Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State (57518 Views)

Big Elephant Spotted In Oyo State (Photos) / The Elephant Spotted In Ikuru, Rivers State (Pictures & Video) / Starving Elephant Spotted At The Maiduguri Zoo In Borno State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Asquare84(m): 7:19am On Jul 29, 2021
See better meat that came to the whole community on a platter of gold and yet nobody think of using it for pepper soup. Adoni people are not smart
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by adagba001: 7:25am On Jul 29, 2021
I served in Andoni LGA back in 2012, there are a handful of beautiful animals in that place, lush green environment all year round, beautiful weather and it borders the Atlantic as well... A tourist haven yet to be tapped, explored and developed.

Just visit the beach and see for yourself the palm trees, the sand, the fishing village etc.. that place is beautiful.

We once saw a group of elephants numbering up to 4 and so many monkies on one of our trips to the beach through this breath taking forest and seeing this today gladdens my heart.

Whoever has been to Ekede (Andoni as a whole) knows that that place has so much tourist potentials yet untapped.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 29, 2021
prince3009:
Chinese people will go and poach that elephant and take the tusk away.

An elephant tusk is the major source of ivory which is highly sought for internationally and ivory is expensive. An elephant tusk can sell for as much as $50,000USD in the black market.

And that's a full grown elephant with very long tusks.
When someone mentioned tusk on first page, was wondering what's special about it. Didn't know it worths this much shocked shocked
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Zionpeter: 7:26am On Jul 29, 2021
Gone are the days when elephants were enormous in Nigeria
I believe this one lost it way.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Militant30: 7:29am On Jul 29, 2021
Asquare84:
See better meat that came to the whole community on a platter of gold and yet nobody think of using it for pepper soup. Adoni people are not smart

See this one,una don chop snake sotey una think Andoni people dey chop everything.
We for Andoni value this elephants well well we no need am for peppersoup because we want our children to children to come and see them.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 29, 2021
Quinex2:
When someone mentioned tusk on first page, was wondering what's special about it. Didn't know it worths this much shocked shocked

Very very expensive. Especially with the fall of the Naira, just 1 tusk can fetch you over N20m and a pair close to N50m

Just that selling of elephant tusks has been declared illegal by international bodies for the preservation of wild life but there will still be black market buyers.

That elephant is in serious trouble if someone who knows the value of ivory and has the connections with a willing buyer stumbles upon this thread.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Mrincredy(m): 7:33am On Jul 29, 2021
and to think that I served in this community...They have so many great men but nothing is happening...PDP chairman is from this community with the Former deputy Governor and many great personalities...if you are dreaming of drinking good water, don't even go there
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Militant30: 7:35am On Jul 29, 2021
Zionpeter:
Gone are the days when elephants were enormous in Nigeria
I believe this one lost it way.

No, sometime around 1999 one of the Elephant in Ngo town match someone to death, so they are many Elephants around that region of Andoni LGA of Rivers State.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Awoleesu(m): 7:36am On Jul 29, 2021
It's a bull.

Male Elephants (bulls) are great wanderers and loners.
He must have wandered over hundreds of kilometers hoping to find a mate...

Poor highly 'wanted' soul... Pray he doesn't end up in the hands of the enemies!
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by 9jakool: 7:36am On Jul 29, 2021
Asquare84:
You are the one who is not smart in this equation. You see a critically endangered species and your first thought is pepper soup? Tell me how many forest elephants are left in the South? We have no culture of conservation of nature and sooner or later we are going to reap what we sowed.

2 Likes

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 29, 2021
prince3009:

Very very expensive. Especially with the fall of the Naira, just 1 tusk can fetch you over N20m and a pair close to N50m

Just that selling of elephant tusks has been declared illegal by international bodies for the preservation of wild life but there will still be black market buyers.

That elephant is in serious trouble if someone who knows the value of ivory and has the connections with a willing buyer stumbles upon this thread.
Serious trouble cause I feel like hunting it down already cheesy
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Mrincredy(m): 7:44am On Jul 29, 2021
I also served there..
adagba001:
I served in Andoni LGA back in 2012, there are a handful of beautiful animals in that place, lush green environment all year round, beautiful weather and it borders the Atlantic as well... A tourist haven yet to be tapped, explored and developed.

Just visit the beach and see for yourself the palm trees, the sand, the fishing village etc.. that place is beautiful.

We once saw a group of elephants numbering up to 4 and so many monkies on one of our trips to the beach through this breath taking forest and seeing this today gladdens my heart.

Whoever has been to Ekede (Andoni as a whole) knows that that place has so much tourist potentials yet untapped.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Ellasure: 7:48am On Jul 29, 2021
Please let rivers state governor and government do everything in their powers to help preserve the elephants in the forests, particularly for two reasons.

One eco balance and
Two, for the future generations legacy.

God bless you all.

The animal came out to view the environment and people and to remind us all that they are still here. It will be evil act and unfriendly to kill elephants without adequate usefulness attached.

Blessings.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by tonyashburton: 7:56am On Jul 29, 2021
It's a mature male Southern forest elephant.
The relevant authorities should do the needful to protect its habitat.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by tonyashburton: 7:58am On Jul 29, 2021
Oluwa give you abundant blessings there.
Militant30:

See this one,una don chop snake sotey una think Andoni people dey chop everything.
We for Andoni value this elephants well well we no need am for peppersoup because we want our children to children to come and see them.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by tonyashburton: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2021
The only thing in your brain is meat. Ok when you kill and eat it what happens next? Hungry bastard.
Asquare84:

1 Like

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Faithti(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2021
there are many elephants in andoni even in the thickest part of some ogoni forest but due to growing population and oil spill its making them go extint one by one.

1 Like

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by enedo: 8:11am On Jul 29, 2021
Hmmmmmm, it's alllllrrrright.
Two things are Involve.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by LucemFerre: 8:12am On Jul 29, 2021
Worst mistake of its life
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by LucemFerre: 8:13am On Jul 29, 2021
Asquare84:

Ode
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Adewale1603(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2021
UDOKABESTLUV:

How Is it a bad news?
because i can see the future of that elephant in a pot of soup very soon.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Uzomacharles: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2021
UDOKABESTLUV:

Why Do You Say That Bro?
Unusual Things Are Becoming Usual these days
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by chubbyman(m): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2021
This is definitely a forest elephant from the forward and straight way the tusk is,must a male too,so most likely there's a heard moving around somewhere around those areas
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by sterlingD(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2021
overdrive:
Very risky step by the elephant.
Honestly make them leave that elephant alone o. The elephant dey mind m business una go dey find am. Nature is monitoring that elephant with 10D
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Mode4: 9:04am On Jul 29, 2021
SimplyFacts:
The elephant looks African, but how do I believe that place is Ikuru town? Coz there are too many false news these days.

There are elephants in Andoni and neighbouring communities. My lecturer, Prof. Akani who is a wildlife and conservation Biologist has said it many times during my Msc.

3 Likes

Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by gbengaadeleye12: 9:42am On Jul 29, 2021
they will soon kill that elephant. it make wrong turn.
UDOKABESTLUV:
Update From . COM

An elephant was spotted in Ikuru town in Andoni Local Government Area of Rivers State on Wednesday, July 28, Reports.

It was gathered by , that the elephant came out of the forest briefly and went back in.

"In Ikuru Town Andoni, today witnessed how nature unveiled its deposit, was beautiful. Ikuru Town home of tourism" one Godwin Omayi who Notified On Facebook, wrote.

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Yankee101: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2021
Over poaching

Single solo elephants are rare in the wild

Let's preserve ALL of God's creation
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by mordred44: 10:23am On Jul 29, 2021
Bush meat is ready
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by lascos912(m): 10:32am On Jul 29, 2021
Op abeg give me the real detail for the address me and my brother won go check something there
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Invitationn: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2021
overdrive:
Very risky step by the elephant.
Very very.
The tusks are still intact.
I bet poachers have set out for this elephant already.
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Luxurydriverng: 11:11am On Jul 29, 2021
I need thoes tusks grin
Re: Elephant Spotted In Andoni Local Government In Rivers State by Truvelisback(m): 11:35am On Jul 29, 2021
With the rate of serious hunger in country, the life of the elephant is at risk grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Elephant Spotted In Oyo State (Photos) / 50 Million Cannibal Crabs Shut Down Roads In Australia (Pictures, Video) / Lion Attacks & Drags A Man Who Entered His Cage In South Africa (photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.