Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal (38202 Views)

Five (5) Simple Career Lessons I Learnt From Hilda - Odewale Adesoye (Green Man) / MAKE THAT CAREER SWITCH TO HR WITH CERTIFICATION EDGE? / 10 Important Career Lessons Most People Learn Too Late In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2021
referendum01:

Just wondering who is the plain stupid one here.
You are even more stupid than him to ask that question.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Hassanmaye(m): 2:35pm On Jul 30, 2021
c2far:
Your personality should be a major deciding factor before you choose a career. If you love wealth there are certain career paths you can't choose. Not because you won't be wealthy, it is because you have a lower chance to and again there is a bigger chance you may get tempted.

Imagine a young lecturer saying he or she wants to be as wealthy as Dangote. Chances are that your case will be like that of the NECO/JAMB man, Dibu Ojerinde.

You can't be a Police Officer and be as ostentatious as Kyari. Check his Facebook timeline. That picture of him and his brothers puts the latter at risk. That profession does not fit that lifestyle. Imagine seeing my Imam that loves comedy always liking the posts of Mr. Macaroni. He can only enjoy the posts privately.

You know you have a weakness for women and you are a lecturer in the School of Social Sciences. Even criminals who want to stay undetected stay off social media but then they can't help it sometimes. If you love to be in informal dresses, there are certain profession that will be hard for you to fit in. I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk. There are written and unwritten code for every profession. Kyari erred.

He saw my Kaftan and liked it.... Are you normal at all Kyari? (In Macaroni's voice). We loved the idea that there was our own Jack Bauer somewhere but then it seems all is lost now.

Don't just get a job because you need one. Get one that fits. And stay with the code. We spend over 12 hours daily on our work. It's our life. Choose wisely.
True

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by apacheguy: 2:45pm On Jul 30, 2021
c2far:
Your personality should be a major deciding factor before you choose a career. If you love wealth there are certain career paths you can't choose. Not because you won't be wealthy, it is because you have a lower chance to and again there is a bigger chance you may get tempted.

Imagine a young lecturer saying he or she wants to be as wealthy as Dangote. Chances are that your case will be like that of the NECO/JAMB man, Dibu Ojerinde.

You can't be a Police Officer and be as ostentatious as Kyari. Check his Facebook timeline. That picture of him and his brothers puts the latter at risk. That profession does not fit that lifestyle. Imagine seeing my Imam that loves comedy always liking the posts of Mr. Macaroni. He can only enjoy the posts privately.

You know you have a weakness for women and you are a lecturer in the School of Social Sciences. Even criminals who want to stay undetected stay off social media but then they can't help it sometimes. If you love to be in informal dresses, there are certain profession that will be hard for you to fit in. I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk. There are written and unwritten code for every profession. Kyari erred.

He saw my Kaftan and liked it.... Are you normal at all Kyari? (In Macaroni's voice). We loved the idea that there was our own Jack Bauer somewhere but then it seems all is lost now.

Don't just get a job because you need one. Get one that fits. And stay with the code. We spend over 12 hours daily on our work. It's our life. Choose wisely.

I've been looking for words to describes my thoughts about choosing a career that fits but I don't know how to craft my wordings, you crafted them the way i loved, though i would have preferred you go deeper.

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by jonnypie(m): 2:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:
"I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk".

You are just plain stupid, I say this with zero apology.

Funke leave him is okay ...
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Roon9(m): 2:49pm On Jul 30, 2021
post=104248210:
Abba Kyari we love you as a good cop.
We love you for bringing to an end the reign of all the bad guys in this nation, from the baddest kidnapper in the history of Nigeria, to terrorists, to high end armed robbers and criminals,
Yes, we love and thank you all for all these good works,
But for this indictment and juxtaposition with fraud,
Kindly come out to do the needful by clearing your name or else, you will lose the respect of those of us that see you as our super policeman.
Hand over yourself to FBI and clear your name right here, right now CSP Abba.

We will continue to wait for the outcome of everything at the end.

We aren't rising for now....
We will chill for the IGP review and hold.to to their promise of communicatingto the members of the public after their investigation...

We will be waiting,
Y'all should just make it fast fast!

All of us @MANNA say NO to all MANNER of Fraudulent activities and crime in our darling nation.
That is the CHANGE we voted for.

May God punish ALL looters, fraudsters and criminals in Nigeria, wherever and whoever they are.

You'd be eternally remembered as a perpetual supporter of thieves, bandits & corrupt individuals.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by khadaffi(m): 2:50pm On Jul 30, 2021
kingzjay:
So you're saying Kyari is a synonym for Fraud?

But this life ehn....he was busy chasing criminals like he was a saint

See .. any police officer that is associated with or once worked in SARS department is a criminal pure and simple!

3 Likes

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by ajl: 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
Esu, yoruba deity for Justice, probably called some other names in other cultures have a way of bringing people to shame and justice. If truly this Kyari guy committed those crimes he is accused of, and more so more grave atrocities back home in Nigeria, he will never escape this. Esu is one who fight the cause of the innocent, that even the innocent will be fearful for the life of the suspect. When the innocent drop tears, Esu cry blood. Master of the crossroads, that fool the suspect to make the most glaringly stupid decisions, sometimes to give the suspect a air of invincibility. But Esu is just preparing his next move to make the suspect drop from his/her high horse to a deep valley of shame and judgement. Imagine Kyari using his mobile phone to directly communicate with Hushpuppi. Didn't he use the same item to track down other criminals he arrested? Boss get boss.

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 30, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Truth be told, Abba kyari never seem to have intention of corruption from his psychological looks, but Nigeria have a corrupt police organization which will be very difficult for the upright to succeed in it.
The average Police man is currupt because the institution is corrupt.

In fact you can't get a higher rank as an officer in the police force if you have integrity.

We've had cases where good officers get shot just because they refuse to ply the highway!!

And who should we blame for this? Politicians!

These guys are day light criminals with and unending gread to cripple our the country.

Which then reflects the actual image of the average NIGERIAN! I'm not excluded!
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by AchalugoNwa(f): 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Truth be told, Abba kyari never seem to have intention of corruption from his psychological looks, but Nigeria have a corrupt police organization which will be very difficult for the upright to succeed in it.
na lie

Remember Abba na former SARS OC
Sars is the most corrupt division in Nigeria Police

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by rita25(f): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2021
MR OP WHO TOLD YOU A DR CANT DO DREDS HOW MYOPIC OF YOU........ embarassed
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 30, 2021
Na Kanuri man fathers of Boko Haram their mind dey one kind
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by FakeUnity: 3:35pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:
"I can't go to the hospital and then I am told the doctor is the best but he is on dreads.... I'll not risk it. I'll take a walk".

Stop deceiving yourself, In nigeria, even a yahoo boy on dreadlocks would not submit himself to a 'Surgeon' on dreadlocks wearing sagging pencil trousers for an eye surgery.

Die it!

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Bigpat: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2021
Media trial, has he already been judged? You the judge, how good are you? It is on record that he might have stepped on some useless, stupid and thiefing toes. It is one thing to allege, another to prove. Who knows, he may come out clean. Most people expecting his downfall are mostly big-time criminals
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Kaodek(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
FakeUnity:

Stop deceiving yourself, In nigeria, even a yahoo boy on dreadlocks would not submit himself to a 'Surgeon' on dreadlocks wearing sagging pencil trousers for an eye surgery.

Die it!
Don’t mind the hypocrite and his supporters, the guy addressed the issue as a Nigerian, and with his well written words, all they could see is Doctors on dreadlocks , I guess they are pained BMCs

3 Likes

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by DissTroy(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2021
ObiOfOnistha:
Nonsense! You blame-shifters would never take responsibility for your actions. Nigeria corrupted him? There are millions of Nigerians who are choosing to stay upright even when opportunities to commit crime present themselves easily.

Folks like you justify fraud and physical abuse too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by vickydevoka(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2021
CamusMidas:

Exactly. He failed on dis one. Bcus my guy for u s Dr plait hair, n he is a doctor
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by emonis88: 4:07pm On Jul 30, 2021
Afriqan:

Your point and intent is well understood but you also erred by saying a lecturer can't be wealthier than Dangote. If he applies the necessary principles and runs a business, he can be far wealthier and greater than Dangote.

Also saying medical doctors can't wear dreads- that's clearly a function of your current location. Sick people (those who are actually sick) don't have much of a choice on their sick beds, they just want to get better and usually would appreciate anyone who is available to treat them.

Beautiful points, nevertheless. Shalom.
When a lecturer runs a business as big as dangote group , do think he il continue lecturing? And don't say he il employ cable hands, guy they il steal him blind n run d business down , so no carry that one come.

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by olamoses75(m): 4:15pm On Jul 30, 2021
c2far:

infact that man (kyari) shouldn't have said anything, saying something like " he saw a dress on my page and like it, then send money to help him get it" makes him look so dull for his profession. Imagine how Americans will be looking at Nigerian, those people would think every Nigerian is dumb, if a whole DCP could made such statements to defend himself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Kayzna(m): 4:17pm On Jul 30, 2021
Educative
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Chrisgod001(m): 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
Please don't mind his myopic mindset
CamusMidas:

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by ceejay10(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2021
osuofia2:
KYARI IS CONING OUT STRONGER AND BETTER. THOSE NONSENSE MEDIAL TRIAL SHOULD STOP. ALLEGATION IS NOT FINAL VERDICT .
ofcos he is "coning" his way out stronger. Iti buri bo.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by datopaper(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2021
Truth talk
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Broadenyourhori: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2021
c2far:

I beg to differ!. This is a typical example of "Judging a book by its cover". The fact that you are Police officer or a doctor in dreads does not mean that you do not have a life outside your profession. Every professional has its code of ethics. Kyari is a high ranking officer and i am pretty sure he achieved that through HARD work.

In as much as i don't condone crime in any form, I think it is too early to condemn anyone. He is a Police officer and should fully understand what is coming next. The onus is on him to prove to the world that he is innocent. I have seen a lot of handicapped doctors who are experts in their fields. I can be a doctor and be heavily tattooed same way the best female student can be a slay queen!
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jul 30, 2021
emonis88:

When a lecturer runs a business as big as dangote group , do think he il continue lecturing? And don't say he il employ cable hands, guy they il steal him blind n run d business down , so no carry that one come.

If a medical doctor goes into oil and gas and makes billions, isn't he still a qualified medical doctor? Likewise a PhD holder who started out as a lecturer. That doesn't change his academic and professional title, so you need to understand things better.

One can start as a lecturer and evolve into a full-blown entrepreneur, so that's what I am talking about. And if he still loves lecturing, it's still possible to take high level classes at top institutions.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Haliraph(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2021
All have sin and fallen short of the glory of God.
Everybody in Nigeria is corrupt in one way or the other, including the pastors and imams. The system etiquettes are built on corruption.
What do you expect when the world is running a monetary value system.
Nigeria especially.
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Polynek(m): 5:16pm On Jul 30, 2021
Making Sense
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by thecommunist(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2021
Rev 13:10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity and he that killeth by the sword must be killed by the sword, here is the patience and faith of the saints.
Very soon, the end will come for this evil regime and justice will be served for all the evils committed by the band of Fulani marauder with tacit support from their Patron and supporters!
Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by teabully(m): 5:36pm On Jul 30, 2021
c2far:

Damn, what a wise, healthy write up. Retrospective!!

1 Like

Re: Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal by Olibboy: 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2021
Sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

High Cost Of Living: How Much Do You Earn Monthly And How Much Do You Spend / 7 Ways Low Income Earners Can Make The Most Out Of Their Earnings. / Police Officer Cries And Shouts During Teargas Training(photos/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.