Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:42 AM

How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os (120559 Views)

How To Flash Your Android Phone Free Without Going To Engineers / How To Flash Your Symbian S60 Phone Yourself Without Pc Works On All / You Never Have To Flash your Nokia Phone Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Z8(m): 3:10pm On Nov 28, 2011
The BB doctor is here and will pilot this thread by teaching you how to flash your BB OS and save you tons of money you would spend when you take the phone to be fixed.
Firstly you will need to install the blackberry desktop manger, it comes in a CD when u purchase you BB phone but can easily be downloaded. An additional software to download would be BBSAK, its used to back up BB applications and restore them among other functions. Lastly you'll need to download the version of the OS you want to install. a simple way of getting this is by visiting blackberryrocks.com and trace a suitable OS from there.
Now that we have all this we can begin
1. connect your phone via USB
2. Backup all important contents with the blackberry desktop manager by clicking device>restore
3. Back up all 3rd party applications using bbsak by selecting the back up app option
4. install the OS on your windows computer like any other normal sofware, when done go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader look for a file "vedor.xml" and delete it
5.remove the battery den plug the phone via USB to the computer go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and click on the application "apploader.exe"
6.after it has detecting your PIN click next/continue select all the components of the OS you want and click next/contiune
7. The installation will begin be careful not to disconnect the phone while it is installing
8. when it gets to the part of "trying to reconnect to JVM" insert the battery back into the phone
9.once the installation is completed use the same process to restore your applications back to the phone and also to restore the backed up data from the blackberry desktop manager
Now even though many problems can be solved in the BB world by a simple hard reset , this is process is will take care of problems that defy hard restore, it should be stressed that this should only be used as a last resort though. and also backed up applications should only be restored to phones with the same model. because i noticed it made the phones to hang alot if you restore in a different model

Any problems with your BB phone can also be posted here and i'll attend to it, and if you know the solution to a BB problem you can also assist by sharing

2 Likes

Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by deevuu(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2011
Useful info!, im using a curve3 and i have OS6 running on it, buh of recent the fone hangs alot and restarts by itself, whats the problem, and wot can i do?
thanks!
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by n3rve(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2011
It sounds like you're just reloading the OS. When you say "flash", I'll expect a complete wipe (crashed & nuked) BlackBerry that wouldn't even boot, then you can proceed to deploy the firmware and subsequently install applications. To do complete wipes, I use JLCmder, BBSAK is a bit buggy so I rarely use it.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 1:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
[n3rve]:

It sounds like you're just reloading the OS. When you say "flash", I'll expect a complete wipe (crashed & nuked) BlackBerry that wouldn't even boot, then you can proceed to deploy the firmware and subsequently install applications. To do complete wipes, I use JLCmder, BBSAK is a bit buggy so I rarely use it.

Thats it, you have said it all! There is a total difference between flashing and a complete wipe out of the OS.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Mcleo007(m): 3:58pm On Dec 03, 2011
I tried deleting a bunch of older videos that were made
on the previous phone and even after they are gone,
they are still showing up in my media list. If I click the
video, it plays a completely different video instead. If
I try delete the video from the list, the name doesn't
even disappear. If I connect the device to the USB
port on my laptop, I can see for sure that those other
videos' dont exist, yet the device doesn't reflect that.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a
solution? Perhaps a "Clear Cache" option or
something to that affect?
I read somewhere on the net that I should delete d bbthumbs.dat file on my list by using the "show hidden" on the explore menu. It didn't work.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 9:01am On Dec 05, 2011
Mcleo007:

I tried deleting a bunch of older videos that were made
on the previous phone and even after they are gone,
they are still showing up in my media list. If I click the
video, it plays a completely different video instead. If
I try delete the video from the list, the name doesn't
even disappear. If I connect the device to the USB
port on my laptop, I can see for sure that those other
videos' dont exist, yet the device doesn't reflect that.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a
solution? Perhaps a "Clear Cache" option or
something to that affect?
I read somewhere on the net that I should delete d bbthumbs.dat file on my list by using the "show hidden" on the explore menu. It didn't work.

Do a Battery Pull(Remove your Battery while your BB is still on, its perfectly safe todo that) that will solve the problem.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by brainpulse: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2011
Ii cannot check my balance on my BB
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by GWslim(f): 3:36pm On Dec 05, 2011
brainpulse:

Ii cannot check my balance on my BB

network problem.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by jahofa: 3:49pm On Dec 05, 2011
pls wat the solution to my Black berry tour Bluetooth. every time i try to turn it on it dosent come on. Please wats the solution.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by ayolinger(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2011
I have a curve 2 that run on OS5, can i go beyond that OS,& again my Charger recently got burnt while am charging my fone and as a result of that has affected my fone and it hardly charge even when it show charging and so many errors and restarting for no reason,what the best solution?
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Z8(m): 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2011
@devu i have seen people with the problem, there might be an application it doesn't support.happened to be when i used BBSAK to load application from bold 4 to curve 3. remove the app if u can't find it or thats not the problem reload the os make sure u back up ur data
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Z8(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2011
@ner3ve it wipes it also, because the new OS u put is different.think of it as the same as formatting your win 7 with another win 7, none of the old files will remain
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by ayolinger(m): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2011
Is anyone replying to my question,cos i've been charging for over two hours now and still battery low!.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Z8(m): 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2011
curve 2 can't go beyond os5,
kk to wipe the os means to remove the os entirely, the phone will be empty, u' ll get some kind of "error 501" message or something like that. but u'll still need to load the os. as above
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Mcleo007(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2011
Infoseye:

Do a Battery Pull(Remove your Battery while your BB is still on, its perfectly safe todo that) that will solve the problem.

Done that severally, still up with the problem. Each time I delete the videos, they show up again. Worse now is I can't get any file on my memory card. Could it be that the card is corrupt, since I cnt get it to format?
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by peterz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2011
i bought a vodafone bb 9520 from a friend that came in from the uk. i tried all the available unlock services but i am still deadlocked.
here is my problem:
using mepd the phone shows that the sim and others is and network is blocked
there are no mep attempts left on the phone.
some forums i have visited suggest that the phone is permanently locked to its carrier
while others suggest that the phone can still be unlocked.
please kindly advise what to do as i really want to use the phone here.
thanks
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by peterz(m): 5:46pm On Dec 05, 2011
sorry sim and others say inactive while the network says blocked.
someone please help out here.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by chinnyonwu(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2011
How can ƚ make my curve 3g to show me ''2g network only'' in d settings?? ƚ only see 3g only, then 3g and 2g
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2011
jahofa:

pls wat the solution to my Black berry tour Bluetooth. every time i try to turn it on it dosent come on. Please wats the solution.

Reload your OS that might help.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2011
chinnyonwu:

How can ƚ make my curve 3g to show me ''2g network only'' in d settings?? ƚ only see 3g only, then 3g and 2g

Goto Options--->Network and connections--->Mobile network----->Network Mode then select 2G. Look at the screenshot I uploaded Am using Curve 3G also.

Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 10:36pm On Dec 05, 2011
peterz:

sorry sim and others say inactive while the network says blocked.
someone please help out here.

peterz:

i bought a vodafone bb 9520 from a friend that came in from the uk. i tried all the available unlock services but i am still deadlocked.
here is my problem:
using mepd the phone shows that the sim and others is and network is blocked
there are no mep attempts left on the phone.
some forums i have visited suggest that the phone is permanently locked to its carrier
while others suggest that the phone can still be unlocked.
please kindly advise what to do as i really want to use the phone here.
thanks

Both of you shpould visit the nearest good BB repairers.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 10:40pm On Dec 05, 2011
ayolinger:

Is anyone replying to my question,cos i've been charging for over two hours now and still battery low!.

Replace your battery.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by dino2006(m): 10:50pm On Dec 05, 2011
hello friends
I tried upgrading my bb 9300 to os 6, directly from d bb dm, after connecting to the internet; but it kept on telling me application memory is zero. I deleted some of my applications to free memory, but it still kept on giving me thesame error. When i tried to check the memory left from the options, i still had almost 100 mb free. please wat sholud i do?
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Kellymann: 7:20am On Dec 06, 2011
Good work guys!

I have an issue wit a javeline, I restored backup from a bold 2 on it & since then, when it boots, it gets to the a point where it shows the brand its branded to. Its vodafone branded, so instead of booting & getting to desktop, it will just get to dat vodafone screen page & stop there.

I've tried to reload the OS, but the desktop manager does not detect the phone.

Pls wot can I D̶̲̥̅̊Φ. Will appreciate suggestions pls.

Thanks.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Z8(m): 7:57am On Dec 06, 2011
007 try removing the memory card, then see if the problem continues be sure to switch of the phone 1st
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Z8(m): 8:00am On Dec 06, 2011
Dino average OS size is about 130-150, do try having at least 200mb free, be sure u have a dependable network for what you are doing.if it looses connection in-between u
Might have a problem
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2011
Kellymann:

Good work guys!

I have an issue wit a javeline, I restored backup from a bold 2 on it & since then, when it boots, it gets to the a point where it shows the brand its branded to. Its vodafone branded, so instead of booting & getting to desktop, it will just get to dat vodafone screen page & stop there.

Thanks.

You have two options,

1. Download the default Vendor OS or 2 goto your where your OS files are located on your computer and delete the 'Vendor file' ONLY! They reload the OS it will work. PLZ DELETE ONLY THE VENDOR FILE O!
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Kellymann: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2011
Infoseye:

You have two options,

1. Download the default Vendor OS or 2 goto your where your OS files are located on your computer and delete the 'Vendor file' ONLY! They reload the OS it will work. PLZ DELETE ONLY THE VENDOR FILE O!

Appreciate ur sugg, but that's exactly wot I did. But the desktop manager wasn't detecting the fone, neither is the application loader when I tried reloading the OS.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 8:28am On Dec 06, 2011
dino2006:

hello friends
I tried upgrading my bb 9300 to os 6, directly from d bb dm, after connecting to the internet; but it kept on telling me application memory is zero. I deleted some of my applications to free memory, but it still kept on giving me thesame error. When i tried to check the memory left from the options, i still had almost 100 mb free. please wat sholud i do?

Solution

1.Do a complete backup of your contacts bla bla bla (As in a complete backup).
2. Goto to Security Wipe
3.Selet what you want to wipe out, then enter Blackberry then select wipe.)(This will totall wipe out all contacts applications everything on the Application memory).
4. Now install the OS, once you successfully install the OS. Now do you backup recovery.

Get back here and tell me your results  wink
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 8:31am On Dec 06, 2011
Kellymann:

Appreciate your sugg, but that's exactly wot I did. But the desktop manager wasn't detecting the fone, neither is the application loader when I tried reloading the OS.

What version of DM are you using? If you are using an old version upgrade and try it.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Infoseye(m): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2011
Kellymann:

Good work guys!

Thanks.

If my suggestion does not work for you, no wahala I got your back I have a software that compresses BB OS, but first try the option I mentioned above first.
Re: How To Reformatt (flash) Your Blackberry Os by Kellymann: 8:38am On Dec 06, 2011
Infoseye:

What version of DM are you using? If you are using an old version upgrade and try it.

thanks. im using version 6 which i believe is the latest version. what i want to try now is use that jlcmdr to wipe the phone & reload the os & see if it willk work.

tanx so much for the suggestions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Cheap Data Subscription Codes For All Networks In Nigeria (Reloaded) / Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other / How To Fix "App Not Installed" Error On Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.