Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. (1568 Views)

Linda Ikeji Et Al.:When Plagiarism Becomes the Cancer of Blogging / How 2 Bypass Google Blogger,wordpress Plagiarism Software Checker Via Copy&paste / 5 Lessons Every Blogger Can Learn From Linda Ikeji's Plagiarism Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by Johns83: 8:52pm On May 12, 2011
Guys, I just stumbled on this copy cat web site plagiarism almost word for word.

this website: http://unotechmedia.com/

copied by these guys:
http://crystaldezign.com/

what do you guys think?
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by yawatide(f): 10:28am On May 13, 2011
This is the very reason I balk when people on here say, "can I see your works?" It is not that I don't want to share it but that I know (based on personal experience) what some people are capable of doing.

We live in a scary world and unfortunately, I bet there are no copyright laws to protect the originating developer's work.

Sad!
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by greenmouse(m): 1:11pm On May 13, 2011
Its so sad, believe me that guy is not creative at all.
But meanwhile they should be sued for the damage done
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by remoranger(m): 1:44pm On May 13, 2011
gat dammit. this is bullshit. how dumb can u be? abeg make unotech media follow am up with their lawyers. they can afford it. kai. damboroubashege
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by DualCore1: 2:21pm On May 13, 2011
remoranger:

. kai. damboroubashege

what markup language is this? grin
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by schneid: 4:45pm On May 13, 2011
hmm,what can i say lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed,
Okay, could it be that one of the principal partner is pulling out and wants to PULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL EVERYTHING ALONG?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

I believe in this principle: "as long as a rival IMITATES you, as long as he follows in your TRACK, he will never PASS YOU.

Those pple(crystal ) thought pple no get eyes. @johns83, ur eyes sharp o.
@UNOTECH, if these pple can DUPLICATE ur site, they would definitely be checking your job profile and start doing same and present it to other clients. TAKE LEGAL ACTION wink
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by yawatide(f): 5:19pm On May 13, 2011
@schneid:
OP caught it because in a sense, he is trained in these ways. I doubt regular Joe Blow would have caught it.

Imagine a case where Joe Blow googles for a web developer and the fake one comes up. Unotech then loses money. Not only that, let's say the fake one does a bad job and somewhere along the line, the client sees the branding of the website but for some odd reason the actual unotech is in the picture, the client could then say, "mehn, dump those guys o. They totally messed up my website". Just like that, based on branding, they have condemned unotech even though unotech didn't actually do the work.

Once again, this is complete and utter shamelessness. I would even go as high as getting the EFCC involved.
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by utimatedes(m): 5:31pm On May 13, 2011
It just too bad to see that.
But wait a minute, what if the guy used template he bought online?
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by greenmouse(m): 5:37pm On May 13, 2011
Yewa-tide: Gbam true talk, I support you, this act must stop in Nigeria now

Utimdate-- Which template ?, abeg no go protect those fake guys.

This is a serious copyright policy(word to Word, Imagine)
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by remoranger(m): 7:08pm On May 13, 2011
@utimatedes. templates dont come with content.s
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by theangel: 12:51pm On May 14, 2011
Lack of creativity in the highest level.
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 4:53am On May 17, 2011
@ultimatedes, I was wondering the same thing. It could actually be a template bought online that both used. A lot of these professional template creators categorise their works. Those sites there look like what would have fallen under the "web design company" category.

@remoranger, certain templates do come with content, especially premium joomla templates; they're called quickstart packages. The content is the "sample content" and after uploading, installing and doing a little tweaking, you have a full website to run.

Otherwise, terrible plagiarism, not surprised tho. We see it in naija everyday
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by drone99(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2011
Wow!!! Copy and Paste. BTW, who copied who?
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by remoranger(m): 10:16am On May 17, 2011
@senbonzakura_kageyoshi(lool) u have a point. but from the way i see the second site edited, plus the press mentions, i think
(90%) that its just pure plagiarism. the cms used is joomla. it would help if anyone could point where the original template is online, if there is any,
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by DualCore1: 10:26am On May 17, 2011
Wooooosh, just remembered I have to watch Naruto Shippuden 211
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by yawatide(f): 10:48am On May 17, 2011
So, not to accuse anyone but I have been thinking about this for a while: Given over 100 million websites on this planet, how did OP just "stumble upon" these particular 2 websites that look alike?

Hmmm. Again, I am not pointing fingers o! Just wondering
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2011
grin, yeah, everyone thinks my moniker is amusinggly cool. I think its my favourite bleach name so it was a no brainer on what my online moniker should be.

@remoranger, yeah it does look like a terrible product of plagiarism but sometimes, even stuff like that press mention come with the quickstart template. All you'll then have to do is change the company name.

For instance, if the quickstart content's press mention was "lookolooka web designs debuts in international web design fair", all someone has to do is change the company name (even though the resulting statement will be completely false), say someone whose company name is red blob web inc. could just change it to "red blob web inc. debuts in international web design fair" and will sgill have something visually appealing (even tho it might be false). However, someone else, whose company name is blackwebbo digital, and is as lazy as the other template user would just change it to "blackwebbo digital debuts in international web design fair". End of the day, both sites still look exactly the same and the site owners made little real effort to deviate from the original template. I've worked with premium templates several times and one of the first thing i do after pufchasing and installing is to work on editing so that nobody can link it to some template they saw on a template club's site.

@dual core, i'm beyond naruto. Bleach is where the fun's at now
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2011
@yawa, exactly. For one, we don't know which is the original site. Unotech could have plagiarised the other side and improved on the design, its not impossible. We only have the op's word for it.

Another reason why i think its a template work is because fraudulent plagiarists usually copy fro,m sites with some reputation. This is the first tme i'm coming across unotech. If some plagiarist deliberately took time to code his site exactly in the mould of another existing sites, then i'm sure he can create his own non plagiarised site that's good enough. Plagiarists are usually templatists. Trust me, i know.
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by DualCore1: 11:11am On May 17, 2011
my lifestyle can only accommodate one anime at a time. before my head go tear.

I however do not like this having to sit on the episode fence waiting for each release. angry
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:34am On May 17, 2011
haha, its just that i find bleach more mature than naruto and the story line is more diverse. Bleach was created in such a way a to keep the viewers interest at a maximum, proof of this being that when a plot seems to be dragging on for too long, they cut to a side story that momentarily brings your attention back to optimum levels, then they retun to the original plot. Nice, I tell ya.
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by biglawks(m): 12:03pm On May 17, 2011
Guys, we never can tell the owner of the first site could be the owner of the send one also.
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by biglawks(m): 12:04pm On May 17, 2011
Guys, we never can tell the owner of the first site could be the owner of the send one also.
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by biglawks(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2011
Re: Very Funny Website Plagiarism In Nigeria, Word For Word. by biglawks(m): 12:06pm On May 17, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Drupal Or Joomla Which One? / Twitter Having Problem Displaying On Opera-mini / 6 Proven Local SEO Steps To Rank #1 In Google Search

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.