Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,263 members, 7,846,232 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 (14494 Views)

Wayne Rooney, Patrick Vieira Inducted Into PL 2022 Hall Of Fame (video, Pics) / Olufunke Oshonaike Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos) / Funke Oshonaike: 3 Months To My Wedding, My Fiance Was Shot Dead In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by mbahdi(m): 12:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
D
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by theTranscriber: 12:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
onyenatruchi:
She's a Yoruba woman lipsrsealed
She got nothing to offer lipsrsealed
don't bring your nonsense here abeg

1 Like

Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
onyenatruchi:

You must be mistaking her for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by MYHUBBY: 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2021
onyenatruchi:

Igbo and their hatred for Yoruba, now that your southern crabs is over, it's time to see you people true colour

now I understand ikwerre and other ethnic groups in south south

1 Like

Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by teepain: 1:13pm On Jul 27, 2021
emsco:
This woman never win Olympic medal and she has been to 7 Olympic. Time to give the young ones a chance

Olympic qualifiers aren't decided on the basis of age. Young or old, you will go through the qualifiers and if you make the cut you will go to the Olympics. Funke started representing Nigeria at 20 years of age not because she was young but she was good enough as she proved in competitions she participated in, before her Olympics debut.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Shakitibob0: 1:19pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ugaboy:
I hope they bring home gold medals after this their publicity stunt
she is out of the tournament already
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by aidameoryou: 1:44pm On Jul 27, 2021
SEGLIZ:
Congratulations to her.

yes you gladden our heart compare to the meaningless bbn or whatever it is.

some say this athletes are, they are in this competition for their selfish interest.

what then would they say about those three months prisoners in bbn house?

UTTER IN-COMPREHENSIVE AND MEANINGLESS WRITEUP
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by ThothHermes: 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2021
teepain:

Olympic qualifiers aren't decided on the basis of age. Young or old, you will go through the qualifiers and if you make the cut you will go to the Olympics. Funke started representing Nigeria at 20 years of age not because she was young but she was good enough as she proved in competitions she participated in, before her Olympics debut.
I believe it was because the bar was so low.
How can you go to seven Olympics and not win one bronze medal?
In any serious country she would not qualified for half of those competitions.
Women don't really play tennis in this country
She can qualify for number 8 if she wants.
I love her. No disrespect to her achivemements.
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by mechanics(m): 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Congrats to her, beauty with skills.
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by crazygod(m): 2:00pm On Jul 27, 2021
Wow. But then she lost. tongue
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by authority2006(m): 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2021
Abatlprof:
I'm not impressed

Well, the feeling is mutual. What is in your life that could really impress us?
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by nuban07(m): 2:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Evergreen Funke
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 27, 2021
She's fine for a 45 year old. She looks better than that feminist called Megan Rapinoe (USA women football striker) and Marta (Brazilian no 10 forward) both just 35 years old undecided
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by SEGLIZ: 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2021
aidameoryou:

UTTER IN-COMPREHENSIVE AND MEANINGLESS WRITEUP
na my bbn comment pain.

you need glasses and if you don't leave comments that might depress you.

better still nairaland won't miss your absence. that is if you might as well comprehend this too.

I beg leave me jeje the weather here is cool and breezy, I dey go look for sun or is it sunny in your area so you can share with me cheesygrin
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Geekamon(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Not hating, but she's got nothing to show for her 7 appearances.

The first woman in the world to achieve this haven't got a single medal in the category.

Crazy Sturvs.

This is very funny.

On what basis does she consistently earn the spot to represent the country?

Does this mean, we have no other tennis champion in the country who can give her a run for her money?
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by robosky02(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
teepain:

No mind them

They throught it's APC matter
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by aidameoryou: 3:53pm On Jul 27, 2021
SEGLIZ:
na my bbn comment pain.

you need glasses and if you don't leave comments that might depress you.

better still nairaland won't miss your absence. that is if you might as well comprehend this too.

I beg leave me jeje the weather here is cool and breezy, I dey go look for sun or is it sunny in your area so you can share with me cheesygrin

ANOTHER MEANINGLESS GIBBER, IS THIS HOW EMPTY BRAINED YOU ARE
ARE YOUR FAMILY REALLY PROUD OF YOU grin
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Gfskw: 5:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Ok
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Emeka71(m): 9:57pm On Jul 27, 2021
rolams:
Good one! Looking forward to seeing Aruna Quadri too.
They would have been better-off with medals.
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by rolams(m): 11:03pm On Jul 27, 2021
Emeka71:
They would have been better-off with medals.

Got your point
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by resenne(f): 7:07am On Jul 28, 2021
congrats to her , I use to see back in the days sha
Re: Funke Oshonaike Officially Inducted Into Olympics Table Tennis Club 7 by Feshizzy(m): 11:45pm On Feb 04, 2022
amolak:
This Olympic Nigerians dey chop beating like popcorn

You got mail bro

(1) (2) (Reply)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.