Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 (1201 Views)

Hip Hop Acts In Nigeria That Seem To Have Gone Into Oblivion(simply Disappeared) / Koko Star Concert Or Star Trek ? / Busta Rhymes, Ludacris Come For Star Mega Jam 2009 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by dammiecool(m): 10:14am On May 16, 2011
THE organizers of the yearly nation-wide music tour, Nigerian Breweries Plc, recently announced the line-up of activities for the 2011 edition of Star Trek.

Speaking at a press conference to announce Star Trek 2011, Mr. Jacco Van Der Linden, Marketing Director, Nigerian Breweries Plc, described the pan Nigerian musical concert as part of Star lager beer's music sponsorship tripod which also includes Star Quest and Star Mega Jam.

He said: “Star Trek is a music concert tour that showcases the best Nigerian music stars. It is aimed at enlivening the social atmosphere in Nigeria and to demonstrate STAR's core values of fun, brightness, sociability and celebration. As usual, we will be spreading the Star brightness and friendship to different parts of the country.”

This year's edition of Star Trek, which will hold from May 27 to June 25, will cover 10 towns. The towns where the music concert will hold are: Abuja, Auchi, Asaba, Nnewi, Enugu, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Aba, Lagos and Ondo.

The artistes, on parade for this year's edition of Star Trek, have promised excellent stage performances when the show kicks off in May. Paul, a member of the Nigerian sensational group, P Square, has promised fans that the group would give a stellar performance on stage.

He said: “We wish to see everybody coming out to watch us perform. It will be a homecoming for us since we are from the Eastern part of the country. P Square has been a part of past editions of Star Trek. We also promise our fans that we will perform to their delight.”

According to Banky W, another Nigerian music sensation: “I'm excited to be part of this year's edition of Star Trek. I've participated in Star Trek music tour in the past. I love Star Trek because it provides the opportunity for me to go to towns and places I've never been before.”

Naeto C of the 'Kini Big Deal” fame, praised the Star Trek platform for the exposure it gives to Nigerian artistes. “As I prepare to launch my second album, it gives me the opportunity to connect to my fans. Star Trek gives us artistes the opportunity to express ourselves,” he stated.
Asides P Square, Naeto C and Bank W, other Nigerian artistes on parade for Star Quest 2011 are: D' Banj, Faze, Rugged Man, 9ice, MI, Timaya, Wande Cole, Dr. SID, Pheel and Obesere. Other Nigerian artistes lined up to thrill crowds include: Sound Sultan, Eldee, Duncan Mighty, Mr. Raw, KAS, Yinka Best, Flavour, Jesse Jags, J. Martins, Durella, Mc Loph, 2 Shotz, Jaywon, Femi Adeyinka and Freewindz.
Re: Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by mikuz(m): 10:46am On May 16, 2011
I am really happy to see duncan mighty in the list! The guy's really representing PHC wella!
Big ups FREEWINDZ! Keep keeping it real.
Re: Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by tical(m): 1:43am On May 17, 2011
mikuz:

I am really happy to see duncan mighty in the list! The guy's really representing PHC wella!
Big ups FREEWINDZ! Keep keeping it real.
Me too. .I was so xcited 2 see Duncan M on d list. He's a very talented artiste, he deserves big shows lyk this to crown his efforts.

Also heard Ruggedman said on Newsline dat his new artiste Chinaydu wil be touring wiv him. Im looking 4ward to that too
Re: Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by BabaEleko(m): 5:27am On May 17, 2011
Adigun kilo nso!!!
Re: Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by dammiecool(m): 10:42am On May 17, 2011
tical:

Me too. .I was so xcited 2 see Duncan M on d list. He's a very talented artiste, he deserves big shows lyk this to crown his efforts.

Also heard Ruggedman said on Newsline dat his new artiste Chinaydu wil be touring wiv him. Im looking 4ward to that too

also with akeem and vino.

make chynaydu no go perform 9 ice d ingrate o!
Re: Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by mikuz(m): 5:00pm On May 17, 2011
dammiecool:

also with akeem and vino.

make chynaydu no go perform 9 ice d ingrate o!
look at you! "9ice the ingrate" was the jam that gave him the attention he is having now. How will he not perform it?
Re: Star Lines Up A-list Acts For Star Trek 2011 by tical(m): 10:15pm On May 17, 2011
mikuz:

look at you! "9ice the ingrate" was the jam that gave him the attention he is having now. How will he not perform it?
So does this mean 9ice is still in deep shi.t? Oh! Poor Alapomeji crooner who had bitten more than he can chew embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (Reply)

2010 Mtn Project Fame Finalist, Tolu Out With A Club Banger, "whyne It" / Honest Album Review: Rick Ross - GOD Forgives And I Don't / Where Is Jeremiah Giang?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.