Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? (4591 Views)

Is Melchizedek God / Who Really Is Melchizedek? / Tithe:"priesthood Of Melchizedek" Was A Fabricated Lie Ever Sold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2021
Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3CTkXnOS1g

From about 31mins:
Melchizedek was not Jesus Christ for the following reasons:
1. He lived when Abraham had contact with the pre-incarnate Christ
Gen. 12:1 - "Now the LORD (Yahweh) said to Abraham,...."
Ex. 3:2 - "The Angel of the LORD appeared to him..."
Ex. 3:6 "He said "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob". Then Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God".
Ex. 3:13 - "Then Moses said to God...."
Ex. 3:14 - "And God said to Moses "I am who I am"; and he said "You shall say this to the Israelites, 'I am has sent me to you' ".
Jesus used the same title:
Jn.8: 56-59 - "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day. He saw it and was delighted. Then the Jews said to him, "You are not even fifty years old, and you claim to have seen Abraham?". Jesus replied, "I assure you and most solemnly say to you, before Abraham was born, I am".
Therefore they picked up stones to throw at him .....

2. Melchizedek was a man
a) Hebrews 7: 4
b) Jesus Christ was not a man prior to his incarnation. Jn. 1:15, Jn. 1:1

3. a) Melchizedek was mortal
b) Jesus Christ was immortal Heb. 1:12

4. a) Melchizedek was a localized and a physical king of a city.
b) The pre-incarnate Christ was never localized.

5. a) Jesus Christ, the Great 'I Am', the Jehovah God, the Angel of the LORD, spoke to Abraham before he had war with the 5 kings. Gen. 12:1 - "Now the LORD had said to Abram ..."
b) Moses confirmed that Jesus had an encounter with Abraham. Ex. 3:2 & 6, Gen. 12:1
c) The Angel of the LORD is Jesus Christ who met Abraham in the Ur of the Chaldeans - Gen. 12:1. Abraham met Jesus in the Ur of the Chaldeans. Few months later he met Melchizedek in Salem. The person Abraham met in Ur could not be the same person who was already residing in Salem.

Therefore on the basis of these facts, we are forced to reject the notion that Melchizedek was Jesus Christ. He was like him, but he was not Jesus Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Jul 30, 2021
sagenaija:
Who Is Melchizedek - Jesus Christ

5. a) Jesus Christ, the Great 'I Am', the Jehovah God, the Angel of the LORD, spoke to Abraham before he had war with the 5 kings. Gen. 12:1 - "Now the LORD had said to Abram ..."

b) Moses confirmed that Jesus had an encounter with Abraham. Ex. 3:2 & 6, Gen. 12:1

c) The Angel of the LORD is Jesus Christ who met Abraham in the Ur of the Chaldeans - Gen. 12:1. Abraham met Jesus in the Ur of the Chaldeans. Few months later he met Melchizedek in Salem. The person Abraham met in Ur could not be the same person who was already residing in Salem.

Therefore on the basis of these facts, we are forced to reject the notion that Melchizedek was Jesus Christ. He was like him, but he was not Jesus Christ.
Your Number 5 is confusing. undecided

What does 5a mean? undecided
How exactly did moses confirm what you claim in 5b? undecided
How did we arrive at the conclusion that Jesus Christ is an angel of the Lord as suggested in 5c? undecided
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 7:56am On Jul 31, 2021
BassReeves:
Hebrews 7:3
'Without [any record of] father or mother, nor ancestral line,
without [any record of] beginning of days (birth) nor ending of life (death),
but having been made like the Son of God, he remains a priest without interruption and without successor.
'

Melchizedek was the king of Salem and priest of El Elyon aka Most High God

Now wrt to 'who has no father or mother no end of days', what that means is that there was no trace of records of his birth and death. Unlike Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour of the world, Melchizedek's genealogy and/or pedigree is not official known. The Melchizedek priesthood unlike the Levitical Priesthood has no record line of descent, and so the priesthood is unique, so aside the fact that his name Melchizedek , means king of righteousness and king of Salem means king of peace the other similar Apostle Paul was drumming up here was that Melchizedek's priesthood was unique, just as the Priesthood of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the world, is unique, and unlike the Levitical priesthood that the Israelites or Jews are accustomed to, familiar with or even used to

Melchizedek definitely had a father, had a mother, did die, but there arent any official records of this. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence of his father, mother or no end of days.

Nope. Melchizedek is not talking about being God because if you carefully, closely and correctly read the bible, you'll have noticed that the operative word used in Hebrews 7:3 was resembling. Resemble means look or seem like, it doesnt mean same.

Melchizedek is a human being and not God. Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour of the world, is a human being and God, in fact humanity and divinity

sagenaija:

Kobojunkie:
Your Number 5 is confusing. undecided

What does 5a mean? undecided
I AM, is a descriptor name of God. Remember God didnt even tell Moses, what personal name of God Moses should tell the Israelites, but instead God gave Moses an I AM I AM, descriptor name, when God told Moses:
I am the I AM, I AM (i.e. YHWH or Yahweh). I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by My name the I AM, I AM (i.e. YHWH or Yahweh) I did not make Myself known to them'.

Initially before the above, when Moses asked God who should he say sent him, if asked by the Israelites, God said to him, say, I AM that I AM sent you.

I AM, by the way, is an expression of words used for description or identification purposes. I AM, is used to describe someone, you use the two words to begin describe yourself, you used the two words to begin identify yourself, you se the words to begin say who you are etc

I AM, is the very centre of anyones individuality, hence why being used by the Godhead or God

Kobojunkie:
How exactly did Moses confirm what you claim in 5b? undecided
Jesus is God

Kobojunkie:
How did we arrive at the conclusion that Jesus Christ is an angel of the Lord as suggested in 5c? undecided
The Angel of the Lord is God and vice versa. Jesus is God

1 Like

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:14am On Jul 31, 2021
Right on track!
But how can Jesus be the same person as Jehovah who SENT him? smiley

sagenaija:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3CTkXnOS1g

From about 31mins:
Melchizedek was not Jesus Christ for the following reasons:
1. He lived when Abraham had contact with the pre-incarnate Christ
Gen. 12:1 - "Now the LORD (Yahweh) said to Abraham,...."
Ex. 3:2 - "The Angel of the LORD appeared to him..."
Ex. 3:6 "He said "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob". Then Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God".
Ex. 3:13 - "Then Moses said to God...."
Ex. 3:14 - "And God said to Moses "I am who I am"; and he said "You shall say this to the Israelites, 'I am has sent me to you' ".
Jesus used the same title:
Jn.8: 56-59 - "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day. He saw it and was delighted. Then the Jews said to him, "You are not even fifty years old, and you claim to have seen Abraham?". Jesus replied, "I assure you and most solemnly say to you, before Abraham was born, I am".
Therefore they picked up stones to throw at him .....

2. Melchizedek was a man
a) Hebrews 7: 4
b) Jesus Christ was not a man prior to his incarnation. Jn. 1:15, Jn. 1:1

3. a) Melchizedek was mortal
b) Jesus Christ was immortal Heb. 1:12

4. a) Melchizedek was a localized and a physical king of a city.
b) The pre-incarnate Christ was never localized.

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2021
sagenaija:

Therefore on the basis of these facts, we are forced to reject the notion that Melchizedek was Jesus Christ. He was like Him, but he was not Jesus Christ.

MaxInDHouse:
Right on track! smiley
I second that, and more the reason why I liked the post

MaxInDHouse:
It is because its the stuff that the Godhead or God is made up of. Doing something like that is impossible for human beings to do, but with God it is not impossible.
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:26am On Jul 31, 2021
In as much as my post wasn't directed to you i never expected any response from you but since you chose to reply i'll tell you my own opinion on the matter.

There has always been two (not three) persons from the beginning, the two persons are JEHOVAH the Almighty God and Michael Jehovah's only begotten Son!
In the Bible book of Genesis it seems as if God was talking to Himself but we later discovered that He was talking to His only begotten Son who was working beside Him like a master workman! Proverbs 8:30
Michael (Jesus) confirmed this when he said:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ" John 17:3

Here Jesus made it clear that everlasting life depends on how much we know about two persons (not three).
When Stephen was about to die he looked up to heaven and saw two persons (not three) {Act 7:56} under inspiration David saw two persons (not three) {Psalms 110:1} and when the born again Christians got to heaven they saw two persons (not three) Revelations 14:1

That's why i personally discard the teaching of any godhead because the word TRINITY is not found anywhere in the scriptures neither godhead until later when Trinitarians infused it in their translation!

Jehovah is one person {Deuteronomy 6:4} just as Jesus who is Archangel Michael or the angel of the Lord is one person. Where most people got confused is that JEHOVAH will not share His glory with anyone {Isaiah 42:8} so whenever He uses any of His messengers to accomplish anything He wants us to know that it's all His doing. That's why He often made it clear that the messenger coming in His name should be honoured the same way we would have honoured Him! Exodus 13:21 compare to 14:19

JEHOVAH is totally a different person from the messenger He sent (Jesus Christ) smiley

BassReeves:

I second that, and more the reason why I liked the post
It is because its the stuff that the Godhead or God is made up off. Doing something like that is impossible for human beings to do, but with God it is not impossible
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
In as much as my post wasn't directed to you i never expected any response from you ...
Its a matter of, if you wear a short enough skirt, the party will come to you.

MaxInDHouse:
... but since you chose to reply i'll tell you my own opinion on the matter.
You have the right to air your opinion. Just be mindful that opinions do and does change when faced with realities, truths and facts

I am sure that I'll disagree of quite a few of what you're about to say next, but it doesnt mean I will not defend to the death, your right to say each, any and/or all of them all.

MaxInDHouse:
There has always been two (not three) persons from the beginning, the two persons are JEHOVAH the Almighty God and Michael Jehovah's only begotten Son!
In the Bible book of Genesis it seems as if God was talking to Himself but we later discovered that He was talking to His only begotten Son who was working beside Him like a master workman! Proverbs 8:30
Michael (Jesus) confirmed this when he said:

"This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ" John 17:3

Here Jesus made it clear that everlasting life depends on how much we know about two persons (not three).
Genesis 1:1-3
'1In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep.
And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
3And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
'

Before God spoke, before God started creation, the Spirit of God (i.e. the creative energy) first did a reconnaissance, conducted a preliminary assessment and surveyed the options, from the beginning, the Spirit of God (i.e. the creative energy) provided the impetus to start, carry out and execute each and all the plan(s) of God from start to finish

The Spirit of God (i.e. the creative energy) is inseparable from the Godhead or God. The deepest part of God or the Godhead is His spirit and for man, it is the human spirit. Note that human spirit aka spirit man is distinct from the soul and even the carnal man aka the body.

Now, when interactions goes on with you and your spirit man, how do you perceive it? Do you visually see your spirit man, audibly hear your spirit man speak, have you ever physically touched your spirit man?

MaxInDHouse:
When Stephen was about to die he looked up to heaven and saw two persons (not three) {Act 7:56} under inspiration David saw two persons (not three) {Psalms 110:1} and when the born again Christians got to heaven they saw two persons (not three) Revelations 14:1
Psalm 110:1
'A Davidic psalm.
This is the declaration of the LORD (i.e. YHWH) to my Lord (i.e. Adon or Adonai):
” Sit at My right hand until I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
'

If you're not trying to say what the bible isnt saying then you'll know that David, in Psalm 110:1, did not explicitly say David physically saw two persons. As evident in the above verse, David did not see anything, but just heard one voice speak of one person

MaxInDHouse:
... and when the born again Christians got to heaven they saw two persons (not three) Revelations 14:1
Revelations 14:1
'Then I looked, and this is what I saw:
the Lamb stood [firmly established] on Mount Zion,
and with Him a hundred and forty-four thousand who had His name and His Father’s name inscribed on their foreheads
[signifying God’s own possession].
'

I do not see where in Revelations 14:1 above, how you've managed to read or see when born again Christians get to heaven they'll see two persons.

MaxInDHouse:
That's why i personally discard the teaching of any godhead because the word TRINITY is not found anywhere in the scriptures neither godhead until later when Trinitarians infused it in their translation!
The word, Godhead, has the same meaning as the other word, God, so there is no need for you to sweat over the word.

Where have you seen or read me on this thread or anywhere else exclusively advocate trilogy, trinity or even campaign on behalf of trinitarians, that you felt compelled to need to introduce the subject here?

MaxInDHouse:
Jehovah is one person {Deuteronomy 6:4} just as Jesus who is Archangel Michael or the angel of the Lord is one person. Where most people got confused is that JEHOVAH will not share His glory with anyone {Isaiah 42:8} so whenever He uses any of His messengers to accomplish anything He wants us to know that it's all His doing. That's why He often made it clear that the messenger coming in His name should be honoured the same way we would have honoured Him! Exodus 13:21 compare to 14:19
Deuteronomy 4:15-19
'15“So pay attention and watch yourselves carefully--for you did not see any form [of God] on the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire--
16so that you do not act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved or sculpted image [to worship] in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
17the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, or of any winged bird that flies in the sky,
18the likeness of anything that crawls on the ground, or of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth.
19And beware that you do not raise your eyes toward heaven and see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, and let yourselves be led astray and worship them and serve them, [mere created bodies] which the LORD your God has allotted to [serve and benefit] all the peoples under the whole heaven
'

John 4:24
'God is spirit [the Source of life, yet invisible to mankind],
and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
'

Exodus 33:20
'But He added,
You cannot see My face, for humans cannot see Me and live.”
'

It is within God's power to be I AM, aka YHWH, aka, the Tetragrammaton, verbalised as Yahweh or Jehovah who SENT Himself as the same person, to earth as Jesus Christ, the God Incarnate.

Note that, as much as you would love to believe, Jehovah, is not at all God's real name, but it is an artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai. God's personal name in fact and fyi, is unknown. Period.

Now, no human being can know God's personal name, but its not just that alone, no human being can physically see God. The means for overcoming the latter 'no human being can physically see God' problem or limitation has its solution in Jesus Christ, God Incarnate. We get to physically see God and live, by proxy, Jesus Christ (i.e. .... Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father John 14:9b)

How Jesus can be the same person as Jehovah who SENT Him you asked. Well, it is because its the stuff that God is made up of. Doing something like that is impossible for human beings to do, but with God it is not impossible. I am certain you arent trying to put limitations on God, in terms of insisting that with God it is impossible for God to have Jesus be the same person as God who SENT Him. Or are you?

MaxInDHouse:
JEHOVAH is totally a different person from the messenger He sent (Jesus Christ) smiley
Lets see how long you'll have the smiley face for
1. Can a human being visibly see God or aka JEHOVAH, the artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai?
2. If your answer to question 1 above, is Yes, then please state how and support your answer with biblical references

1 Like

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by 22jumpstreet: 11:10am On Jul 31, 2021
Psalms 110:4)

“A priest forever”
Psalms 110:4 states, “You are a priest forever after the manner of Melchizedek.” God considers David as being in special service or servant capacity to Himself.

This is expressed by the term “priest” being applied to David. However, he was not a priest in the manner of the priesthood of Aaron, but rather a priest of God, “after the manner of Melchizedek.” Genesis 14:18 describes Melchizedek as “king of Salem" and “priest of God Most High.” Melchizedek and David each ruled his people in accordance with God’s will as so to speak a priest-king.

The Hebrew term le‘olam, commonly rendered in English as “forever,” is not necessarily always synonymous with “eternal.” It is frequently used with the meaning “for a very long time,” or “for an indefinite period,” or, as in the verse under discussion, to indicate the normal life-span of an individual (cf. Exodus 21:6). The analogy between Melchizedek and David focuses on the king’s priestly role, it does not imply that Melchizedek was an eternal priest. Thus, “You are priest forever” means that David discharged certain priestly functions during his lifetime. We are informed that, on occasion, David wore the sacerdotal ephod (2 Samuel 6:14), “offered burnt-offerings and peace-offerings before the Lord” (2 Samuel 6:17-18) as was the right of all Israelites to do themselves or through a priestly surrogate and blessed the people (2 Samuel 6:12-19). That is David helped officiate in some capacity, but was not a priest in accordance with the Aaronic priesthood of the Torah. He was, as it were, a priest in the sense of a non-Torah dispensation, as was Melchizedek. At the dedication of the Temple, Solomon led the ceremony, offered sacrifices and prayers on behalf of the people (1 Kings cool.

It is not far-fetched to expect that the Messiah, when he comes, will exercise certain “priestly” prerogatives in the manner of David. But, this is not the same as the tendentious claims made by the author of the Letter to the Hebrews. In his interpretation of Psalm 110 the author of Hebrews alleges that Jesus is the subject of this psalm and is literally an eternal priest “according to the order of Melchizedek” (Hebrews 6:20). From this claim some Christians surmise that the priest-king was a manifestation of the pre-incarnate Jesus in human form. The author of Hebrews says referring to Melchizedek, priest-king of Salem: Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he abides a priest perpetually. (Hebrews 7:3)

The Scriptures contain no such misleading information. The absence of any reference to Melchizedek’s descent does not justify the extreme statement that he had “neither beginning of days nor end of life.” There is absolutely no biblical foundation for such a conclusion. Moreover, Melchizedek cannot be identified as an earlier manifestation of Jesus as so e Christians allege. If he was “made like the Son of God,” he could not actually be “the Son.” However, “having been made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually” is asserting that Melchizedek did not just typify Jesus, but was something more than a mere mortal. It appears that the author of Hebrews gives Melchizedek an existence not possible for a human being. If Melchizedek, without father, mother or genealogy, has “neither beginning of days nor end of life” and has “been made like the Son of God,” he must be an eternal being. But, at the same time, he could not be the pre-incarnate Jesus of Christian mythology.

Quaternary
The speculation of some Christians that Melchizedek was an angel is untenable. According to the author of Hebrews, Melchizedek could not have been an angel since angels are created beings and, as such, have a “beginning of days.” In Hebrews, Melchizedek is said to be without “beginning.” Elevated to the status of a divinity, Melchizedek is lifted to a level equal to the members of the Trinity. Thus, he becomes a fourth member of the Christian godhead, thereby replacing the Trinity with a Quaternary. This addition of Melchizedek to the Christian godhead to form a Quaternary, rather than a Trinity, is the only conclusion to be drawn from the information provided by the author of Hebrews.

Unlike Melchizedek, Jesus had a father, Joseph, a mother, Mary and a genealogy, as found in Matthew and Luke. Most significantly, the New Testament says that Jesus also had a beginning in time. According to Revelation, he was the first thing created by God, that is, “the beginning of the creation of God” (Revelation 3:14) and Matthew speaks of the “birth of Jesus Christ” (Matthew 1:18). Since Melchizedek is said to have been “made like the Son of God,” he could not be identical with Jesus who the New Testament calls “the Son of God” (e.g., Matthew 14:33). To be made like something does not mean it is that thing. Instead, it merely has certain similar characteristics. There are Christians who believe that Melchizedek was a manifestation of God in human form, but then, how could God the Father, be “made like the Son of God”? God cannot be made like anyone, nor can a father be considered to have been made like his son. Obviously, Melchizedek must be a completely distinct individual, different from either God or Jesus.

The author of Hebrews does not merely say that Melchizedek’s genealogy, father, and mother were not recorded in the Bible, but that he never had any ancestry, which an actual human being would have. Following the information found in the Letter to the Hebrews, what kind of being could he be? As indicated, Melchizedek is said to be without beginning and Jesus is said to have had a beginning. Therefore, while the two might have been conceived by some Christians as similar in some way since it is said that Melchizedek was “made like the Son of God,” the two represent two independent beings. They are said to be “made like” each other, which means they are not one and the same. What results is a fourth member of the Christian godhead. As mentioned above, what the author of Hebrews creates is a Quaternary instead of a Trinity.

The Aaronic priesthood and the “order of Melchizedek”
The author of Hebrews has misconstrued Psalm 110 as a reference to Jesus. The biblically unsound arguments presented are vain attempts to prove that Jesus was more than a mere mortal. It is maintained that Jesus did not have the Aaronic priesthood, but did possess the Melchizedek priesthood and thereby could offer up himself as a sacrifice. The claim that Jesus held a priesthood “according to the order of Melchizedek” is irrelevant to any discussion of sacrifice made under the Torah. It is the Torah that Jesus is said to have fulfilled and nullified by offering up himself (Hebrews 7:27). The so-called “better covenant” (Hebrews 7:22) allegedly instituted by Jesus and its accompanying everlasting Melchizedek priesthood have to do with Christian beliefs concerning Jesus after his death. A non-Aaronic order of priesthood has no relevancy to the requirements of the Torah. Moreover, what are the ordinances of the priestly “order of Melchizedek”?

The New Testament Jesus is a fraud
The New Testament claims that Jesus fulfilled and nullified the law by offering up himself as a sacrifice. According to the description it provides, this came about in a manner that runs counter to the Torah. Yet, the claim is made that everything Jesus did was in accordance with the Torah. This is a New Testament conundrum. To the rest of us, it is obvious that this New Testament claim has no basis in fact. Concerning the Messiah, God says: And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even My servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. And I the Lord will be their God. And My servant David prince among them; I the Lord have spoken. (Ezekiel 34:23-24) The Lord (Y-H-V-H) alone will be worshiped as God, while the Messiah, as the servant of God, lives with the people. God and the Messiah are not and cannot be equals, for it is God alone who gives the Messiah power to rule in that capacity as His appointed servant.
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by 22jumpstreet: 11:21am On Jul 31, 2021
After Abraham's victorious return from battle, we read:"Melchizedek the king of Salem brought out bread and wine, and he was a priest to the Most High God. And [Melchizedek] blessed him, and he said, "Blessed be Abram to the Most High God—Who possesses heaven and earth—and blessed be the Most High God, Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand." And [Abram] gave him a tithe from all."1

Who was this Melchizedek? What sort of priest was he, and why did Abraham give him a tithe?

Response:

Taken alone, this tiny anecdote does indeed seem strange. The Torah tells us nothing else about this man and his relationship to Abraham.

The ancient Targumim (Aramaic interpretive translations) identify Melchizedek as Shem—son of Noah. Shem was one of the links in the chain who transmitted the G‑dly traditions that originated with Adam. These traditions were carefully handed down from generation to generation, and Shem—who headed an academy—was a key conductor of these teachings. The Midrash tells us that he was so perfect and so spiritually advanced that he was born circumcised.

So why did the priesthood pass from him to Abraham's children? The Talmud explains that this happened as a result of his having blessed Abraham before blessing G‑d in the verses above. This is reflected in the only other place in Scripture where Melchizedek is mentioned: in Psalms 110:4, where we read, ". . . you are a priest forever because of the speech of Melchizedek." Because of Melchizedek's ill-chosen speech, the priesthood was taken from him and given to the seed of Abraham forever.
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 11:24am On Jul 31, 2021
22jumpstreet:
[s]Psalms 110:4)

“A priest forever”
Psalms 110:4 states, “You are a priest forever after the manner of Melchizedek.” God considers David as being in special service or servant capacity to Himself.

This is expressed by the term “priest” being applied to David. However, he was not a priest in the manner of the priesthood of Aaron, but rather a priest of God, “after the manner of Melchizedek.” Genesis 14:18 describes Melchizedek as “king of Salem" and “priest of God Most High.” Melchizedek and David each ruled his people in accordance with God’s will as so to speak a priest-king.

The Hebrew term le‘olam, commonly rendered in English as “forever,” is not necessarily always synonymous with “eternal.” It is frequently used with the meaning “for a very long time,” or “for an indefinite period,” or, as in the verse under discussion, to indicate the normal life-span of an individual (cf. Exodus 21:6). The analogy between Melchizedek and David focuses on the king’s priestly role, it does not imply that Melchizedek was an eternal priest. Thus, “You are priest forever” means that David discharged certain priestly functions during his lifetime. We are informed that, on occasion, David wore the sacerdotal ephod (2 Samuel 6:14), “offered burnt-offerings and peace-offerings before the Lord” (2 Samuel 6:17-18) as was the right of all Israelites to do themselves or through a priestly surrogate and blessed the people (2 Samuel 6:12-19). That is David helped officiate in some capacity, but was not a priest in accordance with the Aaronic priesthood of the Torah. He was, as it were, a priest in the sense of a non-Torah dispensation, as was Melchizedek. At the dedication of the Temple, Solomon led the ceremony, offered sacrifices and prayers on behalf of the people (1 Kings cool.

It is not far-fetched to expect that the Messiah, when he comes, will exercise certain “priestly” prerogatives in the manner of David. But, this is not the same as the tendentious claims made by the author of the Letter to the Hebrews. In his interpretation of Psalm 110 the author of Hebrews alleges that Jesus is the subject of this psalm and is literally an eternal priest “according to the order of Melchizedek” (Hebrews 6:20). From this claim some Christians surmise that the priest-king was a manifestation of the pre-incarnate Jesus in human form. The author of Hebrews says referring to Melchizedek, priest-king of Salem: Without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, he abides a priest perpetually. (Hebrews 7:3)

The Scriptures contain no such misleading information. The absence of any reference to Melchizedek’s descent does not justify the extreme statement that he had “neither beginning of days nor end of life.” There is absolutely no biblical foundation for such a conclusion. Moreover, Melchizedek cannot be identified as an earlier manifestation of Jesus as so e Christians allege. If he was “made like the Son of God,” he could not actually be “the Son.” However, “having been made like the Son of God, he remains a priest perpetually” is asserting that Melchizedek did not just typify Jesus, but was something more than a mere mortal. It appears that the author of Hebrews gives Melchizedek an existence not possible for a human being. If Melchizedek, without father, mother or genealogy, has “neither beginning of days nor end of life” and has “been made like the Son of God,” he must be an eternal being. But, at the same time, he could not be the pre-incarnate Jesus of Christian mythology.

Quaternary
The speculation of some Christians that Melchizedek was an angel is untenable. According to the author of Hebrews, Melchizedek could not have been an angel since angels are created beings and, as such, have a “beginning of days.” In Hebrews, Melchizedek is said to be without “beginning.” Elevated to the status of a divinity, Melchizedek is lifted to a level equal to the members of the Trinity. Thus, he becomes a fourth member of the Christian godhead, thereby replacing the Trinity with a Quaternary. This addition of Melchizedek to the Christian godhead to form a Quaternary, rather than a Trinity, is the only conclusion to be drawn from the information provided by the author of Hebrews.

Unlike Melchizedek, Jesus had a father, Joseph, a mother, Mary and a genealogy, as found in Matthew and Luke. Most significantly, the New Testament says that Jesus also had a beginning in time. According to Revelation, he was the first thing created by God, that is, “the beginning of the creation of God” (Revelation 3:14) and Matthew speaks of the “birth of Jesus Christ” (Matthew 1:18). Since Melchizedek is said to have been “made like the Son of God,” he could not be identical with Jesus who the New Testament calls “the Son of God” (e.g., Matthew 14:33). To be made like something does not mean it is that thing. Instead, it merely has certain similar characteristics. There are Christians who believe that Melchizedek was a manifestation of God in human form, but then, how could God the Father, be “made like the Son of God”? God cannot be made like anyone, nor can a father be considered to have been made like his son. Obviously, Melchizedek must be a completely distinct individual, different from either God or Jesus.

The author of Hebrews does not merely say that Melchizedek’s genealogy, father, and mother were not recorded in the Bible, but that he never had any ancestry, which an actual human being would have. Following the information found in the Letter to the Hebrews, what kind of being could he be? As indicated, Melchizedek is said to be without beginning and Jesus is said to have had a beginning. Therefore, while the two might have been conceived by some Christians as similar in some way since it is said that Melchizedek was “made like the Son of God,” the two represent two independent beings. They are said to be “made like” each other, which means they are not one and the same. What results is a fourth member of the Christian godhead. As mentioned above, what the author of Hebrews creates is a Quaternary instead of a Trinity.

The Aaronic priesthood and the “order of Melchizedek”
The author of Hebrews has misconstrued Psalm 110 as a reference to Jesus. The biblically unsound arguments presented are vain attempts to prove that Jesus was more than a mere mortal. It is maintained that Jesus did not have the Aaronic priesthood, but did possess the Melchizedek priesthood and thereby could offer up himself as a sacrifice. The claim that Jesus held a priesthood “according to the order of Melchizedek” is irrelevant to any discussion of sacrifice made under the Torah. It is the Torah that Jesus is said to have fulfilled and nullified by offering up himself (Hebrews 7:27). The so-called “better covenant” (Hebrews 7:22) allegedly instituted by Jesus and its accompanying everlasting Melchizedek priesthood have to do with Christian beliefs concerning Jesus after his death. A non-Aaronic order of priesthood has no relevancy to the requirements of the Torah. Moreover, what are the ordinances of the priestly “order of Melchizedek”?

The New Testament Jesus is a fraud
The New Testament claims that Jesus fulfilled and nullified the law by offering up himself as a sacrifice. According to the description it provides, this came about in a manner that runs counter to the Torah. Yet, the claim is made that everything Jesus did was in accordance with the Torah. This is a New Testament conundrum. To the rest of us, it is obvious that this New Testament claim has no basis in fact. Concerning the Messiah, God says: And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even My servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. And I the Lord will be their God. And My servant David prince among them; I the Lord have spoken. (Ezekiel 34:23-24) The Lord (Y-H-V-H) alone will be worshiped as God, while the Messiah, as the servant of God, lives with the people. God and the Messiah are not and cannot be equals, for it is God alone who gives the Messiah power to rule in that capacity as His appointed servant.[/s]
Instead of this copy and paste, dont you think well enough of yourself to consider your thoughts, develop and produce it here in your own words?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 11:26am On Jul 31, 2021
22jumpstreet:
[s]After Abraham's victorious return from battle, we read:"Melchizedek the king of Salem brought out bread and wine, and he was a priest to the Most High God. And [Melchizedek] blessed him, and he said, "Blessed be Abram to the Most High God—Who possesses heaven and earth—and blessed be the Most High God, Who has delivered your adversaries into your hand." And [Abram] gave him a tithe from all."1

Who was this Melchizedek? What sort of priest was he, and why did Abraham give him a tithe?

Response:

Taken alone, this tiny anecdote does indeed seem strange. The Torah tells us nothing else about this man and his relationship to Abraham.

The ancient Targumim (Aramaic interpretive translations) identify Melchizedek as Shem—son of Noah. Shem was one of the links in the chain who transmitted the G‑dly traditions that originated with Adam. These traditions were carefully handed down from generation to generation, and Shem—who headed an academy—was a key conductor of these teachings. The Midrash tells us that he was so perfect and so spiritually advanced that he was born circumcised.

So why did the priesthood pass from him to Abraham's children? The Talmud explains that this happened as a result of his having blessed Abraham before blessing G‑d in the verses above. This is reflected in the only other place in Scripture where Melchizedek is mentioned: in Psalms 110:4, where we read, ". . . you are a priest forever because of the speech of Melchizedek." Because of Melchizedek's ill-chosen speech, the priesthood was taken from him and given to the seed of Abraham forever.[/s]
Another copy and paste.
Try for once to be original

1 Like

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:41am On Jul 31, 2021
I know you very well MuttleyLaff so i'm not interested in some fruitless arguments i just presented my own opinion.
So you can continue worshiping with those who share the same opinion with you on the matter! smiley

BassReeves:

You have the right to air your opinion. Just be mindful that opinions do and does change when faced with realities, truths and facts

I am sure that I'll disagree of quite a few of what you're about to say next, but it doesnt mean I will not defend to the death, your right to say each, any and/or all of them all.

2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep.
'

Before God spoke, before God started creation, the Spirit of God (i.e. the creative energy) first did a reconnaissance, conducted a preliminary assessment and surveyed the options, from the beginning, the Spirit of God (i.e. the creative energy) provided the impetus to start, carry out and execute each and all the plan(s) of God from start to finish

The Spirit of God (i.e. the creative energy) is inseparable from the Godhead or God. The deepest part of God or the Godhead is His spirit and for man, it is the human spirit. Note that human spirit aka spirit man is distinct from the soul and even the carnal man aka the body.

Now, when interactions goes on with you and your spirit man, how do you perceive it? Do you visually see your spirit man, audibly hear your spirit man speak, have you ever physically touched your spirit man?

'A Davidic psalm.
This is the declaration of the LORD (i.e. YHWH) to my Lord (i.e. Adon or Adonai):
'

If you're not trying to say what the bible isnt saying then you'll know that David, in Psalm 110:1, did not explicitly say David physically saw two persons. As evident in the above verse, David did not see anything, but just heard one voice speak of one person

and with Him a hundred and forty-four thousand who had His name and His Father’s name inscribed on their foreheads
'

I do not see where in Revelations 14:1 above, how you've managed to read or see when born again Christians get to heaven they'll see two persons.

The word, Godhead, has the same meaning as the other word, God, so there is no need for you to sweat over the word.

Where have you seen or read me on this thread or anywhere else exclusively advocate trilogy, trinity or even campaign on behalf of trinitarians, that you felt compelled to need to introduce the subject here?

'15“So pay attention and watch yourselves carefully--for you did not see any form [of God] on the day the LORD spoke to you at Horeb from the midst of the fire--
16so that you do not act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved or sculpted image [to worship] in the form of any figure, the likeness of male or female,
17the likeness of any animal that is on the earth, or of any winged bird that flies in the sky,
18the likeness of anything that crawls on the ground, or of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth.
19And beware that you do not raise your eyes toward heaven and see the sun and the moon and the stars, all the host of heaven, and let yourselves be led astray and worship them and serve them, [mere created bodies] which the LORD your God has allotted to [serve and benefit] all the peoples under the whole heaven
'

'

'But He added,
'

It is within God's power to be I AM, aka YHWH, aka, the Tetragrammaton, verbalised as Yahweh or Jehovah who SENT Himself as the same person, to earth as Jesus Christ, the God Incarnate.

Note that, as much as you would love to believe, Jehovah, is not at all God's real name, but it is an artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai. God's personal name in fact and fyi, is unknown. Period.

Now, no human being can know God's personal name, but its not just that alone, no human being can physically see God. The means for overcoming the latter 'no human being can physically see God' problem or limitation has its solution in Jesus Christ, God Incarnate. We get to physically see God and live, by proxy, Jesus Christ (i.e. .... Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father John 14:9b)

How Jesus can be the same person as Jehovah who SENT Him you asked. Well, it is because its the stuff that God is made up of. Doing something like that is impossible for human beings to do, but with God it is not impossible. I am certain you arent trying to put limitations on God, in terms of insisting that with God it is impossible for God to have Jesus be the same person as God who SENT Him. Or are you?

1. Can a human being visibly seen God or aka JEHOVAH, the artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai?
2. If your answer to question 1 above, is Yes, then please state how and support your answer with biblical references
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I know you very well MuttleyLaff
Don't be a stubborn goat, learn to quit introducing a diversion and distractions. Hope you felt better, typing this nonsensical comment

MaxInDHouse:
i'm not interested in some fruitless arguments
Having an argument, would be an exchange of ignorance, but you wouldnt know that, discussion, on the other hand, opens up exchange of knowledge transfer window opportunities, anyway, someone like you is just so determined to wallow in their ignorances

MaxInDHouse:
i just presented my own opinion.
No crime in presenting your predictable and usually jejune opinions, though I did say I am sure that I'll disagree of quite a few of what you're about to say next, but it doesn't mean I will not defend to the death, your right to say each, any of and/or all your opinions.

MaxInDHouse:
[s]So you can continue worshiping with those who share the same opinion with you on the matter! smiley[/s]
Quit taking my posts personally.
Lay down your sticks and I lay down my sticks alongside yours, because you'll never know a stick is crooked unless there's a straight one to put next to it
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by 22jumpstreet: 12:09pm On Jul 31, 2021
BassReeves:
Another copy and paste.
Try for once to be original

Well, I think we are here to educate ourselves. If I see a good answer from a professor, should I not bring it to the attention of students...?

Ignorance is the air you breathe.
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 12:17pm On Jul 31, 2021
22jumpstreet:
Well, I think we are here to educate ourselves.
You won't get enough of education here

22jumpstreet:
If I see a good answer from a professor, should I not bring it to the attention of students...?
Next time you copy and paste '... a good answer from a professor' sic, make sure sure you give credit to him/her, publicly acknowledging the literary work as his/hers and not yours

22jumpstreet:
Ignorance is the air you breathe.
You're ignorant of the word plagiarism

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 7:46pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Right on track!
I believe its perfectly possible for members of the Godhead to share.
The pre-incarnate appearances of Jesus does not make him Archangel Michael. The book of Hebrews makes us to see that he is superior to every angelic being.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2021
sagenaija:

The pre-incarnate appearances of Jesus does not make him Archangel Michael. The book of Hebrews makes us to see that he is superior to every angelic being.
So, pre-incarnate Jesus Christ could not have taken human form but was instead an angel, this according to your OP? undecided
And He was not the one you call Michael either because he was superior to every angelic being? undecided
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by AntiChristian: 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
So who is Melchizedek now?
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2021
Please can you correlate the two highlighted? undecided

sagenaija:

sagenaija:

c) The Angel of the LORD is Jesus Christ who met Abraham in the Ur of the Chaldeans -
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, pre-incarnate Jesus Christ could not have taken human form but was instead an angel, this according to your OP? undecided
And He was not the one you call Michael either because he was superior to every angelic being? undecided

I tire o!
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please can you correlate the two highlighted? undecided
The phrase is a designation for his FUNCTION. Again, the book of Hebrews is clear that Jesus is superior to ALL Angel's. In fact, all angels are to worship him. No creature is worthy of worship: Only God is.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:18pm On Jul 31, 2021
So is he an angel?

sagenaija:

The phrase is a designation for his FUNCTION. Again, the book of Hebrews is clear that Jesus is superior to ALL Angel's. In fact, all angels are to worship him. No creature is worthy of worship: Only God is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by Janosky: 12:34am On Aug 01, 2021
sagenaija:

Is Archangel Michael superior to every angelic being?
grin
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by Janosky: 12:53am On Aug 01, 2021
BassReeves:

'

'A Davidic psalm.
'

'

'

'

'But He added,
'

1. Can a human being visibly seen God or aka JEHOVAH, the artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai?
John 3:16 & John 20:17, argue against the truth in your Bible.

John 14:9 is also Matthew 10:40.
The Bros is now saying that those sent are in the Godhead.
grin grin.

Your Trinitarian mentors says your claim is NOT true.
"God and the Godhead are as distinct as heaven and earth"- Encyclopedia Britannica
Argue against their own version of your Trinity GIBBERISH (in Screenshot).

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by BassReeves: 5:24am On Aug 01, 2021
BassReeves:

Janosky:

John 3:16 & John 20:17, argue against the truth in your Bible.
Isaiah 46:10
'Only I can tell you the future before it even happens.
Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish.

OR

Declaring the end and the result from the beginning,
And from ancient times the things which have not [yet] been done,
Saying, ‘My purpose will be established,
And I will do all that pleases Me and fulfills My purpose,’
'

Isaiah 55:11
'So will My word be, which goes out of My mouth;
It will not return to Me void (useless, without result), Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
'

There isnt anything in John 3:16, John 20:17 and even the bible, that is truthful to want or need to argue about.

John 3:16 & John 20:17 is clear and easy to understand without needing any extra information, explanation or even argument that God being omnipotent is able to send Himself to earth in the form of a human being to do as pleases Him and fulfill His plans and purpose

Janosky:
John 14:9 is also Matthew 10:40.
The Bros is now saying that those sent are in the Godhead.
grin grin
Acts 17:29
'KJV Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

AKJV Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device

KJ21 “For inasmuch, then, as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold or silver or stone, graven by art and of man’s devising.

ASV Being then the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and device of man.

AMPC Since then we are God’s offspring, we ought not to suppose that Deity (the Godhead) is like gold or silver or stone, [of the nature of] a representation by human art and imagination, or anything constructed or invented.

BRG Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

GNV Forasmuch then, as we are the generation of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone graven by art and the invention of man.

YLT `Being, therefore, offspring of God, we ought not to think the Godhead to be like to gold, or silver, or stone, graving of art and device of man;
'

The Godhead, simply put, is divine nature.
1. Is Jesus divine? Is the Holy Spirit divine? Is the Father divine?
2. Can a human being visibly seen God or aka JEHOVAH, the artificial Latinized contraption hybrid word, formed from combining the Latin letters JHVH with the vowels of Adonai?
3. If your answer to question 2 above, is Yes, then please state how and support your answer with biblical references

Janosky:
[s]Your Trinitarian mentors says your claim is NOT true.
"God and the Godhead are as distinct as heaven and earth"- Encyclopedia Britannica
Argue against their own version of your Trinity GIBBERISH (in Screenshot).[/s]
I have never had a Trinitarian mentor

Now talking about Eckhart, coming from a believer's perspective, I have no respect for Eckhart, solely for the following stated reasons:
He misquotes the Bible to assert his confused mixture of Hinduism, Buddhism and New Age claptrap.
He distorts the teaching of Jesus and refuse to acknowledge and/or take notice of Jesus Christ as our Lord, Saviour of the whole wide world and Son of God.
He intentionally disregards most biblical truths
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2021
Janosky:

Is Archangel Michael superior to every angelic being?
grin
There are ranks among the angels. He would be superior, in that sense, to those lower than him in rank.
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:15pm On Aug 01, 2021
Na wah o! smiley

sagenaija:

There are ranks among the angels. He (Michael) would be superior, in that sense, to those lower than him in rank.

sagenaija:

The phrase is a designation for his FUNCTION. Again, the book of Hebrews is clear that Jesus is superior to ALL angels. In fact, all angels are to worship him. No creature is worthy of worship: Only God is.
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 5:40pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Na wah o! smiley
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Hebrews 1:3 NIV

For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?
Hebrews 1:5 NIV

But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever[b][/b]; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
Hebrews 1:8 NIV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by Kobojunkie: 5:57pm On Aug 01, 2021
sagenaija:

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son; today I have become your Father”? Or again, “I will be his Father, and he will be my Son”?

But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever[b][/b]; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You are here quoting from the same author of Hebrews who made the claim that Jesus Christ was indeed Melchizedek. How come? undecided
All this as you continue to insist that Jesus Christ is not Melchizedek? undecided

Are you trying to tell us that there is truth only to some, but not all, of what was stated in the letter to the Hebrews? undecided
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:42pm On Aug 01, 2021
All these were written about that same person who is superior to other angels though he himself is an angel. Therefore he must be the ARCHangel Michael!

The only dogma drifting you away from thinking straight on this matter is TRINITY.

God never introduced any other angel to us as His son, that means even if any angel should speak and say anything contrary to what Jesus taught such angel must be accused! Galatians 1:8

That doesn't mean Jesus is not an angel! smiley

sagenaija:

Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You are here quoting from the same author of Hebrews who made the claim that Jesus Christ was indeed Melchizedek. How come? undecided
All this as you continue to insist that Jesus Christ is not Melchizedek? undecided

Are you trying to tell us that there is truth only to some, but not all, of what was stated in the letter to the Hebrews? undecided

Kobojunkie, where exactly did the author of Hebrews claim that Jesus Christ was Melchizedek?
Did you watch the video?
Re: Who Is Melchizedek? - Jesus Christ? by sagenaija: 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
All these were written about that same person who is superior to other angels though he himself is an angel. Therefore he must be the ARCHangel Michael!

The only dogma drifting you away from thinking straight on this matter is TRINITY.

God never introduced any other angel to us as His son, that means even if any angel should speak and say anything contrary to what Jesus taught such angel must be accused! Galatians 1:8

That doesn't mean Jesus is not an angel! smiley

It's best if you concentrate on the matter at hand. When you assume what the other person has not said or even implied, you lose sight of issues.

I quoted from the book of Hebrews. How do you see those verses? Is there any reference to Archangel Michael? If not, who is using a DOGMA to drift away from the issue at hand? If there is reference to him then show us.

Those verses clearly are referring to the same person. That person is called the Son who is "the exact representation of" God - v.3. NO Angel was ever referred to as "my Son" - v.5. The Son is then CLEARLY said to be God whose throne will last for ever - v.8.

If you have a different perspective then take these same verses one by one and show us how they align with your position.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

At Last , Scientists Prove Life After Death / Christians Should Not Drink Alcohol - Perry Stone / CONTROVERSY: Biblical Linking Of Arch-angel Michael And Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.