Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,642 members, 7,854,683 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 12:49 AM

CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs (20597 Views)

CBN Stops Use Of Foreign Currencies As Collateral For Naira Loan / CBN formalises dollar sales to BDCs as naira improves / Naira Falls After CBN Stops Forex Sales To BDCs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Adenugay(m): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Long overdue. I hope they will never never never reverse this decision

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Philomath1212: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Vado:

Calm down oga. I’m a staunch critic of the government but this is long overdue. No forward thinking nation still does that shxt.

Seems you are not in Naija..
They had stopped the shxt countless times, it didn't hold water...
Aboki will still get dollar

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lol
Beta cartel
Na on paper dem stop this one
So as to sell to only cronies

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Plut01: 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021

Not bad.....

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by lessonotes(f): 3:22pm On Jul 27, 2021
mrvitalis:
This is like the 800th time they would stop and next week they would start again

Lol MBA holders as CBN governor and finance minister n u expect progress

Buhari would handle security osibanjo would handle economy
Now security we no see , economy is worse and some wicked people wants to package osibanjo for us again as president

grin grin
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
They are finally too broke to finance their first class tribe.

Watch the green packs getting scarce.

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by yesloaded: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning CBN

grin
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2021
grin $1 = =N= 5000 angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Manasseh2018(m): 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2021
Please what's the full meaning of bdc's
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
interesting. 600/$ loading....

3 Likes

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Goke7: 3:26pm On Jul 27, 2021
Philomath1212:

Seems you are not in Naija..
They had stopped the shxt countless times, it didn't hold water...
Aboki will still get dollar

Soludo did the same but was later reversed when sanusi took over.

How I wish it can never be undone, why must we have different rates as the official and black market, who does that?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Sirdan247(m): 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
So annoying. How can my monthly dollar limit be 100$. Like why?? This policy is crazy
abhosts:
So why not sell directly to banks so that customers can have a higher dollar spending limit of their Naira Cards?
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Manasseh2018:
Please what's the full meaning of bdc's

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Goke7: 3:28pm On Jul 27, 2021
abhosts:
So why not sell directly to banks so that customers can have a higher dollar spending limit of their Naira Cards?

I tire o, this country you can never understand some things
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
Mikael0407:
What is really the problem of this country exactly sad
.. Too Many Greedy Mugusss grin

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Goke7: 3:29pm On Jul 27, 2021
FarahAideed:
Volte facing CBN doing what they do best ..by Monday they reverse again ... There is no reason why Nigeria is running the parallel forex market if not corruption!!!!! Well it's the North that benefits from this BDC crime family the most so expect a reversal soon

until we fix that parallel shit, we ain't moving anywhere

3 Likes

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 27, 2021
Looks like a Good policy on the surface, but in Nigeria Corruption do fight dirty to the extend that Baba have stop saying he is fighting corruption.... well now we leave room for profiteering by the banks and high cost of sourcing Foreign Exchange from BDC..... the best thing is to have a water tight system that stops illegal flow of illicit funds out of the country... unfortunately the biggest culprits might end up been people in government and the Banks themselves. Overall what is important is being able to monitor the flow of funds whether legal or illegal .....We can have a system that stops direct cash exchange with BDC that way we can analyze data and know where the fund is going.

on a flip side I am just using a dongle not a phone, glo had rectified it's issue but the are still third party interference on all my line 081761***07 ,081795***08, 080537***17

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by babayinka77(m): 3:34pm On Jul 27, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-cbn-stops-sale-of-fx-to-bdcs/amp
And you still can not buy forex from banks. Who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Learnaskill1: 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2021
it is serious

very cheap as a bonanza

I will do a good job for you

Web design
Graphics
Social media marketing

I can also teach you

Check singnsute for WhatsApp
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Homextras: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
Dollar could get to N1000 before year end with this decision. And this will also affect sales of imported goods like cars, and others.
SMH.

5 Likes

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by KazikageSama: 3:36pm On Jul 27, 2021
Vado:

Calm down oga. I’m a staunch critic of the government but this is long overdue. No forward thinking nation still does that shxt.

Naira will actually suffer for this move Sir.
1. Our banks are not capable of handling the volumes of daily FX exchanges over the counter yet. From experience, I can assure you that banks are still struggling with handling, reporting and managing Form As, Form Ms, BTA and PTA requests.
2. All countries have BDC (ALL), what most of them have just done is put the strategic managements under financial institutions. If would have been better if there is a roadmap to allow banks take over these BDCs first before this outright ban.
3. With the CBN's $100 FX limit on cards, expect people to hoard their dollars more which will put more strain on naira.
4. BDCs today are the number 1 agents of controlling (mobbing up and selling dollar into the economy), with most items off out Form M list, these guys are provide the dollars that most businesses use to import their foreign materials.

Emefiele for me has been the most questionable CBN Gov., his policies are questionable and his way of reasoning quite archaic. I'm certain he has some funny reasons behind this but I'm not sure it was well thought through.

I won't be surprised if we have to devaluate further to meet impending FX needs within the next couple of months.

I may be wrong and I pray I am

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by abbey621(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
Stopping sale to BDC when the little amount you sell to them is nowhere close to enough is like shooting yourself in the foot. Parallel market wouldn't exist if CBN just admits its failures and mark the Naira at its real value which is 500 Naira to 1 Dollar, this is the true state of the economy, why pretend?

Our economy depends on foreign everything, if people cannot buy and sell what do you think will happen to the Naira? You think say na me you dey do? Werey dey disguise angry angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by teemac01(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2021
Any real Economist know this should have been stopped years ago...how can the rise and fall of a currency be determined by certain number or individuals...the market/economy determines that not BDCs....this should have been scrapped since...dollar goes up never comes down...so does commodities...and the trickle down effect goes to the masses how in turn do so to their fellow.
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by frowland(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
lawalosky:
This operator are contributing immensely in devaluation of our naira.
Everyday you see them sitting in Sheraton hotel road with baban riga uselessing our naira.

Hello bro, what is the purchasing power of those two currencies in micro level?
Okay, let me rephrase; Assuming I want to sponsor random people to barb their hair. How many people will #50,000 barb and how many people will $100 barb in USA?
What can $100 buy you in US compared to what 50k can do in Nigeria? ..and so forth.
These are the kind of questions that is conspicuously ignored when comparing economies.

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by daddytime(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hmmm

E be like say this work don tire Emefiele...

His bosses won't be very pleased with this news if indeed true.

Great move.

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by chloride6: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lmao...

Who born this one well...

By next week, the guy go introduce new procedures and guidelines after subsequent re-registration.
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by blazetitov: 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2021
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by Naijanascam: 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Policy somersaults
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by FrankO95(m): 3:40pm On Jul 27, 2021
Cluelessness....Same thing they did in2016 and led to an increase in dollar rate ..
Las las aboki go enter Ghana buy the dollars..

2 Likes

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by JuanDeDios: 3:41pm On Jul 27, 2021
frankzone:
Meffy seems so confused these days!
He has always been. From day 1 he was appointed.

1 Like

Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by iconnecta(m): 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
i suspected this to happen
Re: CBN Stops Sale Of FOREX To BDCs by fenibak: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
They are waking up now after buharis brothers have looted the country dry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Tumbles By 51.95% Despite Cbn’s Defence Measures / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand / Amazon Mechanical Turk Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.