Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,747 members, 7,813,451 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President (54860 Views)

Ozioko Chidimma Domitila: UNN Female SUG Presidential Candidate Cries Out / Record Set! A Lady Becomes The First Female Sug President Of FUNAAB! / Leg Of Kogi University Graduate Crushed By Student During Celebration (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Gemid94(m): 6:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kogi State University also known as Prince Abubakar Audu University, PAAU, is a state-owned varsity founded in 1999 and has weathered through the storms of serial political transitions, some of which saw attempts to revive the ailing aspects of the school, others were lackadaisical in the revamping approach.

In this interview, Abubakar Fatima Zahra, the first-ever female Students Union President in the history of the varsity, discusses the issue of revamping the ailing aspects of the institution and also shares some insights about her plan for the students…

Excerpts:

Congratulations on your victory at the poll. Tell us a bit about yourself. Who is Zahra?

Thank you so much for this opportunity. I’m a 500 level Agricultural student from the department of Crop Production, and also the Team leader of Enactus Kogi State University. From Ankpa Local Goverment and born on June 15th 1997 into the family of Mr and Mrs Hussain Abubakar Agolo. I’m a straight forward and easy going person.

How did you feel on the day you’re declared winner at the poll? Did you ever think it was possible?

I felt so excited and grateful. At first, I thought it was not possible because I was on the field with 8 Men but in the long run, I started seeing the possibilities and kept pushing the struggle. And on the day I was declared, I wasn’t really expecting but same time wasn’t too scared because I knew I have tried my best.

As the first female president in the history of Kogi State University, what is your plan for the students?

My plan for the students is to be a good representative to the very best of my abilities.

Considering the fact of being a student at the same time delving into politics, how do you plan to merge these two key factors?

Having at the back of my mind that I’m still a student and the number one priority is my education, will help me to be able to balance both.

Based on popular opinion that the past Students Union Governments failed to address the lacuna in students/lecturers relationship. What would you do differently to improve on the synergy between the duo?

Student Union Goverment has failed us over time. But I’ll try my best to lay a legacy behind that everyone will live to remember.

How do you intend to achieve this?

By being accessible to the best of my abilities and also identify certain problems and looking for the possible solutions to them. I intend to meet relevant stakeholders to this effect. It’s a collective responsibility that demand collective effort.

Last words to those students especially ladies who might someday want to take up positions at the SUG level. Your advise advice to them please.

Advice to those who would like to take after me is that they should be courageous, fearless, and committed to whatever they set up their minds at. Nothing is impossible only if you can take a step.

https://community.vanguardngr.com/forum/topics/24-year-old-student-makes-history-as-first-female-sug-president

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Adeoludt(m): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Wow... Congrat Girl

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by tillaman(m): 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2021
What a man can do a woman can do half
The future is female, congrats to the young lady

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Seniorwriter(m): 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Nice

@SeniorWriter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Machinegun91(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
All those Fatima girls like forming.....

10 Likes

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by iamtardey: 7:06pm On Jul 22, 2021
I'll act like I don't know this lol grin
Machinegun91:
All those Fatima girls like forming.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by phenzy(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
I just hope you perform better than your predecessors. Congrats babygirl.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by clockwisereport: 9:37pm On Jul 22, 2021
Wondering whether this is newsworthy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by siofra(f): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
THE FUTURE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN FEMALE

3 Likes

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by donprincebigt(m): 7:23am On Jul 23, 2021
All dz kind small girls wey get advantages like this are just too overserious. If u enter dere trap, forget it just d what dey ask u cus u can't bribe ur way out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by phemmyfour: 7:47am On Jul 23, 2021
I was on the field with 8 Men but in the long run, I started seeing the possibilities and kept pushing the struggle

No wonder, you got there via pity votes

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Dalil8: 8:48am On Jul 23, 2021
siofra:
THE FUTURE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN FEMALE

Your great grandmothers said the same, it never happened.

Today it's your turn, in the future it would be your great grand daughters singing the same "future is fe-mail" song.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by heniford2: 9:01am On Jul 23, 2021
Dalil8:

Your great grandmother's said the same.
lol grin cheesy and the female word continue with nothing to show for it expect that little thing inbetwn her legs wink shocked

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Kaylet: 11:17am On Jul 23, 2021
Congrats to you dear.

Future Governor of the state, if things don't fall apart

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by bigdammyj: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Noted
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 23, 2021
Nice
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Sonnobax15(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
shocked
The bottom of her pot go don hear am well well..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by HEAVEN4444: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
angry
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by chukwuibuipob: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
cheesy cool wink congrats.We dey look for the ever first Female NIG PRESIDENT
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Bestofall1: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
Oh
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by wunmi590(m): 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
cool

The present news hitting front page about female taking the leadership role under the umbrella of SUG is a welcome development...

But the question is, can they keep up with Nigeria politics? And can Nigeria really give them the opportunity to strive in the political world?

School politics is quite different from real politics...

After being the 2 time deputy speaker of my faculty and RT. Hon. Speaker of the same faculty at my final year, I'm still struggling to meet up with Nigerian politics....

I wish you well......

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
She's sumptuously charming, sparkling chocolate cutie

Congratulations!!! May Your Reign Creates Impact On Campus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Sunnybay7: 5:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
Quota system
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Yonsxp: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
Good one
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by chukwuibuipob: 5:06pm On Jul 23, 2021
sad grin
tillaman:
angry
better shine teeth and nor kee yourself .Ur own time dey come.Who say u can't become NURTW president tomorrow lipsrsealed grin

4 Likes

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by abobote: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
I can bet with my girlfriend's left breast, that the girl is from Ebira, they are very violent and can stick together like bee
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
Congrats to her.
I hope she would be a pace setter.

1 Like

Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by revived: 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
E Dun Be
Re: Abubakar Fatima Zahra Is Kogi University First Female SUG President by Munzy14(m): 5:07pm On Jul 23, 2021
Very commendable.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / JSS1 Textbook Teaching Masturbation As Abstinence Causes Outrage / Top 10 Largest Universities In Nigeria By Land Mass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.