Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:16 AM

How To Avoid Losing Your Land To The Government - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Avoid Losing Your Land To The Government (200 Views)

'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke / How To Avoid Losing Your Hard Earned Money To Land Scammers In Nigeria / The Story Of Woman Losing 5 Kids In A Collapsed Building Is False - AutoReportNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Avoid Losing Your Land To The Government by DANBELPIL: 5:47pm On Jul 21, 2021
On August 19, 2020, the residents of Oreki, Alahun hamlet, in Eleko, Ibeju Lekki, went to bed as usual, but were awoken by the sounds of bulldozers. They raced out to discover that the state administration had returned to demolish their homes after sending an earlier quit notice. The similar thing happened in Oke-Egan, Kayetoro, Eleko, and Ibeju-Lekki. The exercise resulted in the demolition of 1,200 homes.

With estates springing forth left, right and center, how then can you avoid losing your land to the government in the future?

In order to address the question, we must go back to 1978, when the Land Use Act was passed. The Land Use Act transferred land ownership to the state governors, allowing them the authority to distribute land to any family, individual, or corporation and then issue a Certificate of Occupancy.
READ MORE

(1) (Reply)

To Let A Roomself At Jesus Street Ifako Gbagada 150k A Year A Room Self At J / How Fraduster Scam Me Because I Did Not Understand Land Titles / Affordable Home Furniture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.