Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,428 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! (621 Views)

What Are The Things You Consider Before Moving To A New Place Of Residence? / My Landlord And I / Rooms And Self Contain For Rent At Agbowo, Ibadan, Very Close To UI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by DigitalNomad21: 2:29am On Jul 22, 2021
Hello NLders,
So my freelancing career has been going good for a couple of years now, and I think it's time to finally leave my Uncle's place in Lagos (where I've been staying since I finished Uni in the 2017) and get a place for myself where I can focus on work and build my future.

I have thought of renting a decent apartment in Lagos, as my budget covers that conveniently, but my stay in Lagos so far has only made me hate the city more- nice city with a lot of opportunities but unnecessary and non-stop stress and hardship with almost everyone constantly looking for ways and means to rip the other person off.

I've been to Ibadan several times- although I just know a few places over there, but I consider the city to be a lot more calmer than Lagos, which is suitable for my kind of a-little-bit-quiet lifestyle. So I am planning to relocate to Ibadan in the next couple of months and I need help.

First off, I would like to know the decent places in Ibadan with great security and constant power supply, where I can get a very decent minimum of 2 and maximum of 3-bedroom apartment. I actually prefer 3 because I hope to convert one of the rooms into a workspace for my freelancing business.

I visited someone at Elebu a couple of months ago, and aside from the poor road network around the area, I could tell easily that incessant robbery is a thing over there. We really couldn't enjoy our sleep for some nights, owing to the constant robbery threat around the area.

If I can have the price range too, it will help me prepare better. Truthfully, I have searched and gone through very similar threads but I discovered most of the posts were old already and might not reaally reflect the current situation of things in the country, so I'd appreciate helpful inputs from natives and people who also relocated to Ibadan from other states.

I'd like to llink up with an honest agent here too. Thanks y'all in anticipation.
Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by SportsHD: 2:36am On Jul 22, 2021
What's your price range and what type of apartment? Maybe I could point you areas that'll suit you.

By the way, house agents would tell you the area is safe and there's light. It's their job.
Don't trust them too much. 99% intelligenci 1% ruggedity.
Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by DigitalNomad21: 4:01am On Jul 22, 2021
I just modified my post to include the details. I'm looking to rent a very decent 2/3-bedroom apartment.
SportsHD:
What's your price range and what type of apartment? Maybe I could point you areas that'll suit you.

By the way, house agents would tell you the area is safe and there's light. It's their job.
Don't trust them too much. 99% intelligenci 1% ruggedity.
Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by SportsHD: 5:32am On Jul 22, 2021
DigitalNomad21:
I just modified my post to include the details. I'm looking to rent a very decent 2/3-bedroom apartment.
Around Liberty stadium/ring road area, you'll get 2/3 bedroom starting from 150k to around 300-400. Around there, the light is good, good roads, secure area. Secure to an extent cos Nigeria ain't safe again, you get my point.

Around oluyole, agbowo, ui area, budget from 350 or 400k upwards for your doings.

That's like, pretty much the ideas of places I know. Secure areas with good power supply.
Do you own research, contact the people you know in ibadan and ask more. There are many places that fit your description. These are just the ones I know.

1 Like

Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by Nisiw365: 6:54am On Jul 22, 2021
DigitalNomad21:
Budget 300k for 2 bedroom and 400k rent for 3 bedroom. Oluyole estate is cool and secured. Ring road areas close to oluyole are also cool, and secured with good electricity supply.

Akobo is also okay but robbers do disturb in few places in akobo.
Bodija is also cool , not so good electricity , secured as well
Assuming you are Rich, would have recommended alalubosa because its very secured and good power supply
Jericho is also secured but power supply isn't good compared to oluyole, ring road, akobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by DigitalNomad21: 10:11am On Jul 22, 2021
I can up my budget if necessary. What's the price range for the alalubosa area? Security and pwoer supply are paramount for me.
Nisiw365:

Budget 300k for 2 bedroom and 400k rent for 3 bedroom. Oluyole estate is cool and secured. Ring road areas close to oluyole are also cool, and secured with good electricity supply.

Akobo is also okay but robbers do disturb in few places in akobo.
Bodija is also cool , not so good electricity , secured as well
Assuming you are Rich, would have recommended alalubosa because its very secured and good power supply
Jericho is also secured but power supply isn't good compared to oluyole, ring road, akobo
Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by DigitalNomad21: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2021
Thanks very much, bro.
SportsHD:

Around Liberty stadium/ring road area, you'll get 2/3 bedroom starting from 150k to around 300-400. Around there, the light is good, good roads, secure area. Secure to an extent cos Nigeria ain't safe again, you get my point.

Around oluyole, agbowo, ui area, budget from 350 or 400k upwards for your doings.

That's like, pretty much the ideas of places I know. Secure areas with good power supply.
Do you own research, contact the people you know in ibadan and ask more. There are many places that fit your description. These are just the ones I know.
Re: Moving To Ibadan Very Soon And I Need Help! by Nisiw365: 10:16am On Jul 22, 2021
DigitalNomad21:
I can up my budget if necessary. What's the price range for the alalubosa area? Security and pwoer supply are paramount for me.
2bedroom goes for 700k at least. Mini flat goes for 500k in alalubosa.
Choose between alalubosa and oluyole

The fees stated are rent excluding agent and other fees

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Your Property Fast In 2022 / JUST IN: One Dead As Building Collapses In Lagos Again / BOQ And Estimated Cost Of DPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.