Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,476 members, 7,861,377 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo (694 Views)

Why Winners Pastors Were Sacked By Daniel Breakforth / Sacked Pastors: Winners Chapel Is In Order - Reno Omokri / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by damilola4162(m): 12:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
The founder of Living Faith Church International popularaly known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedapo has explained why he recently sacked 40 pastors from his church, Newspremises reports.

Oyedepo said, he decided to sack the pastorsh because they were unfruitful.

Newspremises recall that, one Pastor Peter Godwin had claimed that the church sacked the pastors in Ekiti State for having a church growth index that falls below expectations.

The pastor had said, “I was told by the management that the church doesn’t operate at a loss.

“They also told me that the total income that is being generated from my station should be able to cater for my welfare and accommodation, so as a result of low income, I’m hereby dismissed.”

This sparked reactions amongst Nigerians on social media who questioned the system at Winners’ Chapel while others stated that the church was within its rights to sack the pastors.

Addressing the issue while speaking to his congregation, Oyedepo wondered why there was no buzz on social media when 7,000 people were employed by the church.

The clergyman said, “People are confused about our Ministry. I learnt some fellows said, “you know, they are not bringing income, that is why they asked them to go”.

“We asked you to go because you are unfruitful. Unfruitful! Blatant failure. Doing what there? We have no patience with failure here.

“When we employed 7,000 people at a time, social media was dead.

“We have more employees in this organisation than most of the states. No one is owed a dime salary and we don’t borrow, we don’t beg. Ask our bank whether we take overdraft.

“We are covenant bound, working in the light of God’s word, enjoying an open Heaven.”

On if money was an issue to his church, he said, “Money? Nonsense. We have never lacked it and yet we have never prayed for it.

“We are just simply obeying God and He is backing up what He is asking us to do. Awesome God.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/pastors-sacked-by-winners-chapel-unfruitful-blatant-failure-says-oyedepo/

Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by MolarT(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
damilola4162:
The founder of Living Faith Church International popularaly known as Winners’ Chapel, Bishop David Oyedapo has explained why he recently sacked 40 pastors from his church, Newspremises reports.

Oyedepo said, he decided to sack the pastorsh because they were unfruitful.

Newspremises recall that, one Pastor Peter Godwin had claimed that the church sacked the pastors in Ekiti State for having a church growth index that falls below expectations.

The pastor had said, “I was told by the management that the church doesn’t operate at a loss.

“They also told me that the total income that is being generated from my station should be able to cater for my welfare and accommodation, so as a result of low income, I’m hereby dismissed.”

This sparked reactions amongst Nigerians on social media who questioned the system at Winners’ Chapel while others stated that the church was within its rights to sack the pastors.

Addressing the issue while speaking to his congregation, Oyedepo wondered why there was no buzz on social media when 7,000 people were employed by the church.

The clergyman said, “People are confused about our Ministry. I learnt some fellows said, “you know, they are not bringing income, that is why they asked them to go”.

“We asked you to go because you are unfruitful. Unfruitful! Blatant failure. Doing what there? We have no patience with failure here.

“When we employed 7,000 people at a time, social media was dead.

“We have more employees in this organisation than most of the states. No one is owed a dime salary and we don’t borrow, we don’t beg. Ask our bank whether we take overdraft.

“We are covenant bound, working in the light of God’s word, enjoying an open Heaven.”

On if money was an issue to his church, he said, “Money? Nonsense. We have never lacked it and yet we have never prayed for it.

“We are just simply obeying God and He is backing up what He is asking us to do. Awesome God.”

Source:
Top notch response...
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by Fahdiga(m): 12:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nice one from Daddy GO but the question is are these pastors no longer called by God or they were simply employed. During their ordination you told us that they were the ones God showed you in a vision to lead the flocks. What happened?
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by Sirchef: 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
If I employed someone to manage and grow a business and it's not yielding result, I have every right to fire that person. Even with free house and salary. He was employed not sent from heaven.
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by temitope27(m): 12:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
Ok
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by Starzo: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2021
I nor be big fan of this man but this reply go well aswear
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
On that part of those guys being unfriutful, he is actually right and I support his action to lay them off.
Many of them should have resigned to face whatever is holding back their lives from being unfruitful instead of waiting to get sacked. I may be wrong, but I see a tone of arrogance in how the Bishop responded. Some of them may later become successful in the future.
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by damilola4162(m): 12:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
grin grin grin
Starzo:
I nor be big fan of this man but this reply go well aswear
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by MUMUBBQGRILLS: 12:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by duro4chang(m): 12:59pm On Jul 22, 2021
To me, the pastors can only do their best. Only God can give increase numerically and financially. Pastoring should be a part time job for new pastors
Re: Pastors Sacked By Winners’ Chapel ‘unfruitful, Blatant Failure,’ Says Oyedepo by OloshoMan: 1:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
Since God called them, Why not wait for God to sack them automatically from heaven, or is it now that you people know that the most effective way is human action not by praying.

(1) (Reply)

False Preachers Who Come In Sheep Clothing / Prepare For September,they Are Coming Like Locusts / What The World Need In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.