Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout (26816 Views)

Messi Returns To Argentina Squad After Three-Month Ban / Lionel Messi Returns To Barcelona After Argentina's Loss To Venezuela (Photos) / Lionel Messi Returns To Argentina Squad For First Time Since World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by KingDash: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2021
this guy no shame.. them plant him placenta for this club..ronaldo and neymar na the only GOAT I know.
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by Roon9(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2021
GOAT!!! What a man
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by Roon9(m): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
Guru1111:
shocked
The most over hyped midget I've ever known since I started cultivating pubic hair..

Eibar man go rather die for spain than come to England wey defenders no tay get respect for senior man lipsrsealed

Very very dry
Penaldo fan pon this

2 Likes

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by Thelife: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2021
Freebandz365:
Good morning nairalanders

I sell Airtel data at affordable rate

1k=4.5gb
2k=10gb

Please patronize me.
WhatsApp number 08082077444

Thanks and God bless ��

For how many days?
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by uchaymart(m): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2021
OChimex:
I doubt he will take a pay cut. tongue . This might just be what they want the media and La Liga to believe so that they evade the legal tussle with Laliga.

Greedy Messi who had been signing short contracts to demand outrageous wages any time his contract is renewed will now take 50% cut?? grin a big joke.

What I think is, Messi is paid 250k officially, and then 300k, unofficially.....

There is massive corruption is Barca, and Soccer in general. Sep Blatter was a case study...
You are welcome my genius .
Before I opened this thread, I said this in my head already

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by MITCHELL96: 1:51pm On Jul 29, 2021
ATEAMS:
WoW ..

More like Drugs Money

Imagine as a G boy ....

You cashing out such amount on a weekly basis.....

Omooh Hush Puppy

Will b a good boy to you and remain your booi

I swear, Football money is the new blood money ooo grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by Freebandz365: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thelife:

For how many days?

30days
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by ObaKlaz: 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2021
Xiaomi1:
Ronaldo is the best. Suicide is an option if you disagree.
Lol. grin grin grin

Messi is winning his 7th Ballon d'Or soon. Suicide is an option if you disagree.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by techWriter1: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Ballertino , Abeg make summer began jare
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by 123readygo: 2:03pm On Jul 29, 2021
Stop making outlandish and unverified insinuations. With that new contract, messi has two years to play for Baca and retire (play the remaining three years) in MLS, in America.
He will be paid by Baca and the MLS club of his chosen for the said three years. Its a win win situation for both parties.

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by Karleb(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2021
Beancounter94:

I doubt any club would want to buy Messi now, at high prices than what Barca is offering (unless it is the USA, or one of those Gulf oil leagues...)

Messi is 34 this year. Once you pass 30, clubs in Europe look at you one kind (Arsenal keeps its over 30 year old players on one year contracts, renewable at the end of the year, and yes, it included people like Bergkamp for example)

Family wise, he has also put down roots in Barca. Last thing he wats to do is start uprooting kids and moving them from somewhere they know too well. (People like Tevez got around that by keeping his family in Argentina while he moved from club to club tho..that's something he messi can do.)

@34 Ronaldo was signed for £100m

A flop like Hazard was signed for £160m

Messi is a free agent. Even Chelsea would pay him £700k weekly if he decides to join.

This move is just cowardice. The family excuse won't fly. He could have as well stayed at Argentina if he doesn't want to move.

The wage cut is an embarrassment and insult to a player Messi's caliber.

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by zudozz: 2:11pm On Jul 29, 2021
who dey write this thing?

Messi no agree any 50% pay cut.

Abeg write correct news with accurate information.

You wan pay Messi £250k-A-Week?

How much Timo Wener dey earn?

How much De Gea n Pogba dey earn?

U say Messi wan dey collect £250k-A-Week?

Na wa ooh!

The best player in the world?

Una dey report dust!

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by sameks08(m): 2:14pm On Jul 29, 2021
football is messi and messi is football

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by youngvito: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
Thats over 300 million naira a week, what assets does Obi cubana have that would fetch him that sort of money in 7 days? Yall should stop this obi cubana madness, we are talking leonel messi here!!!!
Grandmasteer:
wahoo.. £500,000 a week... even dem obi Cubana no fit earn that amount a week.. certainly my child must be a football, grace fit reach him sidegrin
at a cheap price DM me for your logo and flyer design

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by ThierryJay: 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2021
Karleb:

@34 Ronaldo was signed for £100m

A flop like Hazard was signed for £160m

Messi is a free agent. Even Chelsea would pay him £700k weekly if he decides to join.

This move is just cowardice. The family excuse won't fly. He could have as well stayed at Argentina if he doesn't want to move.

The wage cut is an embarrassment and insult to a player Messi's caliber.

Bros I am tempted to say that like Jon snow, you know nothing, but that's on a lighter note. The wage cut was just to fulfill all righteousness so that Barca can meet La liga's wages threshold, it has nothing to do with how Barca value Messi and most importantly there are other indirect ways Messi gets to be compensated for the apparent official reduction.

For example, the revised contract allows Messi to leave Barca after 2 years for elsewhere but will still get paid by Barca for the remaining 3 years he wouldn't play for while still collecting wages from whichever club he goes during same period. There are also some other subtle compensating clauses incorporated in the new arrangement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by sonofElElyon: 2:20pm On Jul 29, 2021
Grandmasteer:
wahoo.. £500,000 a week... even dem obi Cubana no fit earn that amount a week.. certainly my child must be a football, grace fit reach him sidegrin

I reject it for your child
grin
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by sonofElElyon: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
youngvito:
Thats over 300 million naira a week, what assets does Obi cubana have that would fetch him that sort of money in 7 days? Yall should stop this obi cubana madness, we are talking leonel messi here!!!!

You are both saying same thing.. no disagreement here
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by complexBoss12: 2:21pm On Jul 29, 2021
OChimex:
I doubt he will take a pay cut. tongue . This might just be what they want the media and La Liga to believe so that they evade the legal tussle with Laliga.

Greedy Messi who had been signing short contracts to demand outrageous wages any time his contract is renewed will now take 50% cut?? grin a big joke.

What I think is, Messi is paid 250k officially, and then 300k, unofficially.....

There is massive corruption is Barca, and Soccer in general. Sep Blatter was a case study...

for your mind you're an investigative journalist, lmao...

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by Goalnaldo(m): 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2021
And the legend of the EibarMan continues grin A goat that is afraid of challenges can never be my goat.
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by okhaiii(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2021
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by complexBoss12: 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Karleb:

Imagine if your current employer wants to cut your salary by half and there are other companies willing to pay you any amount based on your level of experience and also ready to build their team around you.

What would you do?

Imagine if you were born with a growth deficiency, every one rejected you because you were small. Then someone picked you up, spent good money to place you on special diet and drugs. Gave you and your family a home. Gave you opportunity to realise your dreams and on top of that, made you rich beyond rich.

Are you going to be concerned about money or loyalty??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by anochuko01(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2021
Xiaomi1:
shut up. The option is free, stop crying.

I just pray jamb offers you admission next year so that you can at least have hope of a better tomorrow.

Sorry ehn

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by donforeign: 2:30pm On Jul 29, 2021
Guru1111:
shocked
The most over hyped midget I've ever known since I started cultivating pubic hair..

Eibar man go rather die for spain than come to England wey defenders no tay get respect for senior man lipsrsealed

What have you achieved as the tallest man in your family?
Ode

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by donforeign: 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
ATEAMS:
WoW ..

More like Drugs Money

Imagine as a G boy ....

You cashing out such amount on a weekly basis.....

Omooh Hush Puppy

Will b a good boy to you and remain your booi

Keep dreaming
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by ezechi24(m): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2021
Guru1111:
shocked

Hahahahah...a pained man u fan....I bet you don't know he is the highest goal scorrer against the top 6 English teams....I respect ronaldo a lot...but hr hasn't scored half of the goals messi scored against the top English teams despite not playing I English soil...now thats alien like na?..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by ObaKlaz: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2021
Goalnaldo:
And the legend of the EibarMan continues grin A goat that is afraid of challenges can never be my goat.
They bought Penaldo AKA Crotone Man, Spezia Man, Latvia & Andorra Man to win them the CL. Instead, Spezia Man only focused on winning Dubai d'Or for himself! cheesy cheesy grin

A goat that almost took his team to Europa league for a new challenge can never be the GOAT for true lovers of football.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by GoodIsGod: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2021
Grandmasteer:

The love of money is the root of evil. See as you dey curse your child because of money.
How will your child be a football ?

If e go be football let it be leather one o.

The plastic football (Omolere) is not good o.

grin
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by peppermint7(m): 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2021
Xiaomi1:
Ronaldo is the best. Suicide is an option if you disagree.
E pain you reach this stage?

1 Like

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by ezechi24(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Jonah507:
Deputy GOAT

Everyone knows CR7 is the real GOAT!

Not everyone bro...only man u fans..real Madrid fans and some unfortunate people messi indirectly or directly destroyed their teams....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by ezechi24(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2021
Jonah507:
Deputy GOAT

Everyone knows CR7 is the real GOAT!

Not everyone bro...only man u fans..real Madrid fans and some unfortunate people messi indirectly or directly destroyed their teams....even Ferguson knows mess I is the best.
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by benqo01(m): 2:43pm On Jul 29, 2021
Am just tired of this guy....mtcheewww
Re: Messi Returns To Barcelona Agree To £250k-A-Week 5-Year Deal, Sign 50% Paycout by twinke209(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2021
OChimex:

he has never been greedy, if he was there are clubs that will pay him more than what his earning in Barcelona, mind you Barcelona and La liga are gaining from him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Has Now Scored Against All Serie A Teams / Silva: Why Didn't Hypocritical Messi Cry During Chelsea Or Madrid Controversies / Mikel Will Earn N607m Yearly At Trabzonspor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.