Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,523 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years (13093 Views)

FRSC Officer Returns Money Recovered From Accident Victim (photo) / Stolen Baby From Living Faith Church Goshen Recovered After 2 Weeks In Akwa Ibom / Policeman Returns N150,000 Recovered From Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by donobi(m): 8:34am On May 15, 2011
Some of u keep condenming Nigeria police, how do u expect Nigeria police to perform when they are poorly funded, go on strike for non payment of their salaries, have no accomodation over his/her head, buys his/her uniform and shoes, they are giving a rickety car to work and use it to fight crime in a society where crime is high, go to their stations they hadly have electricity to work at the station, when they are on patrol only one of them is giving a gun with one bullet inside and the rest is giving batton to combat highly sorphisticated criminals,they are not I.T oriented their problems is much but to mention a few of them. U can not compare them with their counterpart in western world where things work very well and they have everything they demand for. Some Nigeria police that have gone out for over seas training perform very well why because everything they needed is provided. Bring the America police to come and work in Nigeria and see if they ill recover a bicycle. Let the Nigeria police grow. Comparerism is out of it.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 8:36am On May 15, 2011
@werepeLeri.
Nawa o, au some pple dey tnk self? Common citizen found d car, fine nd gud. Bt d police, tru dere excelent record keepng traced d car t d lady, took pain t call her. Oh my God, she hanged up on them(tnk f ts nigeria police!), bt they still traced her t her address! Gosh, afta 36yrs they still have her residential adress and they took all pains t make sure her car was brot to her.
Im nt try to ridicule NPF, bt we have a long way to go. Durng the post election violence in Azare, Bauchi state, a fully stocked electronic shop belongng t a young ibo guy and a big bookshop belongng t an elderly yorubaman were looted and burnt UNDER THE NOSE OF A POLICE STATION, and not even a tear gas was fired at the looters!
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Delafruita(m): 8:49am On May 15, 2011
Some years ago,a dutch woman was reunited with her stolenbicycle after close to 30 years and afterwards she was bombarded with requestd from auctioneers and she received a good sum for it.thats a bicycle,we're talking a camarro,not just any camarro, a 69' camarro.i really am amazed at posts by some people.this is a clear case of been an educated illiterate.
Ekpoma1 et al. There are places called auction houses.their job is to sell vintage items or seemingly valuable items to those tht want them.the ball beckham kicked in his calamity penalty was auctioned for about 6000dollrs,the ball wilt chambelain scored 100points in a basketball game with was auctioned for even higher.stan musial's 1000th hit game ball nd bat were uctioned for an eyepopping sum.so was paul McCarteney's glasses,thierry henry's 100th arsenal goal jersey,britney spears shaved-off hair,micheal jckson's gloves and so so many others.camrro's normally fetch a good price,but this camarro with the tag of been recoveredafter 36years will fetch an eye-popping sum.
It would be important for intending posters to understand the thread,nd post intelligently.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Delafruita(m): 8:52am On May 15, 2011
Some years ago,a dutch woman was reunited with her stolenbicycle after close to 30 years and afterwards she was bombarded with requestd from auctioneers and she received a good sum for it.thats a bicycle,we're talking a camarro,not just any camarro, a 69' camarro.i really am amazed at posts by some people.this is a clear case of been an educated illiterate.
Ekpoma1 et al. There are places called auction houses.their job is to sell vintage items or seemingly valuable items to those tht want them.the ball beckham kicked in his calamity penalty was auctioned for about  6000dollrs,the ball wilt chambelain scored 100points in a basketball game with was auctioned for even higher.stan musial's 1000th hit game ball nd bat were uctioned for an eyepopping sum.so was paul McCarteney's glasses,thierry henry's 100th arsenal goal jersey,britney spears shaved-off hair,micheal jckson's gloves and so so many others.camrro's normally fetch a good price,but this camarro with the tag of been recoveredafter 36years will fetch an eye-popping sum.
It would be important for intending posters to understand the thread,nd post intelligently.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Delafruita(m): 1:35pm On May 15, 2011
@donobi.
Even in america,the police officers are not allocated apartments in a barrack.their own police officers as well carrybatons just like nigerian police officers carry guns.the NPF might not be up to their standard but they re not as pitiable as u paint them to be.its true the NPF needs a serious overhauling but their problem isnt of a financial one,their problem is one of lack of education and low psyche.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Delafruita(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2011
@donobi.
Even in america,the police officers are not allocated apartments in a barrack.their own police officers as well carrybatons just like nigerian police officers carry guns.the NPF might not be up to their standard but they re not as pitiable as u paint them to be.its true the NPF needs a serious overhauling but their problem isnt of a financial one,their problem is one of lack of education and low psyche.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by pleep(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2011
Chilbeast: These people that call their  selves Western world or whatever are busy making us feel like poo by inserting what they feel we should know in our head and we are busy believing them and clapping for them, discovery my backside. that was how they say the oldest man in the world is 114 years when i have grand ma that is over 120 years, to hell with their lies. believe whatever lie they tell you but count me out.
I completly agree with you. While I certainly don't doubt the autenticity if this stolen car story, it is true that these ppl in the west give a bunch of arrogant bull sh.it statistics about things they couln't possibly know. For example they say that 28 women get raped every minute in the Congo. How could they possibly prove such an outlandish claim? Yet they act like it's scientific fact. It's ridiculous that people belive this nonsense.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by kabukabu50(m): 4:56pm On May 15, 2011
Your car is stolen in Nigeria,chances of you ever recovering it are almost impossible,police are ill equiped and not motivated enough to get the job done,heck if you are being robbed,the police will wait till hours before they show up to take an incident report. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by kabukabu50(m): 5:06pm On May 15, 2011
pleep:

I completly agree with you. While I certainly don't doubt the autenticity if this stolen car story, it is true that these ppl in the west give a bunch of arrogant bull sh.it statistics about things they couln't possibly know. For example they say that 28 women get violated every minute in the Congo. How could they possibly prove such an outlandish claim? Yet they act like it's scientific fact. It's ridiculous that people belive this nonsense.

Statistics are a result of research and figures,something that takes years of analyzing data to connect the dots of occurences,for example, If you were moving to a city,you could easily look up the statistics for its crime rate,employment,home ownership,success rate of students,accident rates and so on.it may not be scientific but mathematic, you look up the average number of rape cases in the Congo,over certain period of time,you assess that probably for every 10 rapes,3 or less may be reported, so they are educated guesses, little wonder why folks like you are still dwelling in the stone age.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by gymer(m): 6:14pm On May 15, 2011
I thought it hsppend in Nigeria.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by pleep(m): 7:46pm On May 15, 2011
kabukabu50:

Statistics are a result of research and figures,something that takes years of analyzing data to connect the dots of occurences,for example, If you were moving to a city,you could easily look up the statistics for its crime rate,employment,home ownership,success rate of students,accident rates and so on.it may not be scientific but mathematic, you look up the average number of violation cases in the Congo,over certain period of time,you assess that probably for every 10 despoils,3 or less may be reported, so they are educated guesses, little wonder why folks like you are still dwelling in the stone age.
Dont try and lecture me, I know what the hell I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with an employment rate, or crime rate etc. I'm talking about 'educated' guesses that are so unmeasureable that it takes either extreame arrogance or an agenda to even try. We all know there are many acts of violation in the Congo, but to claim to have an accurate estimate of how many occur each hour is beyond silly because you don't know how many despoils go unreported for each reported one. And were do women even report despoils in the Congo? Are they police offices every 50 miles?
These types of statistics have very often been disproven, For example the Aids rate in southern Africa was once determined by a computer program that claimed to know how many sexual partners/intances of unprotected sex/ and free time an African woman has. Are you surprised that the results of this program would have the population of botwana at half it is now? But contrary to this dumb statistic the population of botswanan is growing.
An even worse statistic Is the widely propogated one that says 1 in 4 American women gets violated in her lifetime. Also disproven.
So what ever happened to the notion that if you don't know the answer to a question find it out for certain before you make a dumb guess.(That millions of ppl will belive)
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by pleep(m): 7:52pm On May 15, 2011
These statistics are also deliberatly exaggerated to raise money and awareness.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by kabukabu50(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2011
pleep:

Dont try and lecture me, I know what the hell I'm talking about. This has nothing to do with an employment rate, or crime rate etc. I'm talking about 'educated' guesses that are so unmeasureable that it takes either extreame arrogance or an agenda to even try. We all know there are many acts of violation in the Congo, but to claim to have an accurate estimate of how many occur each minute is beyond silly because you don't know how many despoils go unreported for each reported one. And were do women even report despoils in the Congo? Are they police offices every 50 miles?
These types of statistics have very often been disproven, For example the Aids rate in southern Africa was once determined by a computer program that claimed to know how many sexual partners/intances of unprotected sex/ and free time an African woman has. Are you surprised that the results of this program would have the population of botwana at half it is now? But contrary to this dumb statistic the population of botswanan is growing.
An even worse statistic Is the widely propogated one that says 1 in 4 American women gets violated in her lifetime. Also disproven.
So what ever happened to the notion that if you don't know the answer to a question find it out for certain before you make a dumb guess.(That millions of ppl will belive)

You must not be familiar with any form of science then my friend,you would now that educated guesses are a large part of how data is generated and compiled.how do they determine age of decomposed bodies?How do they determine fossils ages?How do you think they determine polls?nobody goes around to ask every single person questions, they take a certain demographic within a certain area and base the numbers off that grin grin grin grin

You guys are absolute geniuses then if you claim that these methods are that inaccurate grin grin,perhaps we should employ your methods and see how much more of an improvement it will be,there are many cases in which it is not feasible or necessary to absolutely get figures the way that you propose, and what has this to do with the topic anyway?

The US regularly uses DNA records to track down and prosecute cold cases from tens of years ago,not saying that it was even needed in this case,as the cars title and documentation made it relatively easy to find the owner.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by rumomonga(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2011
[color=#770077][/color]Wow! This is worth applauding. This is an example of a system that is working. In nIGERIA here, we have all it takes to be among the best in terms of human and natural resources but these clothed animals whose senses of uprightness has been seared wont make it hapen. nIGERIA! :-( what a helpless State. O de n du mi gan
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by pleep(m): 1:08am On May 16, 2011
kabukabu50:

You must not be familiar with any form of science then my friend,you would now that educated guesses are a large part of how data is generated and compiled.how do they determine age of decomposed bodies?How do they determine fossils ages?How do you think they determine polls?nobody goes around to ask every single person questions, they take a certain demographic within a certain area and base the numbers off that grin grin grin grin

You guys are absolute geniuses then if you claim that  these methods are that inaccurate grin grin,perhaps we should employ your methods and see how much more of an improvement it will be,there are many cases in which it is not feasible or necessary to absolutely get figures the way that you propose, and what has this to do with the topic anyway?

The US regularly uses DNA records to track down and prosecute cold cases from tens of years ago,not saying that it was even needed in this case,as the cars title and documentation made it relatively easy to find the owner.
This has nothing to do with the topic, i was just repling to a post someone else made. And PS. like i stated earlier i do not disbelieve this story about the stolen car, so don't try to lecture me on that!
They measure the age of fossil by carbon dating, whereby the amount of remaining carbon is used to find the amount that has radioactively decayed, thus finding the age of the fossil. This is NOT educated guess, this is actual science.
And i never said i didn't believe the results of controlled, scientific polls, there are ways to do a poll that have results that are reflective of actual public opinion. . . But a poll has to be done in a controlled environment like  the united states were there are detailed medical and police records, not the Congo. If the violation stats in the united states were incorrectly measured at 1 in 4, with all the data available in the U.S, when the real number is around 1 in 7 (according to "Freakanomics"wink how can anyone hope to get an accurate measure of how many despoils occur in an African war zone?

The Aids rate in Europe is determined by hospital data and clinic records, while the rate in Africa is determined by "educated guesses" that have BEEN PROVEN incorrect, my only problem with all this is that millions of sheeple like you will believe these figures at face value.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by damola1: 1:50am On May 16, 2011
where are all our fake database engineers, we need to start compiling records, they are there, they just need to be computerized,
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 3:29am On May 16, 2011
Kabukabu50 and Pleep, im liking how this is going
please continue the debate (abi na diatribe i fit call am sef grin)
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by tokan(m): 8:17am On May 16, 2011
well in Nigeria, if the car was 36yrs, by the time its recovered, the car would have become a scrap and even the thief would have been tired of riding it. wat a joke cheesy
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by DaCreativa: 9:24am On May 16, 2011
Wow!!!
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 9:48am On May 16, 2011
Before you criticize their statistics, try to learn how they do those statistics. They spend, money, resources, manpower, IT expertise and other things to carry out their statistics.
So, i believe the statistics that they quote because i was trained on out a proper statistical analysis and have taken part in several, and have been able to work with some professors (as an IT expert sha), so i was able to observe what was being done.

The stooopid census thing we do in Nigeria is arrant nonsense and is not statistics at all. Lo siento mis Nigerianos por ese.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by chibest5(m): 9:52am On May 16, 2011
Statistics are a result of research and figures,something that takes years of analyzing data to connect the dots of occurences,for example, If you were moving to a city,you could easily look up the statistics for its crime rate,employment,home ownership,success rate of students,accident rates and so on.it may not be scientific but mathematic, you look up the average number of violation cases in the Congo,over certain period of time,you assess that probably for every 10 despoils,3 or less may be reported, so they are educated guesses, little wonder why folks like you are still dwelling in the stone age.

Now i know why we have only analyst without action in Nigeria,very painful. angry
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nnaboys: 10:40am On May 16, 2011
Baba Ibada you are very silly. Wetin concern us concern wetin dey happen for america. Beko give me niger details and if you don't have what to write keep ur pen(hand).
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by ugsh: 10:50am On May 16, 2011
what would u say'bout this!! shocked
The world's oldest working car is up for auction next month - for £1 million.

And according to the auctioneers the De Dion Bouton has only had three owners since it was built 123 years ago.

The steam-powered car was built by French manufacturers De Dion in 1884, a year before Germans Daimler and Benz built their first cars.

The car won the world's first automobile race in 1887, travelling from Paris to Neuilly at an average speed of 26mph. The car's top speed is now 38mph.

Auctioneer Dave Goodling said: "Of all the remarkable automobiles I've had the pleasure to consign, the De Dion Bouton is the most historically important to come to auction in a very long time."

The four-seater will be auctioned on August 19th in Pebble Beach, California.

Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Kenyata(m): 10:54am On May 16, 2011
Don't Know how to make this be in the front page. To the people that won before, pray to win again. To those that didn't win, pray to win this time around. LOL

**IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING THE 2012 DIVERSITY LOTTERY PROGRAM**

We regret to inform you that, due to a computer programming problem, the results of the 2012 Diversity Lottery that were previously posted on this website have been voided.  They were not valid and were posted in error.  The results were not valid because they did not represent a fair, random selection of entrants, as required by U.S. law.

If you checked this website during the first week in May and found a notice that you had been selected for further processing or a notice that you had not been selected, that notice has been rescinded and is no longer valid.

A new selection process will be conducted based on the original entries for the 2012 program.

If you submitted a qualified entry from October 5, 2010 to November 3, 2010, your entry remains with us.  It will be included in the new selection lottery.  Your confirmation number to check results on this website is still valid.

We expect the results of the new selection process to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

We regret any inconvenience this might have caused.

Click here to view a message from David T. Donahue, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Visa Services:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Why was it necessary to invalidate the names that were selected?

* U.S. law requires that Diversity Immigrant visas be made available through a strictly random process.  A computer programming error resulted in a selection that was not truly random.

* Since the computer programming error caused an outcome that was not random, the outcome did not meet the requirements of the law, and would have been unfair to many DV entrants.

Q:  Is the 2012 Diversity Visa Program cancelled?

* No.  The 2012 program will continue.  The computer programming error has been identified and corrected.  The Department of State will run a new selection using all the qualified entries (ones received between October 5, 2010 and November 3, 2010) it received for the 2012 program.

Q:  Do I have to submit a new application?

* No.  You may not submit a new application.  We will use all qualified entries received during the October 5 to November 3, 2010 registration period.

Q:   Will you open a new entry period?

* New entries will not be accepted.

Q:  I checked the Entry Status Check website after May 1 and it said I had been selected.  Can I apply for a DV visa?

* Unfortunately results previously posted on this website were not valid because the selection process was not fair or random.  We will take the entries of all individuals who sent in their registration during the original October 5 to November 3, 2010 time period and run a new lottery.  We regret any inconvenience or disappointment this has caused.  We expect new results to be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.

Q:  How can I check the results of the new selection?

* The new results should be available on this website on or about July 15, 2011.  The confirmation code you received when you registered is still valid for use on the website.

Q:  Was the Department of State hacked?  Was my personal information at risk?

* We have no evidence that this problem was caused by any intentional act.  No unauthorized party accessed data related to the DV program.  

* This appears to be solely the result of a computer programming error.
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by sandokaa: 11:02am On May 16, 2011
The owner is lucky that the theft was not in Naija, where an Igbo spare parts seller would have butchered it and sell to unsuspecting customers! Check them out at Aba and spare parts centres in every capital city. Na wa for Igbo dealers o!
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 16, 2011
As the car is being stolen, the spare parts people are waiting. Before the car is reported, it has been scrapped. . . game over. . .K.O
The whites dont have ALABA markets like our own - our own alaba market with its "RULES" make things like this very easy. . .
I can just stroll into the market and trade anything i like without questions being asked, no documentation, just cash. . .
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by johndavid1(m): 8:47pm On May 16, 2011
even the owner go don 4get his/her car sef
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by ricebeans: 10:00pm On May 16, 2011
This White guys can be funny! But that is ok for the sha!
Re: Stolen Car Recovered After 36 Years by lekside44(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2011
in nigeria, the price of cars are always in the downward trend. but in the western world, inverse is the case. always appreciating.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Your Zodiac Sign Says About You! / Lies We Have Told Our Parents / Certified Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.