Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad (64423 Views)

Naira Appreciation: Apostle Johnson Suleman Blasts Nigerians That Are Unhappy / Pastor Adeboye At RCCG Convention In 1987 (Throwback Photo) / Chris Oyakhilome When Christ Embassy Started In 1987(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by ahimedua: 10:55am On Jul 23, 2021
I refused moving to US in 1987 – Oyedepo blasts Nigerians suffering in foreign countries

Bishop David Oyedepo, founder and president of Living Faith Church Worldwide has revealed that he declined opportunity to relocate to the United States America, USA in 1987.

Speaking during a sermon in one of the church’s services, the world’s second richest pastor slammed Nigerians who are currently doing slavery jobs in some foreign countries.

According to the popular gospel preacher, many Nigerians in diaspora were meant to be employers of labour in Nigeria.

He said, “I had all the opportunity to be in the US in 1987 and move there permanently. I said ‘Jesus what are You saying? Do I have any regrets for not being there? Never.’

“Many are ordained to be employers of labour in this country. They’re jumping from job to job in another man’s country.

“Slavery kind of job because they won’t ask. Jumping about as if that’s a prize winner adventure.

“Everything is changing. You earn a degree in those days, you have to mention the country”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/07/23/i-refused-moving-to-us-in-1987-oyedepo-blasts-nigerians-suffering-in-foreign-countries/%3famp=1

49 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by adontcare(f): 10:58am On Jul 23, 2021
It is well with all and sundry

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Beloved247: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2021
We thank God

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by NoobWriter: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2021
if you have any articles or writings and you are looking for a writer to help write it then don't hesitate to quote me

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Aidejay(m): 11:07am On Jul 23, 2021
what he said is facts.

Modified: at least read and understand before you start insulting him or me.

167 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by judedwriter(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2021
Destiny fulfillment is only in God not in location.

345 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:20am On Jul 23, 2021
you dont want people to be slaves abroad but you rather they stay in Nigeria and be slaves to men like you, abi?!
narrow minded state of mind from people who only care about their own pockets... whether abroad or in Nigeria, people should look for their happiness wherever they desire, and so long as they aint doing anything wrong/illegal or against the law to care for their family, these fake men of god should be happy for these people instead of looking down on them.

these men always read the bible backwards in order that it fits their deluded agenda!!!

600 Likes 47 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by kingxsamz(m): 12:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
Who wouldn't want to stay in a country where one can open 100 churches in one area? undecided

438 Likes 37 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by CodeTemplar: 12:26pm On Jul 23, 2021
^^^
^^^
Haters will leave the people they elected and focus on God's elect. Your relationship with God's elect is mutual and voluntary so don't taik trash on this thread.

Buhari once said those who have another country can go if they want to and nobody talked rubbish.

47 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:43pm On Jul 23, 2021
I've had several opportunities to do so.

First one I was willing to go but then all of a sudden, I just found myself later rejecting the offer. I don't even know what really came over me then.

Another was when I had begun to walk at the level of the Spirit. It was in the early noughties when i was given an opportunity to relocate to Minnesota sometime in 2003, but I declined because by then my orientation had changed.

Although things weren't going fine, I had this strong belief that things would change, and that I was meant to be a part of the solution, so I just couldn't abandon Nigeria to go elsewhere, because I believed Nigeria needed me here.

At the time, I didn't know much about what i was doing, but over the years, I have come to realize that my decisions were actually Spirit-led, because I'm one of those that God planned to use to birth a new Nigeria He'd use to shake and shock the world, and let the world know that He's the Lord of all the Earth.

That's why when people see a hopeless situation, I see a huge opportunity for God. When people see chaos, i see the storm before a great calm. When people see a nation that cannot survive the present crises, i see a nation that would emerge from it the better. When people see a dead nation, I see a nation that would rise again, because I believe in God, and that which is impossible with men is possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

God bless.

140 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Gotam: 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
I've had several opportunities to do so.

First one I was willing to go but then all of a sudden, I just found myself later rejecting the offer. I don't even know what really came over me then.

Another was when I had begun to walk at the level of the Spirit. It was in the early noughties when i was given an opportunity to relocate to Minnesota sometime in 2003, but I declined because by then my orientation had changed.

Although things weren't going fine, I had this strong belief that things would change, and that I was meant to be a part of the solution, so I just couldn't abandon Nigeria to go elsewhere, because I believed Nigeria needed me here.

At the time, I didn't know much about what i was doing, but over the years, I have come to realize that my decisions were actually Spirit-led, because I'm one of those that God planned to use to birth a new Nigeria He'd use to shake and shock the world, and let the world know that He's the Lord of all the Earth.

That's why when people see a hopeless nation, I see a huge opportunity for God. When people see a nation that cannot survive the present crises, i see a nation that would emerge from it the better. When people see a dead nation, I see a nation that would rise again, because I believe in God, and that which is impossible with men is possible with God, for with God nothing shall be impossible.

God bless.
Thank God For your life sir

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by paxonel(m): 10:58pm On Jul 23, 2021
Come to think of it how many foreigners come to Nigeria the way Nigerians are migrating?

Who cause am?

15 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by desiredhome: 6:11am On Jul 24, 2021
Pulpit Bandits on the loose....
Defrauding their gullible members

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by desiredhome: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2021
paxonel:
Come to think of it how many foreigners come to Nigeria the way Nigerians are migrating?

Who cause am?
Na them cause am.....poverty and inferiority complex......
Nigerians have seen/made themselves slaves, so they can't reason/think for themselves.....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by paxonel(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2021
desiredhome:

Na them cause am.....poverty and inferiority complex......
Nigerians have seen/made themselves slaves, so they can't reason/think for themselves.....
very correct!

It's a problem of the mind, not necessarily because of the economic situation and lack of opportunities.

Our minds are skewed as a people due to lack of access to quality education.
Our schools are moribund for the few who have access to it
Our traditional institutions are flop.
To crown the confusion, religion(churches and mosques) are the ones now teaching the citizens personal values because the family has failed.
Churches and mosques are not adequate to take that role because all they want is quick money, not necessarily because they want to educate people of even the content of the bible and the Quran which should be their priority, therefore the minds of the people are skewed

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Broveens42(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2021
paxonel:
very correct!

It's a problem of the mind, not necessarily because of the economic situation and lack of opportunities.

Our minds are skewed as a people due to lack of access to quality education.
Our schools are moribund for the few who have access to it
Our traditional institutions are flop.
To crown the confusion, religion(churches and mosques) are the ones now teaching the citizens personal values because the family has failed.
Churches and mosques are not adequate to take that role because all they want is quick money, not necessarily because they want to educate people of even the content of the bible and the Quran which should be their priority, therefore the minds of the people are skewed

You're trying so hard to disagree of what you know already.

People migrate basically because of ECONOMY and human rights.

Education and all other factors are just a decoy for most people to travel out to experience the two factors I highlighted earlier.

Despite the advancement of China, a new documentary show that there is an increase migration of Chinese to the U S for greener pastures (using education as an easy way of escape).
Also savoring the free/human rights/Western life in U S and most European countries.

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Broveens42(m): 10:19am On Jul 24, 2021
Broveens42:

Education and all other factors are just a decoy for most people to travel out to experience the two factors I highlighted earlier.

Despite the advancement of China, a new documentary show that there is an increase migration of Chinese to the U S for greener pastures (using education as an easy way of escape).
Also savoring the free/human rights/Western life in U S and most European countries.

5 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Broveens42(m): 10:21am On Jul 24, 2021
So when someone says he refused to go to the U S in 1987 don't get carried away. Your question should be. What was Nigeria economy like then?
How much was the value of One dollar in naira?..
This pastor is becoming a comedian

grin

249 Likes 18 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by paxonel(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2021
Broveens42:

it doesn't dispute the fact that education of the citizenry is far better than migration and it's a better solution to economic set back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2021
If you refuse to immigrate to the US does it mean others should not go?

Abeg, rest your case, every body with his own cross

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 24, 2021
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Broveens42(m): 6:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
Nikeballer:
Clown......werey Sorosoke shebi tithes and offerings don dey reduce na with the way lots of naija don dey japa.....

You didn't move abroad cos Americans are not as gullible and ignorant as naija peeps wey dey find miracle up and down and your "ministry" wouldnt have been this big

Rather struggle and suffer in a working society with good infastructure and healthcare than this shithole country that thinks our problems/suffering will be solved in their religious gatherings after paying offering, tithes and donations to build schools that average nigerians can't afford....

Is this sacrifice form real? grin

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by chrisanderson99: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2021
If you want to do scalable business, stay in Nigeria.
If you want to build your career, move abroad and settle.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Fividi: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2021
Na wa oh
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2021
oyedepo=basket mouth.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by AntiChristian: 9:04am On Jul 25, 2021
Hmmm

How much is N38,000 in dollars now?

How much was it in 1987?

Hmmm!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by maximunimpact(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2021
grin
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Basicend: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2021
Cubana don finish. . I be like say na Oyedepo file Nigerians won open this week.

8 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by inoki247: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2021
ok
Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by candymeka: 9:05am On Jul 25, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by omoyankee3(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2021
1987 ≠ 2021

12 Likes

Re: I Refused Moving To US In 1987 – Oyedepo Blasts Nigerians Suffering Abroad by Depot(m): 9:05am On Jul 25, 2021
I no dey go pastor church simply because church fund is way too big for one man and his family to manage .

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Jesus Is Trending Today / "I Held Meetings With Snakes..." - Peterside Idah, ex-Eagles Goalkeeper! / "David's Mother Was A Harlot" - Apostle Suleman. Funmi Iyanda & Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.