Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,264 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 AM

Help With Edo Language - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help With Edo Language (1751 Views)

Can anyone explain what these mean in Edo Language? Thank you. / Edo Language Now Compulsory In Edo Schools / Need Help With The Edo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help With Edo Language by omoge5634: 12:22am On May 15, 2011
Hi there,

Is there anybody who can tell me what "omona ehenvmen"means ?

Your help is appreciated. cool
Re: Help With Edo Language by honeric02: 12:29am On May 15, 2011
First and foremost, there's nothing like Edo language, rather what we have is Bini language okay?

Answer to your question is : A child that does not hear word

A stubborn child

A disobedient child

Hope these help?
Re: Help With Edo Language by omoge5634: 11:15pm On May 15, 2011
Sorry bout that,realized my mistake after i posted my msg.
Thanks for helpin out though.
Re: Help With Edo Language by PhysicsMHD(m): 1:08am On May 17, 2011
honeric02:

First and foremost, there's nothing like Edo language, rather what we have is Bini language okay?

A stubborn child

A disobedient child

Hope these help?

??

The language is called Edo.
Re: Help With Edo Language by bokohalal(m): 3:16am On May 17, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

??

The language is called Edo.

Quite correct!
Re: Help With Edo Language by wetobe(f): 9:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
Can someone translate this into the english language, Solih wasaleem robil' allamon jah'liwarah bi kitabin nuhrin sayeedihnah mustofa muhamod wallali wasobih ajmo hin
Re: Help With Edo Language by Novbiedo: 1:55am On Jan 01, 2012
honeric02:

A stubborn child

A disobedient child

Hope these help?

What do you mean? Where did you get your idea from?, the word Bini is a European term used to refer to the Edo people in the present Edo south district of Edo-state. We are simply Edo not Binis, if we should go in the direction of what is and what isn't.
Re: Help With Edo Language by StarFlux: 1:26am On Feb 25, 2012
Could anyone help me clarify something. I see there's a wide range of Edoid languages, are some of these similar to Edo (bini), would a person speaking bini (I know the language is called Edo, but so it appears in a clearer context) be able to understand some of them? And are there dialects within bini?

I have also seen eh/éh for he/she instead of o. Are these simply co-existing words or used in a different context? Understand my confusion, I have not come very far in learning the language. I am currently working on getting books.

(1) (Reply)

. / Africans: Was Any Of Your Family Taken As Slaves To Haiti, Jamaica, America Etc / Èṣú Is Not Satan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.