Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years (13094 Views)

FRSC Officer Returns Money Recovered From Accident Victim (photo) / Stolen Baby From Living Faith Church Goshen Recovered After 2 Weeks In Akwa Ibom / Policeman Returns N150,000 Recovered From Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Natasha2(f): 7:32pm On May 14, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked duh after 36 years? undecided wetin you wan carry the car do again?
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by ovo4u(m): 7:42pm On May 14, 2011
wat da f***k grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by tim007: 7:57pm On May 14, 2011
that is a credit on the side of the police because if it was to be some country, say Nigeria dat will be the end of the car.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by princeonx: 8:01pm On May 14, 2011
Natasha,,:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked duh after 36 years? undecided wetin you wan carry the car do again?

Haba? someone said the car is sexy! on the previous page and you dey ask watin them go take am do by the way cars like that cost a lot here because they are historic cars
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:09pm On May 14, 2011
wow, i feel for nigeria police
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by tim007: 8:16pm On May 14, 2011
dat's a credit on the part of the police because if it was Nigeria, dat will be the end of dat car.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by omega25red(m): 8:26pm On May 14, 2011
i heard this story weeks ago and i was jealous because that woman is lucky they found that car. those cars today are worth thousands of dollars which means she just fell into money
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Ekpoma1: 8:46pm On May 14, 2011
I doubt this story.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 14, 2011
seen 2 instances of ignoance by someone
chibest5:

These people that call their  selves Western world or whatever are busy making us feel like poo by inserting what they feel we should know in our head and we are busy believing them and clapping for them, discovery my backside. that was how they say the oldest man in the world is 114 years when i have grand ma that is over 120 years, to hell with their lies. believe whatever lie they tell you but count me out.

Must everything be a war btw cultures?dont you know in all your mighty ignorance that this is just a sign of how a police system should be run??36ys after the disappearance of a car,they find it but you come out and say they are brainwashing yopu.I guess the ipad and ipone and droids,speed rails,and most modern tech is fake too
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 14, 2011
Ekpoma1:

I doubt this story.
do you know how many cold cases get solved every year and by a cold case i mean one that has gone unsolved for 15,20,30 upwards years
new tech new clues to old cases.and also did you not read where it says someone initially brought the attention of the police into it,if that guy never did,the car would have never been found
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by sdot4(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2011
if it was in Nigeria the car would av gone as spare parts.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 14, 2011
chibest5:

These people that call their  selves Western world or whatever are busy making us feel like poo by inserting what they feel we should know in our head and we are busy believing them and clapping for them, discovery my backside. that was how they say the oldest man in the world is 114 years when i have grand ma that is over 120 years, to hell with their lies. believe whatever lie they tell you but count me out.

You sound really bitter. Don't you feel this is the sort of police force the NPF should emulate? Here you are, trying to apply a racist twist to an otherwise interesting thread. I presume as all Western influence ares bad, you don't drive a car, own a mobile phone, own a camera etc.

Sometimes it's best not to comment, if you can't read, comprehend and make positive comments about what your mind has digested.

@ topic: I'm impressed! Love muscle cars, which is what this one has been turned into. Brilliant policing, excellent record-keeping.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by lekside44(m): 10:03pm On May 14, 2011
well, the technology then makes tracking of stolen car very difficult. now from my bed. even your phones and ipad can be tracked using gps systems inbuilt in them. in nigeria, we need a very good database system and our police should be provided with computer system with internet service so that they can link to the police command server and get information about any car they stopped at a checkpoint using its plate no, chasis no
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by bikokwe(m): 10:11pm On May 14, 2011
NA today.corrupt police officers wil even sell the computers and say they were stolen.I tell if na niger,dat stolen car would have been found with a police officer if at all it will be of course datz impossible
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Ekpoma1: 10:21pm On May 14, 2011
milehigh06:

do you know how many cold cases get solved every year and by a cold case i mean one that has gone unsolved for 15,20,30 upwards years
new tech new clues to old cases.and also did you not read where it says someone initially brought the attention of the police into it,if that guy never did,the car would have never been found
Mr man what are you saying. 36 years old car should have been wear off. Even if they have parked it down in one place, it would still have been depreciated. Come on peeps if you could believe this super story, then u can believe anything. 36yrs? Haba! Abegi nxt person pls.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 14, 2011
We dey talk say stolen car for naija can't be found unless by the intervention of God , one person dey talk D-Tech car tracker. I pray say make dem no steal your car come carry am go Owode onirin , na dat D-Tech dem go first auction off before dem pieces your car. D-Tech ko Y-Science ni.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by okgerald(m): 11:27pm On May 14, 2011
Chei, give the guy encouragement na, you mean say dem go sell D̶̲̥̅̊ tracker? Na wa o. Any wayz we pray Niger gets there some day,
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 14, 2011
and the car can still run?
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by umarloko(m): 12:31am On May 15, 2011
good 4 d owner
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by princeonx: 1:13am On May 15, 2011
Ekpoma1:
 Mr man what are you saying. 36 years old car should have been wear off. Even if they have parked it down in one place, it would still have been depreciated. Come on peeps if you could believe this super story, then u can believe anything. 36yrs? Haba! Abegi nxt person pls.
Bros abeg no disrespect where you live? because road fine here well well and 1930, 1940, 1950 historic cars still dey road oh! you mostly see them in the summer. Which year do you think the car used for the Royal Wedding is? That was the Queen's 1977 Rolls Royce and they have some that are 10, 20 years older.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Dsense(m): 1:52am On May 15, 2011
OP.

They found the car way long but, the police (IG) used it for years, only to reveal they have found the car after years grin grin
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by sojimade(m): 1:58am On May 15, 2011
In Nigeria, i car that is stolen for just 36 hrs is gone for good and for life, /lol
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Tunsbobo(m): 2:02am On May 15, 2011
An irrelevant recovery and a total waste of time
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 2:04am On May 15, 2011
Ekpoma1:

OHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYY,you just gave Nigerians all over the world a totally bad reputation,have you never heard of preservation methods?what of restoration methodsna wah oooooooooooo! foreigner go read your comment alone go think say na so everybody for naija dunce.no wonder wen i first reach here dem ask me if we get roads,cab drivers and co.lol.back to topic,u think all the seismic created holes on Nigerian roads go make your car last 3 months not to talk of 1yr?you know the kine shame wey dey cover me when my wife(not naija,loves naija movies like anything(sees herself more of an african than African American) dey ask me why most of the raods wey she dey see for the movies be like suicide bomb victims and then u see magnificent houses right by those craters.
Omo no dey shame us o.expand your horizon,learn about other cultures and then maybe you will realise that you can actually talk and see people from other parts of the world at the same time
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 2:06am On May 15, 2011
Tunsbobo:

not to the owner of the car
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by omega25red(m): 3:04am On May 15, 2011
http://www.chevyhardcore.com/news/classic-68-camaro-returned-to-owner-after-36-years/

look at the car here and if you think its a waste of time google 69 camero price and see more than your yearly salary
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by obuahenry(m): 3:07am On May 15, 2011
its a miracle and at the same a goodluck to the original onwer
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by princeonx: 4:13am On May 15, 2011
Tunsbobo:

If only you know the value of that car now especially with all this publicity
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by kabukabu50(m): 6:33am On May 15, 2011
Tunsbobo:

What a totally assinine comment undecided undecided,you probably know next to nothing about the values of collectible and classics at all grin
Dunce.

These classic muscle cars are worth a lot these days,matter of fact its literally a billion dollar industry that caters for the owners and enthusiasts out there who seek to restore ,repair and aquire such timeless cars as these.

Most of the muscle cars were sold at under 10k when bought now many are worth $50,000 or more,and even some of the rare of the rarest have sold up to and over $100,000.You probably have never been to a classic car auction have you?

The fact that this is a 1969 model which is one of the most prized muscle cars out there,being stolen and recovered now,it has literaly quadrupled its worth.

Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by werepeLeri: 7:26am On May 15, 2011
Who are these folks who keep repeating if it were in Nigeria? America is light years ahead of Nigeria, we know that. So, save your breathe. That doesnt mean the Nigerian Police should be disparaged just because America told your empty heads that they found a car lost after 36 years.

Who told you it was the police that found it? It was a mere citizen who was observant enough. If it was a Nigerian, what would he have done? He would have obliterated every fact and keep the car to himself, or even sell it double how much he bought it even knowing it was a stolen car. How many of you handle stolen items daily and you come here to blame every other person in the system but fail to blame yourself.

Mind you, not every car stolen in America gets recovered. If they were that great, the car would probably have been recovered the next day, not after 36 years.

Some of you can eat shi iit for America.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Solozzo(m): 8:26am On May 15, 2011
@werepeter.
Absolutely right! But the issue is good police recording which helped to trace the original car owner, is the keystone of the story here. Also interesting is the preservation of the car with a higher value today than when stolen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Your Zodiac Sign Says About You! / Lies We Have Told Our Parents / Certified Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.