Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,258 members, 7,846,183 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump (1002 Views)

Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / Highlander 2006 Model, Gear Not Changing After Changing Shaft / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 2:47pm On Jul 23, 2021
My camry 2004 water pump is making noise and my mechanic said it need replacement.
So I bought a water pump 5000 and he fix it.
We pour a new coolant.
We start the car and I noticed the temperature Guage is rising very fast.
It was Not like that before I change the water pump.
I still plan to test drive later in the day
Please What could be the likely problem...
Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by autologic: 2:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Proxyhandsome:
My camry 2004 water pump is making noise and my mechanic said it need replacement.
So I bought a water pump 5000 and he fix it.
We pour a new coolant.
We start the car and I noticed the temperature Guage is rising very fast.
It was like that before I change the water pump.
I still plan to test drive later in the day
Please What could be the likely problem...
If you still have the problem of overheating before changing the water pump and the issue still persist then the root of the problem has not been fished out .
Diagnosing overheating has it own procedure , start by looking for technician with cooling system pressure tester to check for internal and external leak .

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 3:18pm On Jul 23, 2021
autologic:

If you still have the problem of overheating before changing the water pump and the issue still persist then the root of the problem has not been fished out .
Diagnosing overheating has it own procedure , start by looking for technician with cooling system pressure tester to check for internal and external leak .

It was Not overheating before I replace it.
It started after replacing
Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Kingdemu: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2021
Proxyhandsome:

It was Not overheating before I replace it.
It started after replacing
So why did you replace it?

1 Like

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Dozieson(m): 4:40pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kingdemu:

Exactly. Then the new water pump is fake or faulty

1 Like

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2021
Kingdemu:

I replaced it because it was making a loud noise.
No more noise now and this is the current temperature level after driving for 15 minutes

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 5:54pm On Jul 23, 2021
Dozieson:

Exactly. Then the new water pump is fake or faulty

After driving for 15 minutes... This is the temperature level..
Is this normal

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by okoroemeka(m): 6:00pm On Jul 23, 2021
Proxyhandsome:

Is this normal
it is not normal for 15 minutes drive,some cars require that the cooling system is bleed to remove air pockets after such work,it is obvious your kazeem don't know that.my car don't even reach that temperature level after 3-4 hrs firing.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by MARKone(m): 6:02pm On Jul 23, 2021
Proxyhandsome:

Is this normal

That's normal, if it doesn't go above this after continues drive, then you have nothing to worry about .

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2021
Thanks to everyone that share their view..
More comment is needed
Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by AutoMoTech(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2021
Proxyhandsome:
Thanks to everyone that share their view..
More comment is needed
test for a while....

for a non-compromised cooling system that is very normal. as suggested drive longer distance band monitor it to see.

if it goes higher than that then you should find the problem. but I know the temperature getting half-way is very normal

6 Likes

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 9:57pm On Jul 23, 2021
AutoMoTech:

test for a while....

for a non-compromised cooling system that is very normal. as suggested drive longer distance band monitor it to see.

if it goes higher than that then you should find the problem. but I know the temperature getting half-way is very normal

Thank you
Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by Proxyhandsome: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2021
So... I bleed the radiotor this morning myself after watching some tutorial on YouTube.. To ensure I get 100% result ...
I also test drive for longer minutes and I can proudly say that the car cooling system is now back to factory setting.
Thanks to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by AutoMoTech(m): 1:29pm On Jul 24, 2021
congratulations...
Re: Camry 2004 Overheating After Changing Water Pump by okoroemeka(m): 5:37am On Jul 25, 2021
Proxyhandsome:
So... I bleed the radiotor this morning myself after watching some tutorial on YouTube.. To ensure I get 100% result ...
I also test drive for longer minutes and I can proudly say that the car cooling system is now back to factory setting.
Thanks to everyone.
be careful about overheating in big daddy Camry due to the aluminium block,the top cylinder bolts tend to strip away the threads if been loosed due to a serious overheating thatt burnt the top gasket,I have seen a simple overheating that burnt top gasket degenerate to changing the engine,after the top cylinder bolts cannot tight again,even after rethreading the block the problem still persisted,the op is smart to pick the cue to bleed the system,if he will stand on a traffic jam for 10-15 minutes or more with ac blowing then he will understand the true meaning of overheating

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nissan 2004 Pathfinder Fuel Pump Issue / In Need Of New Plate Number / Truck Accident At George Walker Bush Way (Accra, Ghana)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.