Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,709 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Cars With Most Affordable Maintenance Cost - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Cars With Most Affordable Maintenance Cost (829 Views)

Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / The 10 Wonders Nigerian Khaz Custom Did On Cars With Wraps (pictures) / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cars With Most Affordable Maintenance Cost by gentle007(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hi Nairalanders,

I am planning to buy a car, but one of my considerations is cost of maintenance.

This became a strong point to consider after my brother told me that his Toyota Spider engine oil costs 25,000 for a four-litre gallon and his engine is 6 litres.

I did the math in my head and I was wowed.

I need recommendations on vehicles with affordable maintenance cost. Abeg.
Re: Cars With Most Affordable Maintenance Cost by showietee: 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2021
Mention dem professional for here for quick replies

We are in the same shoes... One of my friends using BMW 325! Told me today that his cost of maintenance is relatively low... Civic 06-09 has been on my mind for long....

Also, stylishly eyeing Audi A4
Re: Cars With Most Affordable Maintenance Cost by RZArecta(m): 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2021
showietee:
Mention dem professional for here for quick replies

We are in the same shoes... One of my friends using BMW 325! Told me today that his cost of maintenance is relatively low... Civic 06-09 has been on my mind for long....

Also, stylishly eyeing Audi A4
ask around about that Audi very well before you commit resources though if your mind is made up, I'll suggest brand new or direct toks which you'll sell off in a few years without becoming sentimentally attached. The Civic is the one that'll give you the most peace of mind, the BMW and Audi will give you the most enjoyable driving experiences

Op, if you want to maintain any car you buy to the best manufacturer specifications, you'll spend that money even if it's Innoson. I priced side mirror for '07 Toyota corolla at a popular dealership in VI and it was 60k back in 2019 but it was a genuine part. We generally are forced to buy cars that can stand abuse in Nigeria because of the economy if not we know what we'll really love to drive. Ask how much to service a Benz at Mercedes Place also. I'll just suggest you buy something clean, popular in the state where you reside and you do a thorough pre inspection check before purchase and also have a very qualified mechanic on speed dial just in case. Seek advise here from this forum also before throwing parts on whichever car you purchase in case of future faults so you won't make a dubious mechanic rich while running yourself down. At the end of the day, you'll discover that many of the cars we're afraid of are actually easy to own especially if you do lots of research, you won't be afraid again but if you're in doubt, go the safe route and stick to a Corolla or Civic

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Vehicle Inspection Officers (vios) Does Not Have The Right To Impound Your Car. / Please Help Am Not Begging Money Just Open The Topic / Foreign Used Ford Taurus 2014 Limited, 4.5M, 08117154581, Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.