Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby (3142 Views)

Man Shares Photo Of Drug He Found In Younger Sister's Bag / Help!!! Wife Refuses to buy drug for sick Husband / Can You Breastfeed Your Baby This Way? (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Lamanii22(f): 7:48pm On Jul 27, 2021
Hello again! Dear mothers... Can you please recommend the best teeth drug for babies... I think my baby is showing teething signs, I have started using teething powder before now, then my aunt recommended piccan, I bought it last month for 2k but when I got to the pharmacy today it's 6k plus... That's too much lol, is there any other effective teeth drug that is affordable? Thank you all for your responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Iyasaburi: 9:04pm On Jul 27, 2021
Check other pharmacy, except you want to go trado medical.
Things are hard sha. 6k for teething medicine. God have mercy o

1 Like

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Blacckrod(f): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2021
Try bonababe. It’s really effective and affordable, 300 naira for 100ml bottle.

1 Like

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Victoria938(f): 10:55pm On Jul 27, 2021
Piccan
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Lamanii22(f): 10:56pm On Jul 27, 2021
Iyasaburi:
Check other pharmacy, except you want to go trado medical.
Things are hard sha. 6k for teething medicine. God have mercy o

I have checked like four pharmacies... Maybe when I go out tomorrow, I'd check other ones.... When I told my mother in law that it's 6k she was like ma ra ooo � that she'd help me to buy trad soap from eko idumota... She complained a lot when I got it for 2k sef... If it's like 3k I can still buy it... That 6k can buy baby food and diaper sef...
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Lamanii22(f): 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2021
Blacckrod:
Try bonababe. It’s really effective and affordable, 300 naira for 100ml bottle.

Bonababe? I remember bonababe's advert on the radio then... On yoruba frequency.... I'd check it out thanks....
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Lamanii22(f): 10:59pm On Jul 27, 2021
Victoria938:
Piccan

It is now 6k plus which is why I need another drug that is affordable and effective... Thank you ma...

1 Like

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by nnekaike(f): 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lamanii22:

It is now 6k plus which is why I need another drug that is affordable and effective... Thank you ma...
is your baby sick?
If yes head straight to hospital,in my opinion teething drugs don't work,infact good a hospital will not recommend it.

If your baby temperature is high,administer paracetamol only.
If it persists with vomiting,cough,stooling that is not egusilike texture you need to see a doctor,it might be malaria or underlying infection which the pain of the sprouting teeth is adding to.

NB: I have two kids and never used anything teething mixture or drug for them.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Lamanii22(f): 11:42pm On Jul 27, 2021
nnekaike:
is your baby sick?
If yes head straight to hospital,in my opinion teething drugs don't work,infact good a hospital will not recommend it.

If your baby temperature is high,administer paracetamol only.
If it persists with vomiting,cough,stooling that is not egusilike texture you need to see a doctor,it might be malaria or underlying infection which the pain of the sprouting teeth is adding to.

NB: I have two kids and never used anything teething mixture or drug for them.

No she's not sick... No fever... She's just whiny, has cough, always want to be with me, she'd cry if another person carries her... She's biting stuff that's why I sensed she must be teething....
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by nnekaike(f): 11:47pm On Jul 27, 2021
Lamanii22:

No she's not sick... No fever... She's just whiny, has cough, always want to be with me, she'd cry if another person carries her... She's biting stuff that's why I sensed she must be teething....
she will be fine,look for something she chew on to scratch her gum,and give paracetamol.
She will be fine b4 you know it, kisses to your baby.Ekeple ma

5 Likes

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Lamanii22(f): 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2021
nnekaike:
she will be fine,look for something she chew on to scratch her gum,and give paracetamol.
She will be fine b4 you know it, kisses to your baby.Ekeple ma

Oh wow, thank you so much, I'd take to your advice... Eshey gaan ma... God bless you ma
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by realtalk19: 4:52am On Jul 28, 2021
Lamanii22:
Hello again! Dear mothers... Can you please recommend the best teeth drug for babies... I think my baby is showing teething signs, I have started using teething powder before now, then my aunt recommended piccan, I bought it last month for 2k but when I got to the pharmacy today it's 6k plus... That's too much lol, is there any other effective teeth drug that is affordable? Thank you all for your responses.

Acepol

1 Like

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by realtalk19: 4:53am On Jul 28, 2021
Lamanii22:

Acepol is affordable and effective

1 Like

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by LadySarah: 9:52am On Jul 28, 2021
Leave your baby to teeth in peace. It is development same as walking which you don't help them to do. We abuse drugs slot in Nigeria.

I never gave it and my kids all have their teeth intact. If there's fever, give paracetamol and if it doesn't stop, take ur child to the hospital for tests

3 Likes

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by DmainG: 10:20am On Jul 28, 2021
Is teething a disease?

You better don't run your child into liver failure all because you want to treat a physiological state

4 Likes

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Benbisco(f): 7:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
Lamanii22:

Teething is normal for babies and it does not give them any problems at all. However some of them come down with a fever because the body is fighting off foreign bodies/germs picked up by the baby probably from toys or other items they use to ease the itching from the gum, you know how they bite on things na. If there is a fever, just administer paracetamol and as much as possible, control what goes into the baby's mouth.

So no need for teething powder. I think it's old wives' tales. I remember NAFDAC once had an infomercial banning a particular teething drug.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by venabili: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2023
Lamanii22:

It is now 17k 2 yrs later
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Justkatty(f): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2023
venabili:

It is now 17k 2 yrs later
19500 now
That's what I bought it just of recent for my daughter.
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by LadyRosa(f): 6:40am On Nov 10, 2023
Justkatty:
19500 now
That's what I bought it just of recent for my daughter.

shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Justkatty(f): 5:52pm On Nov 10, 2023
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by LadyRosa(f): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2023
Justkatty:
cry

Lol.
Sorry dear, God will continue to provide.
It's not easy, I'm on my own baby expenses, so I know its quite expensive when you want to go for the best.
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Justkatty(f): 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2023
LadyRosa:

Lol.
Sorry dear, God will continue to provide.
It's not easy, I'm on my own baby expenses, so I know its quite expensive when you want to go for the best.
Amen o
Not easy at all, especially doing it alone without support, nevertheless
We thank God for his faithfulness
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by LadyRosa(f): 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
Justkatty:
Amen o
Not easy at all, especially doing it alone without support, nevertheless
We thank God for his faithfulness

Wow!
Pretty hard, what about daddy?
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Justkatty(f): 7:02pm On Nov 10, 2023
LadyRosa:

Wow!
Pretty hard, what about daddy?
He's some where on earth going about his daily business.
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by LadyRosa(f): 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2023
Justkatty:
He's some where on earth going about his daily business.

Lol.
There's always a time of regret.

It will surely come. Take care of yours, because its only yours.
Re: The Best Teeth Drug For Your Baby by Justkatty(f): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2023
LadyRosa:

Lol.
There's always a time of regret.

It will surely come. Take care of yours, because its only yours.
Sure!!
My gain
Thanks dear.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Edirin Onogeta-idogun Mother Jailed Over 'missing' Son / Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues / Should Parents Find Wives For Their Son?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.