Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:48 PM

'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke (48729 Views)

Look What I Found On The Roof Of My Father's House At The Village / Luxury 3 Bedroom Flat On Remi Fani-kayode Street, Ikeja GRA, Lagos For Sale / Banana Island- A Wonderful Creation Of Late Chief Adebayo Adeleke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by cream1: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2023
My Dad left Nigeria🇳🇬 in his late teens to be educated in the West🇬🇧

After completing his bachelors and Masters in the UK🇬🇧, he created multiple business in the West 🇺🇸🇬🇧and generated more wealth than he could have ever imagined.

Dad brought all his talents and expertise back to Nigeria🇳🇬 with the hopes of creating a World Trade Center/African Wall Street.

When I was born in Nigeria🇳🇬 I was surrounded by wealth, servants, opulence and two loving parents who despite having it all, modeled the importance hard work, never being a victim and never being satisfied with mediocrity.

In 1987 the Nigerian government🇳🇬 illegally and corruptly stole all of my dad’s assets, including his man made island that’s now worth billions and was renamed to Banana Island.

While fighting the Nigerian government🇳🇬 in court, he mysteriously died weeks later.

We went from rich to poor over night.

Mom brought my brother and me to America🇺🇸

It wasn’t easy, as we literally started from the bottom in the Bronx🙅🏾

My brother and I applied what our parents instilled in us at an early age, and despite the plethora of mistakes I made, we both became very successful.

Without the opportunities America🇺🇸 has afforded my family, I’d be nothing. Yeah, America🇺🇸 isn’t perfect. We have our issues, just like every other country on the planet, but America🇺🇸 is one of the handful of places in the world where you can start with nothing, put in the work, and end up at the top.

I love this country🇺🇸, and I’m not ashamed to say it. And the moment I feel otherwise, I’m gonna pack my stuff up, teach my kids a new language and seek life elsewhere.

With that said, #HappyIndependenceDay 🇺🇸 #4thofjuly

https://twitter.com/RemiAdeleke/status/1676260066473943040?s=20

In his Twitter thread, Remi said his dad left Nigeria in his late teens to study in the UK. He said that after completing his education which included a Masters, his father moved to Nigeria where he hoped to use his expertise and wealth of experience to create a ‘World Trade Center/African Wall Street’. He stated that he lived a good life until 1987 when the Nigerian government 'illegally took possession of his father's assets' including his man-made Island which he said is now known as ‘’Banana Island''.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by TemplarLandry: 11:08am On Jul 06, 2023
Chin up bruh.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by dihnawris: 11:09am On Jul 06, 2023
nawao wink any proof?

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Urheadmaster(m): 11:10am On Jul 06, 2023
Another misplaced priority tongue
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Christistruth03: 11:13am On Jul 06, 2023
dihnawris:
nawao wink any proof?

It was common Knowledge that Banana Island belonged to the Adeleke family

(Davido's Clan)

Parachoco:
I do wander why the Govt take away the Island from them

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Parachoco: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2023
Christistruth03:

(Davido's Clan)
I do wander why the Govt take away the Island from them

Christistruth03:

(Davido's Clan)

But what does he expect the Onigbesa of Igbesa to say, the Military FG took half of the Land from Igbesa in Ogun State to Oshodi in Central Lagos from him

Abacha was even seizing Lands from the Old Missionary Schools with very big fields

But there is still a Rumour that Babangida gave Davido's Dad an Oil well which will mean that the FG has indirectly paid for it and the rest of the family need to collect their own share from him
I do not think they are related to the Adelekes of Osun State

The Adeleke who developed Banana Island is from somewhere in Ogun State

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by helinues: 11:21am On Jul 06, 2023
We're wo lo so'ro yen?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by delzbaba(m): 11:21am On Jul 06, 2023
its the cynical part of this story Nigerians are picking out,, it says a lot about who we are as a people.its a success due to hard work and a good working environment, but na that banana island part we see..

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by slawomir: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Yet some people still criticising American

The home of opportunity

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by marlow1962(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hoor you mean am?
So them no fit protest say government take their land, but igbo man go buy land from them landlords and landlords no go wn they at peace with their selves.
Nawa.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Lovenorth: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Why is he telling us?

3 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by spartachico(m): 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Story story

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by sholay4star: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hmmm
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by BigDawsNet: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Yea... and some part belongs to my dad too

5 Likes

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by casualobserver: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
dihnawris:
nawao wink any proof?

Everybody knows the story of Banana island. It doesn’t cost you anything to do some research, google is free. If it it BBNaija, you will have data. When Buhari called you lazy youth, una vex.

Since you are too lazy to research yourselves, See below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Island,_Lagos

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by VawuIenceProMax: 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2023
Abobi. Half of banana island was owned by my great grand father . I don't remember my dad selling it to your father , so chill

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by MS247: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2023
cool

Fact

Chief Adeleke dredged banana island .. Military Oligarchy stole it and Kidwayas father helped develop it

432 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Make I waka pass before Yoruba Ronu people show

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
delzbaba:
its the cynical part of this story Nigerians are picking out,, it says a lot about who we are as a people.its a success due to hard work and a good working environment, but na that banana island part we see..

Lol
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by stylishwears: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Okay

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by mrvitalis(m): 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Facts
Funny thing is the man developed part of ikoyi they took it from him gave him swamp as compensation

He accepted turned the swamp to banana island then they took it from him again without compensation

Case is still in court

There were and still is so many injustice committed by the Nigerians government in pure wickedness, envy and with intent to oppress people

Little wonder why we are not developing

You can build a nation with a foundation of injustice and expect growth

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Cantonese: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by adonainana: 12:51pm On Jul 06, 2023
He is probably right

The land use act was enacted in 1978 what it did was *vest all Land in the territory of each State solely in the Governor of the State, who would hold such Land in trust for the people and would henceforth be responsible for allocation of land to individuals resident in the State and to organisations for residential, agriculture, commercial and other purposes*

For non lawyers in the house, the law simply made his dad property that of the government subject to his dad applying for allocation fromt the government

Very similar to a country nationalizing a foreign company .

Sometimes a lot of unexplainable things happen in life

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Isobug: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
From the story,He doesn't even think of Nigeria again

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by ukpahu(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2023
Sorry
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by MS247: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2023
helinues:
We're wo lo so'ro yen?

He said nothing but the truth. Babangida and Terry Way, Kidwayas father would suffer greatly one day for their crimes

They Nationalised many assets

If not for influence of MKO they almost Nationalised Odua Investment

340 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Weedhustler: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2023
Na buhari dey power then...the mugu is more corrupt than an average Aboki can imagine.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Teejay13(m): 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2023
Story for the gods.
Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by Dshocker(m): 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
He just made a fool out of himself...

We would have believed his story to an extent, if there were empirical facts to his claim.

1 Like

Re: 'Banana Island Belonged To My Father But The Government Stole It' - Remi Adeleke by VeryWickedPrick: 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2023
Banana Island belongs to Igbos.

Afonjanistans don't name their communities in English. Check Elegushi, Ikate, Ibeju, Lakowe, Amukoko, Surulere, Ajangbadi.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Many Pupils Dead, Over 100 Trapped As School Building Collapses In Lagos / The Making Of The "Contemporary 6 Bedroom Duplex " In Anambra / How Many Bedroom Do You Think Lagos Landlord Will Get From This Kitchen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.