mincing words. cos of mods I can't paste proof here.

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by WaffenSS(m): 2:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
sotall:
undecided

From what i have experienced, the first time you wanna recharge your meter or buy electricity, you are to pay a fee which will be the cost of the electricity that came with the new meter.

In my case, i didn't know this and thought the electricity was free. So after using it and went back to buy electricity, i was told i must pay for the one i used before i can buy more.

Absolutely.

It's the cost of the preloaded units.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2021
lazkizz:
If a university in Africa has been producing architects, engineers, building economists and interior designers for over 40 years… and the same university’s modern buildings are designed by Chinese consultants, such a university should just close down.

If a country has been unable to redeem her people from poverty after 50 years of independence and several regime change-overs, maybe such a country should be handed back to her colonial masters or outsource leadership from economies that deliver tangible results for their people, not political rhetoric.
We need Pep Guadiola as a country manager.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Algold: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
This guy just they wake up... 2% of Nigerians are not corrupt. Me and some few ones
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Davidonkonsults: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
The units that came with the meter you think it's free abi? Carry it to interpol. Those discos are pure capitalists.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
deenee:

Secondly all prepaid meters come with a pre loaded electricity credit that must be deducted from the first recharge by the customer

Thanks. When it was installed, it came with just 20 units which I doubt is even up to #1000
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Rochasstatue(f): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2021

The distribution company is a private business not owned by the federal govt.
Save it in your brain.
What you are paying for is the 100 units preinstalled in the meter.
At a tariff of #47.95k plus VAT it will cost about #5,000.
You must pay off this bill before you load a new token.
It is not corruption.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 2:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
The units that came with the meter you think it's free abi? Carry it to interpol. Those discos are pure capitalists.
it was just 20 units. The units that came with it is not up to #1000
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2021
Rochasstatue:

The distribution company is a private business not owned by the federal govt.
Save it in your brain.
What you are paying for is the 100 units preinstalled in the meter.
At a tariff of #47.95k plus VAT it will cost about #5,000.
You must pay off this bill before you load a new token.
It is not corruption.

Which one is get into your brain again. It seems you forget to take your drugs this afternoon. Leave this thread if you don't have any meaningful thing to say
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by YakubuLagos(f): 2:46pm On Jul 21, 2021
deenee:

Exactly. The units that came with it is just 20units
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2021
Prepaid meter has kept so many high rise buildings without power.

Caught in the act while bypassing the meter.

1 Like

Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by todaynewsreview: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2021
It's BEDC not EDDC. Benin Electricity Distribution Company. No fee should be paid manually. Not to even the State government. BEDC is a private company.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by poiZon: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

The problem i have with you is absolving the fed govt of the problems we r facing. What is the duty of the fed govt?
Their primary duty is to the welfare and securitt of the citizens.. If they can't do this, then they should humbly resign or sell off the country to people who can manage it.
In every system, there r bad people, but the system must have facilities to checkmate these bad people. Its very simple..
Lets stop absolving the govt abeg, who r those constituting the govt, are they aliens?
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Depressed101: 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
YakubuLagos:
Good day everyone.

madam you have to recharge, you should be able to recharge, but every metre comes with a pre existing debt of 5000 that will be deducted from every recharge you make until it completes 5000.. For example you recharge 5000...they will give you unit worth of 4100 deduct 900 until the 5000 is fully paid...

Pls don't give anybody money physically, that's the only scam I see... Goto pos shops tell them you want to buy nepa unit... You will give them your metre number and they will give you a code to load on the metre
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by mkpologwu(m): 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2021
bro4u:
Try and pay up bros, this is Nigeria for you cos your wailing won't change a thing. Sooner or later you'll still pay. This country died a long time ago

You can help him pay up. Yes this is Nigeria for us and we all need to wail together to change things. Sooner or later no one pays, the dead country will pave way for the living one.

Let's not discourage individuals who want better change in their lives. If you can't encourage them, kindly remain passive.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by anomaly20: 3:27pm On Jul 21, 2021
Homeboiy:
Op carry the matter go man around town nah

Or rhythm fm

Make them shuck mouth
Rythm Fm bill still mad ooo
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by poiZon: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2021
authority2006:

We were given prepaid meter, we had to pay money before allocation, part of the "debt". My brother working with them help negotiate amount down to 20k!
When we wanted to recharge, we had to pay 17k (part of the debt again) before buying energy credit.
Then, we will be certain amount every month before buying energy credit (the same debt installment payments). I didn't support privatisation of power sector because I knew at the time that rip off would later be the song on lips of everyone.
Privatization was the best thing, the problem is the senate and house of reps are not doing their oversight on these discos..
Phcn or nepa was runned like the way nnpc is being runned.
Nigeria was losing yet still monies were budgeted for it yearly from other sectors.
Re: Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company by Chiboto414: 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2021
sotall:
undecided

From what i have experienced, the first time you wanna recharge your meter or buy electricity, you are to pay a fee which will be the cost of the electricity that came with the new meter.

In my case, i didn't know this and thought the electricity was free. So after using it and went back to buy electricity, i was told i must pay for the one i used before i can buy more.same thing that happened to me too....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Get Your Dream Job In Nigeria: 10 Powerful Tips / What Did You Do With Your First Salary? / Who Has Successfully Applied For Diamond Bank Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.