Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,180 members, 7,849,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:53 AM

Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? (422 Views)

Do Intending Christian Couples Really Hear From God Before Getting Married? / Abimbola Adunni Adelakun: Father Mbaka Did NOT Hear From God / Do Christians Truly Believe In Heaven? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by OneMarvee(f): 1:35am On Jul 25, 2021
On the topic of getting married or accepting a proposal from a brother. Many Christians often claim to "Hear from God" about their spouse and future partner. They say things like "The Lord told me you are my wife" or "God is leading me to you" or a Christian sister receiving a confirmation from God.

Of course we should seek God's face and approval for an intending spouse, but the interesting part of it, is when God says "Yes" and the Proposal or Marriage goes sour.
I read an Instagram post that talked about this same topic, and the OP said that if God says "YES", and the relationship/courtship doesn't work out, it simply means that God has changed his plans for you or the person God ordained for you has diverted from God's plan for you.

But wait, do Christians stop to think that personal interests might have been involved, physical attractiveness or financial status. What if it were those things that said "Yes" and not God as you claim. God is perfect, he makes no mistake. His promises are Yes and Amen!
And what if it was you! yes you might have diverted from God's plan.

It even amazes me how people are so sure that they "heard" from God, like really? You are so sure you did? and he said "Yes" and the plan fails then suddenly your faith is shaken. I find that people always find a way to shift blames when things go wrong, even if it is just between them and God.

Anyone with a deeper understanding of this topic should shed some light.

Shower thoughts with OneMarvee- S1E5

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by cRobo: 1:40am On Jul 25, 2021
Not even the so called Prophet or pastor hear anything

Its just their personal deep conviction

Maybe a dream nothing else
Do not be deceived

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Iyiataata92: 1:50am On Jul 25, 2021
No matter which voice you hear, whether na God's voice or the voice of your ancestors, no marriage is perfect and that's the best advice any of those voices can give you.

Enjoy your marriage when it's sweet and hold unto it together when it becomes less sweet

3 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Kobojunkie: 2:36am On Jul 25, 2021
OneMarvee:
On the topic of getting married or accepting a proposal from a brother. Many Christians often claim to "Hear from God" about their spouse and future partner. They say things like "The Lord told me you are my wife" or "God is leading me to you" or a Christian sister receiving a confirmation from God.

Of course we should seek God's face and approval for an intending spouse, but the interesting part of it, is when God says "Yes" and the Proposal or Marriage goes sour.

I read an Instagram post that talked about this same topic, and the OP said that if God says "YES", and the relationship/courtship doesn't work out, it simply means that God has changed his plans for you or the person God ordained for you has diverted from God's plan for you.

But wait, do Christians stop to think that personal interests might have been involved, physical attractiveness or financial status. What if it were those things that said "Yes" and not God as you claim. God is perfect, he makes no mistake. His promises are Yes and Amen!

And what if it was you! yes you might have diverted from God's plan.
First and foremost, God is not a man that He should lies, neither the son of man that He should change His mind. What I say this to mean is those who claim God changed His mind are liars. No one who knows God will say that God's mind changes. undecided

Second,you will find your answer in the fact that the relationship break rate among Christians is no different from that of none Christians. A good percentage of those who claim God said this or that hear instead their own hormones and bodies speaking their hearts intentions , and not God. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
First and foremost, God is not a man that He should lies, neither the son of man that He should change His mind. What I say this to mean is those who claim God changed His mind are liars. No one who knows God will say that God's mind changes. undecided

Second,you will find your answer in the fact that the relationship break rate among Christians is no different from that of none Christians. A good percentage of those who claim God said this or that hear instead their own hormones and bodies speaking their hearts intentions , and not God. undecided

Can you help me to find people that need online Maths tutorials or anything like that
Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Karlovych: 3:16am On Jul 25, 2021
No they don't, their hormones and in some cases financial situation play a part in such decisions

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Jones4190(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2021
God is no longer in the business of giving people wife That is why the scripture says " He who find a wife find a good thing and will receive favour from God"
Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08am On Jul 25, 2021
Are you Close to God that you should hear from Him?
Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by edoairways: 9:29am On Jul 25, 2021
Iyiataata92 has answered your query. Whether you marry as a Christian or not, the issues of marriage will arise. Marriage is the joining of two persons with different characters and attitudes.
@OneMarvee

1 Like

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by OneMarvee(f): 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
I totally agree with you on this. Christians sometimes believe in that special someone sent from God. It has to be that one person.
I personally don't believe in the popular saying that "There is a man for every woman".
I believe there could be 5 suitable men for 1 woman and there could be none.
Kobojunkie:

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Kobojunkie: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Can you help me to find people that need online Maths tutorials or anything like that
College was a long time ago for me, sorry. undecided
Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2021
OneMarvee:
I[b] totally agree with you on this. Christians sometimes believe in that special someone sent from God. It has to be that one person. [/b]
I personally don't believe in the popular saying that "There is a man for every woman".
I believe there could be 5 suitable men for 1 woman and there could be none.
They believe it because their Mogs have decieved them into believing it so for them, using such examples as the story of Adam, the only man in the Bible for whom God made a special spouse. undecided

But, why did God do that in Adam's case alone? Because, as He, God, explained, Adam was alone - the only human alive at the time and so needed not just any companion but a one that was a perfect fit to who Adam was, and that was who Eve was. Adam's very own custom-made mate. undecided

God does point people inthe right direction even when seeking a mate but the question ought to be instead how many people actually still hear from God? undecided
Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by OneMarvee(f): 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
Wrong thread bro, try education.
HellVictorinho:

Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2021
HellVictorinho:

Drop your WhatsApp number (not here) work on your dress code and attached your pics with your profile, then PM me through email.
Let's see how we can be of help to one another! smiley
Re: Do Christians Truly Hear From God Concerning Marriage Proposals? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Drop your WhatsApp number (not here) work on your dress code and attached your pics with your profile, then PM me through email.
et's see how we can be of help to one another! smiley

Send a message to 09093543781

My head is on fire!!!!!!

It's do or die!!!!!

If you can't help me,say it!!!!

(1) (Reply)

“A Christian Woman Who Likes Wearing High Heel Shoes Is Married To The World” / Discipleship Relationship. / Records Of Tithes, Seeds And Offerings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.