Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,938 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing (2714 Views)

Man Caught & Paraded For Killing Monkey In Awka, Anambra State / Fake Soldier Who Has Killed Many In Imota, Lagos, Caught & Paraded This Morning / Man Who Wears Double Bra To Disguise As Woman Caught & Paraded In Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Topzee109: 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2021
A final-year student of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, was caught and paraded for stealing, Sunday, August 1, 2021.

The student, Bello Ibrahim, also known “Great Bello” is a 500-level student of Computer Science and Engineering in the Faculty of Technology. Upon investigating, he was led to his room where stolen valuables like fan, boxers, extension box, clothes, slides and mattress belonging to students in the Awolowo Hall of residence of the university were found.
The Chairman of Great Ife Students’ Union Electoral Commission, Ajayi Oluwafemi, who spoke to our correspondent on the issue while parading the student, said he received a distress call from one of his people in Awo hall and immediately swung into action.
According to him; “After our findings and questioning, the thief confessed that he stole those items, but pleaded that it was a spiritual attack against him because he is from a polygamous home”.
He further said, “Our union has a tradition of dealing with students who misbehave, and it is the “scientific maximum shishi”, parading them across all 8 halls of residence and hereafter subjecting them to compulsory community service.”
The chairman confirmed that the thief was given 50 strokes of cane before being paraded to the halls of residence.
“As a union, we should make it a point of duty to re-establish our tradition and that has been done. It was unanimously agreed at the Students’ Union Building (SUB), witnessed by more than 100 students that he should be given 50 strokes of cane and paraded throughout the halls of residence. He will do the community service of cutting the grasses in the front of the SUB after the parade.”

In his final words, he admonishes the students to abstain from uncultured behaviors during their stay on campus.
“Stealing and other criminal activities are frowned at on OAU campus. It is not encouraged. All students should make it a sense of responsibility to report any criminal activities and suspicious movement on campus to the appropriate authorities. We have a tradition that is not going to be bent for anybody. Any student caught will be flogged, paraded and mandated to carry out community service.” He emphasized.
Famuyiwa Adekunle Solomon reporting for Association of Campus Journalists

Source:
https://koweenews./2021/08/01/breaking-oau-final-year-student-caught-paraded-for-stealing/

Note: the news is verified, i am an OAU student

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Chris525: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2021
He didn't steal anything of concrete value. He’s probably kleptomaniac.

2 Likes

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by dawnomike(m): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2021
If you are caught stealing in OAU as a student, you are in for it ...

5 Likes

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2021
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Karlovych: 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2021
embarassed embarassed Ibrahim Bello

2 Likes

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2021
Extension,socket,matress??
Its probably a spiritual attack true true grin
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Crowwejihadist: 6:49pm On Aug 02, 2021
Their leader is old.
But truth be told students are really suffering in the campus but that doesn't warrant him taking what that don't belong to him. angry

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Iliveforever(m): 7:51pm On Aug 02, 2021
The announcement be like “if you’re looking for any of your item, please hurry up and go to block H”

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 02, 2021
The accussed is kleptomaniac and not under a spell like he believes.

Disgracing him will further his mind.

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Franktom247(m): 11:47pm On Aug 02, 2021
This is light try and steal in Uniben especially hall 3 the beating you will receive will make you a living corpse

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Euphoria007(m): 2:34pm On Oct 14, 2021
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Coldsperm: 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2021
Afonjaas and stealing na like bread and butter. They can't do without it. I am beginning to think that their fallen demon of an Ancestor was an Anini raised to power 100. Tufiakwa!!!
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by columbus007(m): 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Lol
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Tinney104(m): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2021
Coldsperm:
Afonjaas and stealing na like bread and butter. They can't do without it. I am beginning to think that their fallen demon of an Ancestor was an Anini raised to power 100. Tufiakwa!!!

Kid...............

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Coldsperm: 10:03am On Oct 15, 2021
Client40:

Oloshi

You are nothing but a stinking smelly bastard. Ewu Ogbomosho!!!

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Coldsperm: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2021
Tinney104:

Kid...............
You father should have been sensible enough to use a condom so as to avoid a calamity as a son.
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Tinney104(m): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2021
Coldsperm:

You father should have been sensible enough to use a condom so as to avoid a calamity as a son.

Childish yarns
I have a wonderful parent and Amazing people around me, I wasn't raise to insult any tribal or insult parent bcoz I really cherish everyone..... Can you see you don't have home training I know dem teach you but you don't listen to Dem foooolll......

1 Like

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Tinney104(m): 1:29pm On Oct 15, 2021
Coldsperm:

I will never mention anything relate to your family
But if Dem dey sell fortunate #50 you no fit see am buy bcoz you're lack of sense man
And always watch your yarns kid......
I will never repeat myself again or else them go cry because of you soon enough

Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 15, 2021
See as all him body still fresh

The pictures might be taking before he received the Serious Maximum Shishi grin

You can't receive SMS and still be recognisable.
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Euphoria007(m): 2:29am On Nov 11, 2021
Lol, You guys are fools of the highest order

Na Una be court of Law wey convict am abi, na today dem dey use SMS score political points for OAU and vengeance....That's y no one takes our union serious again. Union that's full of cultist and thugs

https://amiloadednews.com/2021/10/how-i-was-wrongly-accused-beaten-paraded-for-allegedly-stealing-at-union-building-oau-student-great-bello-narrates-near-death-ordeal-seeks-legal-action.html

Great _ Bello wey em Papa na commissioner for Osun State. Una better go find work and face una future.
The guy dey Lagos dey enjoy em life soft!
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Euphoria007(m): 2:37am On Nov 11, 2021
Coldsperm:

Oloriburuku like you, you're part of the miscreants of OAU...Thank God say Una noe be Court of Law or School Management, Use the news thread to feed ur generate cos it carries no value. We're aware of what happened, the students populace knows Great _ Bello and we know what he stands for
Unrepentant cultists! You will all be exposed

Read this through
https://amiloadednews.com/2021/10/how-i-was-wrongly-accused-beaten-paraded-for-allegedly-stealing-at-union-building-oau-student-great-bello-narrates-near-death-ordeal-seeks-legal-action.html
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Boogyman557: 4:17am On Nov 11, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool REAL MATTERS. WTF MAN
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 11, 2021
The accussed is kleptomaniac and not under a spell like he believes.

Disgracing him will further his mind.
They don't understand..most Nigerians don't know how to handle sensible issues..
Re: OAU Final-year Student Caught, Paraded For Stealing by Euphoria007(m): 11:51am On Jan 10, 2022

Read and absorb.

SOWORE JNR Sept 15th, 2021 at 10:37 am
Well I’m not even surprised after all Ojuko Taiwo the dismissed Students’ Union CSO was also assaulted by mob of conscious OAU students for wrongly accusing, beating a girl for stealing at the School Security Unit that he was almost paraded except for intervention of the school security department

Ajayi Oluwafemi Castro,former & dubious Chairman Great Ife Students’ Union Electoral committee a member of the pirate confraternity, a rusticated murderer from Ilaro Polytechnic had so many fraud and theft cases with the Nigerian DSS and Moore Police Ile Ife that is yet to be resolved.

I hope you guys had your regrets already as your claims holds no water in the face of the law. They’ve praised you guys on social media for scoring cheap political points against Great Bello at the time of breaking info BT you made him more popular appealing to public sympathy , authorities and even leading him to greatness in 2022.

A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (Reply)

Kidnappers Abducts Lady In Dawaki Abuja [picture] / UPDATE On Crossdresser Who Joins Church Choir As A Female, People Reacts (INSIDE / Rihanna Calls Police After Man Who Resembles Donn Jaz Showed Up To Propose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.