Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job (14336 Views)

A Lecturing Job Outside Lagos Or 200k Job In Lagos? / ICPC Recruitment Online Test / How To Get The Dream Lecturing Job: What No One Told You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by rickyboss333: 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2021
rowland545:
It depends on wat works for u....lecturing... U can b selling handouts+ sorting and u make a fortune...

Icpc ....u can also be a corrupt officer and still make a fortune....this is wat APC has reduced us too....we leaving the title....fantastically corrupt.... U got d job by means of corruption.... So u can as well live the life...

The end....
Why do we always think of selling handouts, sorting to make money once u get a lecturing job. No body dey reason say e get lecturers wey first u come 4 dat department wey don stay years they wait 4 their time to be a head or in charge of a course. This is when selling of handouts n sorting can fetch u money, but first u will start by being a among d lecturers handling a particular course and u will b answerable, like a boy 2 d head of these course coordinators 4 years before (like he said, entry level which is graduate assistant) u graduate 2 a lecturer 2, then 2 a lecturer 1 n then a senior lecturer b4 u begin 2 have such opportunities n gained enough grounds 2 do ur runs without getting challenged.
Plus remember say u must go for masters, phd 4 all these promotions to come.
So my humble advice to d OP, bros go d other way abeg and save your self "had I known"
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by jimmynauty: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2021
Nigeriainpeace:
Good day all, please you advise is highly needed on the above subject matter, which is better and which of them would you have gone for if offered the opportunity and ur reasons.

thanks..

Icpc don't lecture if for 9ja
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by Shakur86(m): 7:26pm On Aug 02, 2021
It depends on your passion
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by rowland545(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2021
rickyboss333:

Why do we always think of selling handouts, sorting to make money once u get a lecturing job. No body dey reason say e get lecturers wey first u come 4 dat department wey don stay years they wait 4 their time to be a head or in charge of a course. This is when selling of handouts n sorting can fetch u money, but first u will start by being a among d lecturers handling a particular course and u will b answerable, like a boy 2 d head of these course coordinators 4 years before (like he said, entry level which is graduate assistant) u graduate 2 a lecturer 2, then 2 a lecturer 1 n then a senior lecturer b4 u begin 2 have such opportunities n gained enough grounds 2 do ur runs without getting challenged.
Plus remember say u must go for masters, phd 4 all these promotions to come.
So my humble advice to d OP, bros go d other way abeg and save your self "had I known"
really did not know all this...was thinking when ones u r taking a course u can sell handouts
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by yabas(m): 9:42pm On Aug 02, 2021
I'm a lecturer (gov uni), please make ICPC your main target. No money in lecturing, you are basically a civil servant, unless you are employed as a senior lecturer & above. Text book money na change & u can't prosper with sorting. Many go into it thinking they will raise money and then move into business or other things but....

Assistant lecturer (M.Sc) = 110k +/-.
With new PhD in Federal university, you will get 140k as lecturer II while some state uni will pay about 160k,

Lecturer I, get about 170k in federal, some southern state pay slightly higher or lower.

Senior lecturer get up to 300k +/-.
You get small increments yearly based on the fact that your steps move up per year, e.g, step 3/5, 4/5, 5/5 etc... So one senior lecturer can be on 250k while another is on 300k/month. In Nigeria, the pay is not much especially seeing the terrible economy that we voted for.

As for me, I don't bother with text book or sorting, I realized early that lecturing is "by the side hussle" so started something on my own ASAP. Only benefit of lecturing is that it gives you time, that's all. MOST lecturers are just scrapping by, salary comes, you sort out family and basic needs and then start waiting. ICPC is a much better option, if u be person wey de awake.

1 Like

Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by AdTimmy: 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2021
If you want peace of mind and want to end well choose Lecturing. And if you want plenty money with no peace of mind, a corrupt mind, spiritual and physical battles (because hardly will you find any saint in all our law enforcement agencies in Nigeria), then choose ICPC.

All the aforementioned benefits comes naturally
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by rickyboss333: 7:14am On Aug 03, 2021
rowland545:
really did not know all this...was thinking when ones u r taking a course u can sell handouts
That's it my brother. U don't just take up a course, u start little and then gradually u get to d position where u r in charge of a course n that takes time, experience, added certificates, n good rapport with your heads along with hoping that departmental politics favours u.
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by rowland545(m): 7:57am On Aug 03, 2021
rickyboss333:

That's it my brother. U don't just take up a course, u start little and then gradually u get to d position where u r in charge of a course n that takes time, experience, added certificates, n good rapport with your heads along with hoping that departmental politics favours u.
wao....thanksfor the insight... Now I know better
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by Bluesea1and2: 8:11am On Aug 03, 2021
It depends on how old you are. If you are below 27 years, go for ICPC this will give you enough chance to Excel to higher posts.

If you are already 29 up wards, consider lecturing
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by papyrus2(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2021
Interesting thread
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by rickyboss333: 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2021
rowland545:
wao....thanksfor the insight... Now I know better

You're welcome
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by ignis: 2:37pm On Aug 03, 2021
ScotDan:
Please I need lecturing job, if you have any link or information please share it with me. I'm a Geophysicist with Master degree.

Is your degree in Geology or Physics?
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by ScotDan: 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
[quote author=ignis post=104386598]

Is your degree in Geology or Physics?[/quote

Geophysics sir.
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by ScotDan: 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2021
ignis:

Is your degree in Geology or Physics?

Geophysics sir and I can work in Geology department with Geophysics option and Physics department sir.
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by Joetttimua1811(m): 5:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Here to read comments
Re: ICPC Job Vs Lecturing Job by geoimam22(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2023
Wow...same here Geophysicist

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss / FRSC Recruitment Issue / How To Get Paid 100k Monthly Teaching A Subject Without Leaving Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.