Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder (1062 Views)

When Did You Know You Were Loved At Home? / How To Get Your Kids On A Sleep Routine / Who Else Has this Personality Disorder: What is the Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder by Y4all: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2021
Sleep disorders are sleep problems that change the way you sleep and reduce the quality of sleep you get. A Sleep disorder can have a devastating effect on your health, career, relationships, safety and overall wellbeing. Imagine snoozing off while driving or at work because of your inability to fall asleep or stay asleep during the night. The most common sleep disorders are insomnia and sleep apnea which could result in severe sleep deprivation or sleep loss. A poor night's sleep can mean all the difference between good health and a bad one. Meanwhile, quality sleep is a basis for optimal health. Catching the right amount of sleep for your age will help you wake up fully restored and ready to take your day. Here are common signs you need to know you have a sleep disorder and should seek help

HOW TO KNOW YOU HAVE A SLEEP DISORDER

You snore loudly

If you frequently snore loudly, experience irregular breathing or choke while sleeping, you may have to visit your physician for evaluation. Many people suffer from snoring, while some of these people are primary snorers, there are people who snore as a result of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is apparent when you experience abnormal patterns in your breathing. This results in loud frequent snoring.

Struggle Falling/Staying asleep

It is not normal to struggle with falling asleep and remaining asleep. So, if you experience difficulty falling asleep and if eventually asleep constantly toss and turn, then there are chances you are suffering from insomnia

Daytime Sleepiness

Feeling sleepy during the day is a sign of sleep deficiency which could be a result of a sleep disorder. Some people suddenly fall asleep at odd times such as while driving or in a formal meeting. Do not let this condition thrive and ruin your health and safety, get help today.

Irregular sleep and wake time

Our bodies tend to maintain a consistent sleep pattern. This accounts for the reason we feel sleepy at the same time each night and wake up at the same time in the mornings even without an alarm. However, if you begin to experience a fluctuation in your bed and wake up time then it could be a sign of a sleep disorder. This means you either sleep too late or earlier or wake up earlier or later than usual.

RECOMMENDED READING

http://www.wincofoam.com/warning-do-not-use-an-orthopaedic-mattress-until-you-read-this/

http://www.wincofoam.com/where-to-swap-your-old-mattress-for-a-brand-new-one-in-nigeria/

http://www.wincofoam.com/how-poor-sleep-habits-may-increase-your-risk-of-dementia-2/

SOURCE: https://www.wincofoam.com/

Re: How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder by Mryacks: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2021
Y4all:
Sleep disorders are sleep problems that change the way you sleep and reduce the quality of sleep you get. A Sleep disorder can have a devastating effect on your health, career, relationships, safety and overall wellbeing. Imagine snoozing off while driving or at work because of your inability to fall asleep or stay asleep during the night. The most common sleep disorders are insomnia and sleep apnea which could result in severe sleep deprivation or sleep loss. A poor night's sleep can mean all the difference between good health and a bad one. Meanwhile, quality sleep is a basis for optimal health. Catching the right amount of sleep for your age will help you wake up fully restored and ready to take your day. Here are common signs you need to know you have a sleep disorder and should seek help

HOW TO KNOW YOU HAVE A SLEEP DISORDER

You snore loudly

If you frequently snore loudly, experience irregular breathing or choke while sleeping, you may have to visit your physician for evaluation. Many people suffer from snoring, while some of these people are primary snorers, there are people who snore as a result of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is apparent when you experience abnormal patterns in your breathing. This results in loud frequent snoring.

Struggle Falling/Staying asleep

It is not normal to struggle with falling asleep and remaining asleep. So, if you experience difficulty falling asleep and if eventually asleep constantly toss and turn, then there are chances you are suffering from insomnia

Daytime Sleepiness

Feeling sleepy during the day is a sign of sleep deficiency which could be a result of a sleep disorder. Some people suddenly fall asleep at odd times such as while driving or in a formal meeting. Do not let this condition thrive and ruin your health and safety, get help today.

Irregular sleep and wake time

Our bodies tend to maintain a consistent sleep pattern. This accounts for the reason we feel sleepy at the same time each night and wake up at the same time in the mornings even without an alarm. However, if you begin to experience a fluctuation in your bed and wake up time then it could be a sign of a sleep disorder. This means you either sleep too late or earlier or wake up earlier or later than usual.

RECOMMENDED READING

http://www.wincofoam.com/warning-do-not-use-an-orthopaedic-mattress-until-you-read-this/

http://www.wincofoam.com/where-to-swap-your-old-mattress-for-a-brand-new-one-in-nigeria/

http://www.wincofoam.com/how-poor-sleep-habits-may-increase-your-risk-of-dementia-2/

SOURCE: https://www.wincofoam.com/

Interesting ...
Re: How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder by Y4all: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2021
Mryacks:

Interesting ...

Thanks
Re: How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder by Lonelypacifist6: 1:49am On Jul 25, 2021
Thank you for this, this thread is for me as it is now It's 1:48am and I haven't slept. And when I do, my sleep cycle is incomplete not up to the required 8 hours.
Re: How To Know You Have A Sleep Disorder by Y4all: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2021
Lonelypacifist6:
Thank you for this, this thread is for me as it is now It's 1:48 am and I haven't slept. And when I do, my sleep cycle is incomplete not up to the required 8 hours.

You are welcome. I guess there are things you do that disrupts your sleep cycle:

Do you expose yourself to light; Phone light, TV light or even the light in your room before bedtime? If you stop it ASAP. keep your phone away 2 hours before bedtime. These light send daytime signals to your brain that makes you more alert than drowsy.

Maintain a cool room temperature. You can drift easily to dreamland if your sleep environment is cool compare to a hot room

Have a refreshing shower, do not go to bed each time without bathing. Bathing helps relax the body, making you sleep easily.

You can engage in whatsoever art that can help you doze off: read a book, listen to soothing music etc. Anything that helps your body relax.

Check your mattress, sometimes your mattress might just be the culprit. Do you frequently toss and turn on your mattress, is your mattress sagging, does your mattress suit your body. If you are not comfortable on your mattress then get a new one

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Wished For Death... Still I'm Alive / Men Over To You / Kate Henshaw And Shade Ladipo (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.