Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France (24783 Views)

"Ballers Off Duty": Nigeria Female Basketball Players Cool Off (pix) / Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses To The USA 72 - 81 / Tokyo2020 Basketball: Nigeria Lost To Australia 64-84 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 30, 2021
Goodluck to the girls.
Even though deep down in my heart i want them out.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by SmartPolician: 3:39am On Jul 30, 2021
Sirmuel1:
Let's go Ladies!!! We can do it!!!

Wetin you want do? So, if a prophet tells you that Nigeria can beat France, you will believe him? If you believe that, you will believe anything.
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by mannasseh(m): 3:45am On Jul 30, 2021
Luby913:
I am cumin I am cumin angry
av you come
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Sirmuel1(m): 3:45am On Jul 30, 2021
SmartPolician:

Wetin you want do? So, if a prophet tells you that Nigeria can beat France, you will believe him? If you believe that, you will believe anything.

Win or lose, I still love them. Take your negativity far from me.

5 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 30, 2021
daewoorazer:
Since the atheletes are families/products of big guns in the government, na so so pankere dem go dey chop for that olympics…

Until a son/daughter of nobody makes the team without knowing somebody,

We shall never have an indomitable team

1.Most of our players are children of diasporan Nigerians...ie Nigerians born abroad. They have no links to anyone in government (and in some instances might have played for other countries)

2.Basketball is not that popular in Nigeria. Thus the talent pool is limited...hence our selecting children from the diaspora.

3.iF any of the players were home based...yeah. But we have not selected a homebased basketball squad in over ten years, if not longer

4.If we want to have a good basketball team, we have to get more kids interested in playing basketball, which would then bring in more interest, more money, more coaches, more facilities, and thus more talents. That's how the USA for example went from being nobodies in women's football to a world power in the game

7 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by daewoorazer(m): 4:02am On Jul 30, 2021
Beancounter94:

1.Most of our players are children of diasporan Nigerians...ie Nigerians born abroad. They have no links to anyone in government (and in some instances might have played for other countries)

2.Basketball is not that popular in Nigeria. Thus the talent pool is limited...hence our selecting children from the diaspora.

3.iF any of the players were home based...yeah. But we have not selected a homebased basketball squad in over ten years, if not longer

4.If we want to have a good basketball team, we have to get more kids interested in playing basketball, which would then bring in more interest, more money, more coaches, more facilities, and thus more talents. That's how the USA for example went from being nobodies in women's football to a world power in the game

1. So you believe the abroad based players got selected just by flashing their foreign citizenship?

2. You also believe we don’t have sons/daughters of nobody in Nigeria better than abroad based athletes?
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by AFONJACOW(m): 4:07am On Jul 30, 2021
That fulani man curse them... as far as they supporting zoo Republic team Nigeria will leave Tokyo in shame with medal grin grin another lose game
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by AmadorSays: 4:31am On Jul 30, 2021
naija for the win
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by EmekaBlue(m): 4:44am On Jul 30, 2021
What of the female football? Some have played twice and i haven't seen them...or they didn't qualify? Even d men football i no see
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Nobody: 4:59am On Jul 30, 2021
daewoorazer:

1. So you believe the abroad based players got selected just by flashing their foreign citizenship?

2. You also believe we don’t have sons/daughters of nobody in Nigeria better than abroad based athletes?

1.Post proof that the players were selected based on who they know.

2.Post proof that we have enough talented players who are daughters of nobodies

Thanks. I'm waiting.

Let's even not forget that we

1.Don't have the same amount of facilites

2.A very weak youth structire

3.No sport research facilites

4.Not even a decent female basketball league.

Plus of the players selected, most play in the USA or in top European countries like Italy.

Face it, if we lose, it won't be because of nepotisim...it would be because we frankly are not good enough. And the minute we begin adressing the structural problems in Nigerian basketball...the better.

Good morning.

3 Likes

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by daewoorazer(m): 5:00am On Jul 30, 2021
Beancounter94:

1.Post proof that the players were selected based on who they know.

2.Post proof that we have enough talented players who are daughters of nobodies

Thanks. I'm waiting.

Hahaha, you’re a jokester until you can pay me for this talent hunt/research
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 30, 2021
daewoorazer:

Hahaha, you’re a jokester until you can pay me for this talent hunt/research

Meaning you have no proof.

Good am to you. Nice chatting.
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Yong4ever: 5:02am On Jul 30, 2021
justicechichex:
D'tigress, don't fall my hands on that day pls
. They won't!
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by UKBobo(m): 5:19am On Jul 30, 2021
Beancounter94:

I doff my slanted baseball cap to you sir. Some of these posters have no understanding of the world around them, due to limited travels and awareness.

We should just call this Nigeria team our foreign Legion basketball team. It will become like this in many other sports with the lack of facilities and decent sports management.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Polynek(m): 5:51am On Jul 30, 2021
Dem go trash us as usual nal
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Ilovezzor: 6:17am On Jul 30, 2021
[quote author=Julianaa post=104234254]We are not well prepared

We can't go far

I haven't heard of 1 single basketball tournament in Nigeria

[/quote

Are the players based in Nigeria

Dey research before you talk na!
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Jeetech01(m): 6:27am On Jul 30, 2021
I wish Nigerians best of luck.
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by mrkevwee(m): 6:47am On Jul 30, 2021
daewoorazer:

Are u really being serious rn, or its just all jokes to u.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Realhommie(m): 7:12am On Jul 30, 2021
Elock1:
angry
Nobody send this year's Olympics,
So mods save your self the stress and stop boring us with this on front page
This is so not true, there are Many people who're following and it's not just here in Nigeria only but the world over.
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Walelavender(m): 7:34am On Jul 30, 2021
Did France win their last game? If not, they will give us a run for our money.
I wish D'Tigress win this. Can't afford another loss. Like the gods are angry with Nigeria. Even the Almighty God isn't happy with the happenings in the country.
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by TFLASHOGEE(m): 7:51am On Jul 30, 2021
50/50 game let just try to take our moments when it comes same way our male team failed to do I believe in the ladies they don't even miss free trows so we are good to go grin
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by thaoriginator: 8:20am On Jul 30, 2021
grin

We go collect
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by theTranscriber: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2021
SmartPolician:

we can and we will
Fvck of with your pessimism
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by SmartPolician: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2021
theTranscriber:
we can and we will
Fvck of with your pessimism

Emotions don't bring result... skills do...that's why nothing works in this shithole. Lemme know when Nigeria wins.
Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by haslaw(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2021
We are not going anywhere.

We allowed ethnicity and bigotry to blind our eyes to the real talents. A lot of very good talents were dropped just because of their Muslim names and/states of origin.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo2020 Female Basketball: Nigeria Loses 62 -87 To France by Zizicomm: 9:23am On Jul 30, 2021
Game's started

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"How Jose Mourinho Saved My Chelsea Career" - Didier Drogba / Goalkeeper David Ospina Discharged From Hospital After Head Collision (Photos) / PSG Prepare To Sign £150m Erling Haaland To Replace Mbappe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.