Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,152 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss (14344 Views)

Bad Encounter;my Current Boss Was The HR Were I Went To For Oral Interview / How To Answer The Question "Why Do You Want To Change Your Current Job" / I Dislike My High-paying Job. What Do I Do Please? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by abeylevels(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2008
Good day to you all,

I need your candid advice urgently.

I have just spent a year in my present company as a management trainee where the pay is just 40,000.

I am about securing a job in another company but I will need to tender a resignation letter.

Please, what is the best excuse to give my Human Resource Manager?

I thought of some excuses like going to for my PhD but I felt: what if my new company writes to my
present company requesting for a reference and it is obvious that I am actually getting a new Job?

Please help out.
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by goldfinder: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2008
Congrats!

I thk it wd be better for you not 2 give them the impression that u've gotten a new job.

But that depends on the attitude of persons involved.
U may give an excuse to resign dat u want 2 take care of ur health, or to settle some family affairs that demand your personal attention.

It  all depends on ur relationshp wit personalities involved.
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 29, 2008
The truth, there is no need to start telling lies to people that probably view you as friends. You might not necessarily tell them where you are moving to but just give them enough time and make you resignation feel as pleasant as possible. Leave them with a "we'll miss you feeling" not with a "that idiot don run" feeling. I know how i look at people who tell you that they are just traveling to do something and never come back.

Besides, like you said, what if they come asking for a reference?
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 29, 2008
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by subice(m): 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2008
Be diplomatic.
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2008
Just send in a decent resignation letter, you could phrase it like this:

LETTER OF RESIGNATION

Please accept this letter as formal notification that I will be resigning my appointment as the _________  with effect from _____

I thank the management for giving me the wonderful opportunity to work for ____

I appreciate the huge professional and personal development opportunities that I was exposed to through my _ yr stay wit _____.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience my absence will cause and I wish the_________ continued success.

Sincerely,

People leave jobs for other jobs everyday, its really not a  big deal. But for future r/ships, you can discuss it with your direct boss before tendering the letter officially. If he wants to know why you are leaving, you can tell him its be/cos of the remmuneration. It might make them reconsider your fees or even the whole payment structure. There absolutely no need to lie.

Take kia

1 Like

Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by TEEZERO(m): 4:30pm On Mar 29, 2008
I am an employer of labour.
I tell my guys (and gals) that when they decide to quit, they should ensure that they do not bang the door against themselves. That they could pass through that same door they are banging against themselves.
My dear, just walk to your boss and tell him or her that the truth. In any case you are leaving, so why lie?
All the best.
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by ashmanpolo: 6:17pm On Mar 29, 2008
i agree wt tee zone.
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by uchetobi(f): 1:24pm On Mar 31, 2008
just come at clean and honest, na ur papa get the biz? soldiers come and go barracks remain, i doubt ur HR will loose sleep over ur resignation
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by abeylevels(m): 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2008

Thank you all for the replies
I just wanted to be sure that I do all that I have to do so that I can get a good reference when my new company contacts
my former company for reference.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Leave My Current Job,what Is The Best Excuse To Give My Boss by ifexfree24: 5:13pm On Apr 01, 2008
you dont need to disturb your self, just tell them you have hiv/aids they will sack you by their self.simple

(1) (Reply)

FRSC Recruitment Issue / KPMG Nigeria Graduate Trainees Programme 2015/2016 / How To Get Paid 100k Monthly Teaching A Subject Without Leaving Your Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.