Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury (33219 Views)

Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling / Angry Cristiano Ronaldo Removes Silver Medal After Juve Lost Super Cup (Photos) / Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by robosky02(m): 5:17pm On Aug 03, 2021
Unknown to millions who watched Blessing Oborududu wrestle her way to win Silver in the 68kg free style women wrestling event at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, she actually defield a nagging knee injury to become the first Nigerian to win medal in the event.

According to the Chairman of the Caretaker Committee of the Nigerian Wrestling Federation Dr. Daniel Igali “She d id her best. We have been treating that tender knee all through the Olympics.
I was surprise she was able to take a full double attack.”

The Minister of Youth and Sports Development Chief Sunday Dare has assured that the knee will be fixed in any country of her choice when she gets back to Nigeria and settles down”.

The Bayelsa State Commissioner for Sports added “Coming here to Tokyo I would have gladly taken a bronze from Blessing. This is a precious record breaking silver. I’m so so proud of her.

Thanks everyone for the massive support. We look forward to another great performance from Odunayo.”

Oborududu t entered the record books as the first Nigerian to win a wrestling medal at the Olympics.

She claimed the coveted silver following a 4-1 defeat to her long term foe American Tamyra Mensah Stock.

https://www.completesports.com/revealed-blessing-oborodudu-defies-injury-to-win-silver-for-nigeria/

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by ignis: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2021
FTC

Congratulations to her, and congratulations to Me for being first to comment.

I dedicate this success to my parents and all Igbos and oduduwa people in the struggle for freedom.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Tony3245(m): 5:21pm On Aug 03, 2021
What a man can do, a woman can do the same and even better if given the opportunity. Congratulations to her once more. cool

Kindly check my signature for quality and reliable help in your project or any research work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by heniford2: 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2021
Igbo the heart beat of Nigeria

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Commentor: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
heniford2:
Igbo the heart beat of Nigeria

Very soon una go claim Haruna Abubakar as igbo.
grin

63 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Commentor: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2021
ignis:
Igbo Amaka

Wrong thread.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by heniford2: 5:28pm On Aug 03, 2021
Commentor:

Very soon una go claim Haruna Abubakar as igbo.
grin
that one na useless person grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by brosom(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
If only the dullard will acknowledge her

God bless you for making ur self proud..

Congratulations!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Barbsamiin: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
nice one
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by dfrost: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nice one Blessing. A medal at last.

Small something na still something. Who no go, no fit know. E no easy at all.

Meanwhile op, it is "defied". Please adjust accordingly.

5 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by freshkpomo(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
shocked

Sport unites Nigerians not the so called NYSC . On a serious note this girl fit enter Guinness book of record for the widest mouth, I love that shout of joy.

Nairalanders support my signature let's raise thousands of votes.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by specialmati(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
cool cool cool cool congrat to her.i see alot of nigerians representing other nations.do you know that i have not seen anyone from other country representing nigeria.what it means is if we can fix this country we will pack alot of gold in Olympics.but can the country be fixed.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by ATEAMS: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
Nice
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
awwwn.. nice one anyway
she tried
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Plut01: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021

Congrats Girl.

Omo, the way I dey see this girl ehn and wetin dey occur for my mind be say her P**** go don turn muscle finish ooo. She no go sweet F°°k.

Crystalmero:
hj

You're the foolish one here because your mind is so dirty to the extent that you have termed my shortened words for something else.

Give your life to Christ before it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Jestin: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2021
May God bless you Blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Huore: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by phlank: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
How is it that OP cannot spell defied, that he had to spell DEFIELD twice in this post.

Anyways!!! Igbo amaka

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by judey1992(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Abeg make una check the spelling of the "defield" correct am

3 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Coronavirus123: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Congrats
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Onyi22(f): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Who send her grin cheesy
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Skillsnigeria: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Unsad(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Now this is what I call Excellence.

Buying Bitcoins and other digital assets at exotic rate and fast pay.

Contact on Sig.
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Pasupa: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Okay

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Kingcalls: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
North no de do Olympics abi na haram ?? Cos I see muslim countries for Olympics... nothing those parasites contribute apart from destruction.... even long distance wey dia people de do , we no see ... na dem carry AK pass but them no even de shooting competition

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Authoreety: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
Congrats to her... Nigeria ain't worth her stress

1 Like

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by McOluOmo: 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin pesin fit use that picture soopy oo'
Soopy guys are you with me?

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by einsteine(m): 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
OP, try and defy your bad grammar.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by UncleKoboko: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
grin cheesy
Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by goldman777: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2021
Defied not defield

11 Likes

Re: Blessing Oborududu Wins Olympics Silver Medal For Nigeria Despite Injury by Felabrity: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2021
Only our females are winning us medals

Hmm

Where that 100m guy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 45th Birthday Today / Asisat Oshoala Scores A Goal For Liverpool On Her Debut / Iheanacho In Man City's Starting Line Up Vs Milan, Scores A Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.