Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN (11613 Views)

How Do I Check To Know All The Numbers Registered With My NIN / NIMC Mobile App: You Can Verify Your NIN On The NIMC Mobile ID-App / How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by RonnyD: 8:01am On Jul 23, 2021
Does anyone else have this problem? I got my NIN in January but ever since I tried linking it on my MTN number, it keeps saying that it hasn’t been verified yet “verification ongoing”. My mom has the same issue.

However oddly enough my dad doesn’t seem to have the issue and all three of us got our NIN on the same day.

Another thing is that when I went to renew my passport my NIN also couldn’t be verified on their system. The lady there said a lot of people are suffering from the same problem, and she has seen families where half of them have their numbers verified and the other half don’t, and they just have to keep holding on to their passport till it verifies in their system. And that for some of them it has been up to 6 months since it happened.

Is this a problem with the NIMC database? We called the NIN registration centre and they said that my number was in their system, so idk.
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:03am On Jul 23, 2021
No fear, them no go block your number. Even if them block self, we go plenty grin
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by RonnyD: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2021
Lordofalmajiri:
No fear, them no go block your number. Even if them block self, we go plenty grin

It’s not just my number I’m worried about but my passport too, since we now need NIN number to get a new passport, and my NIN isn’t verifying in the passport office system.

This country sha, everything here is always done halfway.
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by ugwumichael(m): 8:14am On Jul 23, 2021
I used MTN app and NIMC app to link mine
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Emmynation(m): 8:28am On Jul 23, 2021
I guess the name you used in registering the number is different from the name you used for the nin
My advice use the NIN app to verify it
And use the MTN app to submit it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Bossman(m): 10:29am On Jul 23, 2021
I suspect there are different names between NIN system and MTN line. Had the same issue when I tried to renew my passport. Long first name on passport, but short name on NIN system. So the verification failed. Had to make a name modification in the NIN office before my NIN verification came through.

Why in 2021 would a modern system try to match on first name is beyond me. Normally it should be a combination of DOB and last name. Then if multiple matches are found, they add first name to try to get a unique match.

RonnyD:
Does anyone else have this problem? I got my NIN in January but ever since I tried linking it on my MTN number, it keeps saying that it hasn’t been verified yet “verification ongoing”. My mom has the same issue.

1 Like

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by olamide34(m): 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
Bossman:
I suspect there are different names between NIN system and MTN line. Had the same issue when I tried to renew my passport. Long first name on passport, but shirt name on NIN system. So the verification failed. Had to make a name modification in the NIN office before my NIN verification came through.

Why in 2021 would a modern system try to match on first name is beyond me. Normally it should be a combination of DOB and last name. Then if multiple matches are found, they add first name to try to get a unique match.

I'm having the same issue right now. I'm have been trying to renew my passport. It has not been possible because of NIn issue.
When i did enrollment for NiN at first, the bank where i did registration use my bVN to register instead of using the details i gave them now, they did not add my middle name. I only have two name there, while on my passport i had the name complete.

I have gone for name remodification at Alausa, but up till now it hasn't changed.

What do you think i should do? Or If you have any contact there, i wouldn't mind if you can share it with me privately.

Thank you so much in advance.
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Bossman(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2021
Same here, NIN guy here at the Chicago center pulled the info from the BVN generated NIN, instead of using what's on my passport. I was doing my renewal at Ikoyi office...I paid 20k for fast tracking, so that I can collect my passport within the 7 days I had before returning to the US. Well, that failed because of the NIN wahala. Once my agent contacted me about the name issue, I went out there the following day, he put me in touch with someone at the NIN office right next door, did the name modification, paid 15k for fast tracking ( a simple name change 1K regularly). Well, the damn machine had network problems contacting the Abuja office. So, I was not able to get the NIN slip. Called every day before I left Naija, but no luck. Then it dawned on me that since I did my NIN here at the Chicago office, I might as well reach out to them. Called the NIN registration guy, since I know him personally. He asked me to come in on a Sunday afternoon (Yes doing it remotely from his house). Went there, did the modification, he sent it to the Abuja system, and on the following day he informed me it's been finalized, and he forwarded/emailed me the updated NIN slip. Forwarded the NIN slip to my guy doing passport in Naija, and my passport came out the following day. A friend of mine visiting Naija brought my passport back for me. Thank God I did 10 year renewal! I do not have to deal with this mess for another 10 years.

Sorry for the long story. It's so that you can know the trouble I went through. In you case, if you have time on your side, I'd suggest you just wait.

PS. I did not have to pay a dime for the name modification here. The guy realized it was his own mistake, by using the name on the BVN rather the info on my passport that I tendered to him.

olamide34:

I'm having the same issue right now. I'm have been trying to renew my passport. It has not been possible because of NIn issue.
When i did enrollment for NiN at first, the bank where i did registration use my bVN to register instead of using the details i gave them now, they did not add my middle name. I only have two name there, while on my passport i had the name complete.

I have gone for name remodification at Alausa, but up till now it hasn't changed.

What do you think i should do? Or If you have any contact there, i wouldn't mind if you can share it with me privately.

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by yak(m): 11:21pm On Jul 24, 2021
olamide34:

Call the nimc customer care numbers 08157691145
Complain to them. I must inform you that it takes time to get through and ụ must call during official hours

1 Like

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by olamide34(m): 12:32pm On Jul 28, 2021
yak:

Complain to them. I must inform you that it takes time to get through and ụ must call during official hours

Thank you some much, i have been able to get through them today. They said, "they will resolve the issue in the next 48 hours."

Now, I'm hoping they stick to their promise.

1 Like

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by yak(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
olamide34:

Thank you some much, i have been able to get through them today. They said, "they will resolve the issue in the next 48 hours."

Now, I'm hoping they stick to their promise.

Keep me posted. If not done till Monday, we may find another way
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by olamide34(m): 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2021
yak:

Good pm.

The NiN verification has dropped today in the morning. I'm so overwhelmed with joy and the name has been included.

Thank you so much, for the assistance.

If you are having the same issue, just call that number, It will be resolved

1 Like

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by yak(m): 2:31am On Jul 31, 2021
olamide34:

Good pm.

The NiN verification has dropped today in the morning. I'm so overwhelmed with joy and the name has been included.

Thank you so much, for the assistance.

If you are having the same issue, just call that number, It will be resolved

So happy it worked.
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by MomentMan(m): 9:45am On Jul 31, 2021
Who knows the procedure of during NIN correction of data?
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by yak(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2021
MomentMan:
Who knows the procedure of during NIN correction of data?

What do you wish to correct and what's your state of residence?
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by MomentMan(m): 10:23pm On Jul 31, 2021
yak:

What do you wish to correct and what's your state of residence?

I wish to correct my date of birth, I reside at Enugu state.
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by yak(m): 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2021
MomentMan:

I wish to correct my date of birth, I reside at Enugu state.

Not sure the location of Enugu state Office is located.
Ụ will be required to provide all the documents that have your correct date of birth including but not limited to
Birth Certificate
Primary school certificate
Waec certificate
Voters Card etc.
Ụ will pay 15k for that Correction
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by MomentMan(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2021
yak:

Not sure the location of Enugu state Office is located.
Ụ will be required to provide all the documents that have your correct date of birth including but not limited to
Birth Certificate
Primary school certificate
Waec certificate
Voters Card etc.
Ụ will pay 15k for that Correction

Thanks alot
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Sherman198: 9:30pm On Oct 15, 2021
Please, any help? I want to pay and download the NIMC E-ID card on the NIMC app but they are not sending me OTP code.....I don't know why.....Someone said, my number is not linked with NIMC but I have NIN and my number shows on the app with *****. How can I resolve this issue?

1 Like

Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by yak(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2021
Sherman198:
Please, any help? I want to pay and download the NIMC E-ID card on the NIMC app but they are not sending me OTP code.....I don't know why.....Someone said, my number is not linked with NIMC but I have NIN and my number shows on the app with *****. How can I resolve this issue?

Visit any nimc office close to you (preferably a state head office) and request to check if your information is on the verification portal
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Boyyd: 5:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
yak:

Good evening bro

Please I have the same issue and I’ve been calling the number for like 3weeks now it keeps saying number busy
I don’t know what else to do..
Please help me bro
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Boyyd: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
yak:

So happy it worked.
Hello sir
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Boyyd: 5:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
yak:

I called during the official hours and i used another number still the same thing and please sir....
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by barryatunde: 5:11am On Aug 17, 2023
adebolaghdr:
Please house I am having problem on my NIN date of birth DOB needs modification . I need urgent help I want to use it for traveling
contact Dr Paul for help. He helped me to correct my NIN names mistake
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by Cyntiaolatu: 5:55am On Aug 28, 2023
sad sad
Re: NIN Verification Issue: MTN Can’t Verify My NIN by manoyelapo: 2:33am On Sep 12, 2023
barryatunde:
contact Dr Paul for help. He helped me to correct my NIN names mistake
ok very helpful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Best Under 15,000 Naira Smartphones In Nigeria / The New Blackberry Q3 / MTN Introduce Reveal Unknown Caller ID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.