Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Google Pixel Discussion Thread - Phones (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Pixel Discussion Thread (118102 Views)

Google Pixel Discussion Thread Anyone? / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by BrickDevo: 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2023
Pixel 6a mint condition
6gb/128gb
Great cameras
Crisp display HDR
Underscreen fingerprint sensor
Stereo speakers
Android 14 beta
With little or no scratches

250k ~ Negotiable
07O61030782
Ajah, Lagos

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by WizardRahl: 8:18am On Sep 21, 2023
Anyone using Pixel 4a 5G here?

Please drop your honest review about the camera and battery life. Thanks.

This is my first time going for a Google pixel phone.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by techycontents(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
fuckboys:
I get about 40pcs of pixel 7a going for 200k, all mint Uk used.

And you're advertising pixel 6a for 250k? grin
Is the price negotiable?
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by fuckboys: 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
techycontents:

Is the price negotiable?
price is fixed.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by OHIsIManuEL(m): 9:39pm On Sep 21, 2023
WizardRahl:
Anyone using Pixel 4a 5G here?

Please drop your honest review about the camera and battery life. Thanks.

This is my first time going for a Google pixel phone.
If you can, just get the 5.
Higher Screen RR
Symmetrical bezels
Bigger battery
Perfect size
More ram.

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by noobody(m): 11:33pm On Sep 21, 2023
OHIsIManuEL:

Higher Screen RR
Symmetrical bezels
Bigger battery
Perfect size
More ram.

On paper you are right,
Real life usage, performance is identical on both,if any diffrence just a tiny lil bit.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Breezzy(m): 3:49am On Sep 22, 2023
Dwightventures:
6 Pro fully useable with display imperfection still available here is your location

Price reduced and fixed at ₦190,000

where is your location

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by fuckboys: 3:55am On Sep 22, 2023
noobody:

On paper you are right,
Real life usage, performance is identical on both,if any diffrence just a tiny lil bit.
with 90hz refresh rate, 8gb of ram and wireless charging on the P5? It murdered the 4a5g bro.

If you use a 90hz RR phone and above, I don't think you'd want to go back to a 60hz RR phone again.

The difference in smooth animations is overwhelming.

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by noobody(m): 7:28am On Sep 22, 2023
fuckboys:

with 90hz refresh rate, 8gb of ram and wireless charging on the P5? It murdered the 4a5g bro.

If you use a 90hz RR phone and above, I don't think you'd want to go back to a 60hz RR phone again.

The difference in smooth animations is overwhelming.

Like I would still say,on paper it is awesome

Real life usage,that 90hz display is a plus,wireless charging to me woild always be a gimmick,never seen anyone preferred wireless charging over wired charging.

The truth is with pixels,you are getting smooth animations all round,even with the 60hz panel.

And yes I have used 120hz display on other manufacturers,also,I use the pixel 5 and 4a 5g currently,

And I can confirm to you, performance is identical would give the edge very very slightly(not much) to the pixel 5.

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by BrickDevo: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2023
noobody:

Like I would still say,on paper it is awesome

Real life usage,that 90hz display is a plus,wireless charging to me woild always be a gimmick,never seen anyone preferred wireless charging over wired charging.

The truth is with pixels,you are getting smooth animations all round,even with the 60hz panel.

And yes I have used 120hz display on other manufacturers,also,I use the pixel 5 and 4a 5g currently,

And I can confirm to you, performance is identical would give the edge very very slightly(not much) to the pixel 5.

Wireless charger and Refresh rate is overrated.
Wireless that you can't use your phone while charging, like you have to drop your phone on a plate, there must be contact, for me that's not true wireless charging, unless they innovate a type of wireless charging where you stay some distance away and your phone will be charging like Bluetooth, then i won't be interested.

Refresh rate is nothing, it will take an advanced level of awareness and observation for you to notice that, don't mind all these YouTube tech reviewers, same as HDR10 feature,

All this are marketing gimmicks.

Latest phones are now returning to flat displays.... Lolz

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Dwightventures(m): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2023
Breezzy:
where is your location

Location is Ibadan. Price is now 200k, sorry. They have finished naira.

Check the item and others on my page. Price may not be current on most items there: https://www.nairaland.com/7255494/american-phones-tablets-sale-varying/5

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by bennyflipy(m): 12:07pm On Sep 22, 2023
fuckboys:
I get about 40pcs of pixel 7a going for 200k, all mint Uk used.

And you're advertising pixel 6a for 250k? grin

Na only Google pixel you get??
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
bennyflipy:

Dem nack am the Google logo for head grin grin

Seriously though, I guess he has a thing for Pixels, just like most of us on this thread.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
OHIsIManuEL:

Higher Screen RR
Symmetrical bezels
Bigger battery
Perfect size
More ram.

Ram? I am partial to asun, sir. wink

Dunno why, but the Pixel 5 and 5a 5G got bad reps on the GSMArena comment page. Folks curse the motherboard, battery scarcity and everything else.

The fella you are advising might be better off getting a Pixel 4XL. It has a dedicated telephoto zoom that I use to peep at the astronauts on the moon as they dem baff for backyard. Dem sure got big blokos that will be giving alien pusdy trouble grin

Sure, you can still zoom on the 5 and 5a 5G, but it is not the same thing. Or he can gather like 160K and get a Pixel 6a tokunbo. Or better still he can meet Williams1000 with 240K and get a tokunbo Pixel 6 pro.

Or even better still, he can wait till the Pixel 8 series drop next month and that will crash prices small.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2023
BrickDevo:

Wireless charger and Refresh rate is overrated.
Wireless that you can't use your phone while charging, like you have to drop your phone on a plate, there must be contact, for me that's not true wireless charging, unless they innovate a type of wireless charging where you stay some distance away and your phone will be charging like Bluetooth, then i won't be interested.

Refresh rate is nothing, it will take an advanced level of awareness and observation for you to notice that, don't mind all these YouTube tech reviewers, same as HDR10 feature,

All this are marketing gimmicks.

Latest phones are now returning to flat displays.... Lolz

True sir. I can't even understand what the refresh rate hoopla is all about. Maybe I am just going blind. cheesy

And by the way, the guy you dey reply na my personal oga. Na from him I got my first smartphone- a Xiaomi mi max 2. That fella is so honest and straightforward you could give him you virgin sister and he won't touch her till he don pay her bride price finish.
Him and Jboixx are top class men.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2023
BrickDevo:
Pixel 6a mint condition
6gb/128gb
Great cameras
Crisp display HDR
Underscreen fingerprint sensor
Stereo speakers
Android 14 beta
With little or no scratches

250k ~ Negotiable
07O61030782
Ajah, Lagos

Bros, here no be Jiji. I have seen new or open box Pixel 6a on sale at like 160-169K. I think na AdrianHillz get am.

Of course, you are free to sell at any price. And I am free to offer an opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Igemburg(m): 3:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
dprpikin:

Do you have the charging board of pixel 3?
Available
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by BrickDevo: 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Bros, here no be Jiji. I have seen new or open box Pixel 6a on sale at like 160-169K. I think na AdrianHillz get am.

Of course, you are free to sell at any price. And I am free to offer an opinion.
It's okay, though it's not true at that price currently, but if you are serious about buying, you can chat me up, it's negotiable.
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by BrickDevo: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

True sir. I can't even understand what the refresh rate hoopla is all about. Maybe I am just going blind. cheesy

And by the way, the guy you dey reply na my personal oga. Na from him I got my first smartphone- a Xiaomi mi max 2. That fella is so honest and straightforward you could give him you virgin sister and he won't touch her till he don pay her bride price finish.
So i have been told too, i am just complimenting what he said bro
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by fuckboys: 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
bennyflipy:

yes, all black pixel 7a
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Bright12660(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

You wouldn't know the use of the refresh rate until you are under the sun
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Bright12660(m): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2023
noobody:

On paper you are right,
Boss, hope you are not forgetting the build quality
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by noobody(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2023
Bright12660:

Lol,before refresh rate craze,we were always under the sun bro.

Samsung s10 plus is a 60hz panel.

Some iPhone phone models are still 60hz panel.

Yesteryears flagships are all 60hz panels,

Yet scrolling is always smooth.

Sooner you know it's a gimmick the betrer.

Like I said,it is a plus,not a bad idea to have it on.

But with Google pixels,you aren't missing much that I can confirm.

I am not saying it is not useful,I won't like to be misquoted.

4 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2023
Bright12660:

Wetin go carry me go under the sun? It's like you be plant that need sunrays and water to grow. grin
I be introvert o and if I step out, half of the people I meet will be saying they haven't seen me in weeks. Wetin I go carry my behind to be doing under the sun?
Anyway, the variable refresh rate on my Pixel 4XL is permanently off, because to me, that feature is as useful as a nipple in the b00ty crack would be. smiley
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by noobody(m): 12:55am On Sep 23, 2023
Bright12660:

Boss, hope you are not forgetting the build quality

My oga,Except you are mkbhd,everyone slaps a protective case on phones.
And we focused mainly on performance and camera here thou.
But if budget was ever the issue and one is stucked btwn choosing both,
Pixel 4a 5g is not a total bad choice is all I was trying to point out.
You won't be missing a while lot by not choosing the pixel 5.

2 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by fuckboys: 7:21am On Sep 23, 2023
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by fuckboys: 7:22am On Sep 23, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Ram? I am partial to asun, sir. wink

Dunno why, but the Pixel 5 and 5a 5G got bad reps on the GSMArena comment page. Folks curse the motherboard, battery scarcity and everything else.

The fella you are advising might be better off getting a Pixel 4XL. It has a dedicated telephoto zoom that I use to peep at the astronauts on the moon as they dem baff for backyard. Dem sure got big blokos that will be giving alien pusdy trouble grin

Sure, you can still zoom on the 5 and 5a 5G, but it is not the same thing. Or he can gather like 160K and get a Pixel 6a tokunbo. Or better still he can meet Williams1000 with 240K and get a tokunbo Pixel 6 pro.

Or even better still, he can wait till the Pixel 8 series drop next month and that will crash prices small.

Or he can get a mint 7a from me for 200k

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by lilwill(m): 7:33am On Sep 23, 2023
Pixel 5 users in the house. What color would you recommend? The black or Sorta Sage color. I'm stuck between trying to pick one
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by noobody(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2023
lilwill:
Pixel 5 users in the house. What color would you recommend? The black or Sorta Sage color. I'm stuck between trying to pick one

For a used phone,get the one that looks neat the most and has a good battery life.

Except you are getting brand new,colour option shld be prioritised

3 Likes

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Bright12660(m): 11:33am On Sep 23, 2023
noobody:

Lol,before refresh rate craze,we were always under the sun bro.

Samsung s10 plus is a 60hz panel.

Some iPhone phone models are still 60hz panel.

Yesteryears flagships are all 60hz panels,

Yet scrolling is always smooth.

Sooner you know it's a gimmick the betrer.

Like I said,it is a plus,not a bad idea to have it on.

But with Google pixels,you aren't missing much that I can confirm.

I am not saying it is not useful,I won't like to be misquoted.
Boss you are forgetting that the Samsung has AMOLED screen on. Bring any iphone with 60hz and a Samsung S10 plus with 60hz under the sun and compare.

1 Like

Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by Bright12660(m): 11:41am On Sep 23, 2023
noobody:

My oga,Except you are mkbhd,everyone slaps a protective case on phones.
And we focused mainly on performance and camera here thou.
But if budget was ever the issue and one is stucked btwn choosing both,
Pixel 4a 5g is not a total bad choice is all I was trying to point out.
You won't be missing a while lot by not choosing the pixel 5.
You are right on that, but it's not entirely about the outer layer alone where you can protect with a case. I'm talking about the overall build. The things that make up the phone like the volume buttons etc. What happens when the phone falls repeatedly. That is where iPhone claims it's superiority from
Re: Google Pixel Discussion Thread by GabrielYulaw(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
fuckboys:

Or he can get a mint 7a from me for 200k

grin grin grin grin
Yes sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (91) (Reply)

Reinstall Ur Nokia Certificates Witout Pc Suite. / Fake Nokia N95i & Nokia N99i / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os

Viewing this topic: Thutmose and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.