Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? (1230 Views)

Male Caterer Robbed, Raped, Arrested And Jailed In Lagos / Girl Who Wrongly Accused A Man Of Stealing Her Pants Beaten, Paraded By Mob / 9-year-old Black Boy Wrongly Accused Of Sexual Assault By A White Woman (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 25, 2021
On the 16 December 2017 I was accused of raping 4 young kids from my street . I was beaten up and embarrassed in public by people I grew up in front of , My very own NEIGHBOURS. I went to jail January 2018 . I went through trial for a year for something I never did... I was taken out from school near other school kids and straight to jail .

After I was arrested those families came only a few times in court . They kept on delaying my freedom , my education , A Bond with my single mother , a chance at a bright future. They never came to court for more than 3 times . I was always told 'remaining in custody for further investigation' , waiting for the so called 'Victims or Witnesses' . They never came ! I was released 2019 February bieng told there is no case /case withdrawn .

I went home only to find my MOTHER very sick . I only spent 2 days with her after I was released and She passed on�, tried to get back to school ...but no one wants to school/Teach a rapist so i couldn't finish up my grade11 and Matric . I have 2 siblings to take care of . I don't have qualifications... I don't have a job .

I see the families who got me arrested every single day , They smile at me , They talk to me as if nothing happened . Im so young 23 years of age I have so much anger in me . I live of my friends houses , I feel so useless . What can I do regarding this case ?

Response:

The fact that the victim's parents and the investigation police team refused to provide the necessary evidence or show up in court means they weren't sure of their accusation from the beginning.

The police caused you more damage by charging the matter to court without conduction a proper investigation.

There is no iota of doubt that their negligence caused you more harm than they could have anticipated. One reason I frown at media trials is because of the irreparable damage it will cause the accused. It leaves a lasting impression on the mind of the public that the accused committed the offence. And members of the public won't avert their minds to the fact that it is only a law court that has the power to make such pronouncements.

The fact that you were incarcerated for a while will most definitely make them believe that you were in jail because you were found guilty, which is not the case.

Ordinarily, this ought not to be the case since you were discharged for lack of diligent prosecution. But the truth is that people will avoid you thinking you are an ex-convict and a sexual predator.

I think you should engage a lawyer to help you investigate if it was the parents of the supposed victims that requested that the matter should be charged to court against police advice. If this is the case, you have an action in malicious prosecution. In the absence of this, your only respite might be to file an action for defamation of character against the parents of the alleged victims

I sympathise with you for the challenges you are going through, and I wish you a quick psychological recovery.

But I must point out that there are also loopholes in your story that might suggest you only got out due to lack of diligent prosecution and not because you didn't commit the offence.

So ensure you are telling the truth before taking any legal action. Otherwise, you might find yourself in jail for a longer period this time they reopen your case.

Credit: The free legal advice group

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Halle000: 10:49am On Jul 25, 2021
My advice:-

The deed has being done already therefore you need to forgive the accuser now and you need to move on with your life so that unforgiving spirt will not keep you in boundage.

Just let it go and use it as a lesson learned to better your life, to forget anything about hte opposite sex and work on yourself as a revenge come back.

I have seen people waiting for God to revenge for them and punish people that causes them pain but they themselve keep roamimg, waiting , praying and ganishing in pain when the people keep doing well without any consequences for their actions toward you.

Vengeance is of the lord. please forgive now and promise yourself a better version of you....then that's the true revenge and pay back

Good luck

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Ammishaddai: 10:57am On Jul 25, 2021
OP, I'll advise that you take this matter before a competent court and seek justice for yourself. Because this is defamation of character, and it has a way of damaging the self-confidence of an individual. Your accusers have done something that God Himself frowns on and they must be made to face the wrath of the law. And anybody asking you for forgiveness, should ask God for first, before coming to you. But make sure you give no sleep to your eyelids until your image and name is vindicated

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 25, 2021
My brother, all the accusers know you are innocent, same with the police, and the public. The public are aware that your accusers couldn't go to court, since you didn't do what they accused you of. I suggest o, that you meet lawyer, who will take up d case. There are many of them who will fight to d last, till damages are paid.... Public know of your innocence though. That's what counts

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2021
Ammishaddai:
OP, I'll advise that you take this matter before a competent court and seek justice for yourself. Because this is defamation of character, and it has a way of damaging the self-confidence of an individual. Your accusers have done something that God Himself frowns on and they must be made to face the wrath of the law. And anybody asking you for forgiveness, should ask God for first, before coming to you. But make sure you give no sleep to your eyelids until your image and name is vindicated
taking the matter to court will cost him money and from the way he sound he doesn't have means to fund court case. let him go out to a very lonely place at 1am in the night holding water and sand, he should speak to the water and sand and cry from the bottom of his heart, let tears flow from his eyes, then he should sprinkle the water and sand in the air and place a curse on his accusers, If He is truly innocent of what he was accused of, as long as they eat food produce by the soil of that land and drink water gotten from the grand of that land, walahi nothing on earth can save those people from that curse.
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Chloraseptic: 11:32am On Jul 25, 2021
You were already moving on with your life in jail.

Moving on with your life now after regaining freedom is just an icing on the cake..

Freedom is Life
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Ahmback(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2021
I feel for you .
This same issue has made many promising young man commit suicide, because they can't live with the shame and stigmatization afterwards.
It's pathetic

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Ammishaddai: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2021
mysticwarrior:
taking the matter to court will cost him money and from the way he sound he doesn't have means to fund court case. let him go out to a very lonely place at 1am in the night holding water and sand, he should speak to the water and sand and cry from the bottom of his heart, let tears flow from his eyes, then he should sprinkle the water and sand in the air and place a curse on his accusers, If He is truly innocent of what he was accused of, as long as they eat food produce by the soil of that land and drink water gotten from the grand of that land, walahi nothing on earth can save those people from that curse.
There are alot of human-right lawyers and many of them may be willing to take his case "Pro bono" so let him start from there. Folding his hands just like that is serious injustice to his person and state of mind. Biko

1 Like

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by TarOrfeeek: 11:51am On Jul 25, 2021
You have to go back and actually rape those kids.

By now they must have attained the age of consent.

And most of them are already olosho. So nothing spoil.

But wear condom, make belle no enter am.

Na me go personally arrest you.
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2021
Litigator,why can't there be a jail term for false rape accusations? This story almost moved me to tears. I don't buy that defamation bullshît, false rape accusation should be punishable by jail term and financial fines just like rape.

I keep saying it that the day any idiot will falsely accuse me of something as serious as rape, I'll kill her and kill myself. Let's move to the great beyond together since I would likely not get the kind of justice I deserve even if she's proven to be wrong.

The Nigerian police force is also useless. Why keep people in jail for that long without empirical evidence? One of the reasons I was glad when they were being killed like chickens in the SE and SS few months ago by unknown gunmen. I'll never feel an iota of pity for any security official killed in this country because all of them are useless.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Emocruize(m): 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This is Nigeria
it'll just be a waste of time and money

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Ammishaddai: 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
Emocruize:

This is Nigeria
it'll just be a waste of time and money
There's no harm in trying.
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by RadioMOUTH(m): 2:07pm On Jul 25, 2021

Seek justice for the lifetime damage if you're indeed innocent ❗

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by ubola: 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
3minssex:
Litigator,why can't there be a jail term for false rape accusations? This story almost moved me to tears. I don't buy that defamation bullshît, false rape accusation should be punishable by jail term and financial fines just like rape.

I keep saying it that the day any idiot will falsely accuse me of something as serious as rape, I'll kill her and kill myself. Let's move to the great beyond together since I would likely not get the kind of justice I deserve even if she's proven to be wrong.

The Nigerian police force is also useless. Why keep people in jail for that long without empirical evidence? One of the reasons I was glad when they were being killed like chickens in the SE and SS few months ago by unknown gunmen. I'll never feel an iota of pity for any security official killed in this country because all of them are useless.
How will you kill her when you are already in Awaiting-Trial custody. Pray it shouldn't happen to you, cos you'll do nothing than try to defend and appeal to pity. The public will quickly back the girl's claim.
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
shocked
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Plut01: 4:10pm On Jul 25, 2021

Reading this story, I would say the time for seeking justice is not now!

But wait, how on earth were you accused of raping 4 kids. If it was one, I would say maybe someone just hates you but four? I'm afraid you 'might' not really be innocent.

If you're however innocent, please change environment, build yourself up and get to the social or financial stage or better than your accusers. When you reach this stage, carefully chart your mode of revenge and melt it on them one after the other in such a way their third generation will remember.

Revenge belongs to human, forgiveness belongs to the Almighty.

I repeat, change environment even if it means leaving your brothers alone, after all, you have been alone before and they didn't die. Plan your life in that your friend place, do some hard work that can fetch you some money and go out of that area to fully face your demon.........Why surfing this waves of life, Always remember you have scores to settle.

Shalom

Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by paulolee(m): 4:11pm On Jul 25, 2021
they say let by gone be by gone bt for this kain case, I go buy gun
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2021
paulolee:
they say let by gone be by gone bt for this kain case, I go buy gun

Gun ke

How will you get a license?
Re: How Do I Move On With My Life After Been Wrongly Accused And Jailed For Rape? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2021
ubola:
How will you kill her when you are already in Awaiting-Trial custody. Pray it shouldn't happen to you, cos you'll do nothing than try to defend and appeal to pity. The public will quickly back the girl's claim.

Immediately you get accused you'll be in awaiting-trial custody?
You don't sound smart.

(1) (Reply)

Boluwaji Ni Ibadan / Suspected Assassins Storm Edo Church, Shot Pastor And His Wife (video) / Woman Caught With Narcotics Stuffed In Private Part

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.