Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine (9593 Views)

WHO Announces Funding To Roll-out For First-ever Malaria Vaccine In Africa / German Drugmaker, Biontech Set To Develop Malaria Vaccine / UK Approves Pfizer-Biontech COVID-19 Vaccine For Use, First In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by lalasticlala(m): 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URe3soCnZVE

Germany’s BioNTech aims to develop world’s first mRNA malaria vaccine

Mainz-based pharmaceutical lab BioNTech is already taking on an ambitious new project to create a revolutionary mRNA vaccine for malaria, less than a year after their groundbreaking COVID-19 vaccine went into production. The vaccine would be a world-first for mRNA technology used to combat malaria.

The BioNTech team hopes to have the vaccine in clinical trials in 2022, and could even begin to be administered to the general population in affected regions around 2023 or 2024. With an effective vaccine, BioNTech could become the world's first provider of mRNA malaria drugs.

The announcement of the project comes a year after the lab created the world’s first vaccine against the COVID-19 virus, together with its American partner Pfizer. Preliminary results suggest that the vaccine has been a success against COVID-19 in Germany and around the world.

BioNTech are using their new technology to combat other diseases
Malaria and COVID-19 are not the only illnesses that BioNTech has set its sights on combatting. The founders of the company both have backgrounds in oncology, and are keen to use their knowledge of mRNA technology to tackle several different types of cancer.

https://www.iamexpat.de/lifestyle/lifestyle-news/germanys-biontech-develop-worlds-first-mrna-malaria-vaccine

3 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Adlac(m): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
We are eagerly awaiting the revolutionary mRNA vaccine for malaria. Malaria has been a major illness affecting Millions of household on Africa soil. Lots of death can be attributed to the Malady.

FCT First time Ever!

Dedicated to Millions of Families that lost their loves ones to this Illness.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by dmbb: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
That is wonderful, it is far better than Covid-19 vaccine especially in Africa

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by AmazingELixir: 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
They should concentrate on something else please...malaria, banditry and terrorism keep our population in check

5 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by AuntRose(f): 12:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
Africa can't develop one but will wait for a white man who's alien to the disease to develop one for them, if it's carry religion for head it is A1

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by olaric(m): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hopefully, this works and is free from controversies like ones being peddled about COVID-19 vaccines and the Antichrist bla bla bla... Malaria is one of the most underrated illnesses that kills loads of people in tropical areas than anything else. If this succeeds, then its au revoir to Chloroquine and other malaria and antimalarial drugs.

Question again is, will those mafias who specialize in distributing malaria drugs be interested in the vaccine?

7 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2021
cool
Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Unsad(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hope it works.

Check my Sig for the best deals bosses.

1 Like

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by JayB11(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Bad market for mosquitoes, especially za feemale....las las we go get cure against anything female. WE MOVE!!!

2 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Idiotmod: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
They should help us find HIV own fess abeg. I’m tired of using condom

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by callthefred: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Some great news for the world. That useless country called China should be dealt with but with useless leaders in Africa always going there for crumbs.
Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by WibusJaga: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Good one.
Here in Nigeria, Malaria deserves much greater attention than that nonsense Covid.

2 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Unigrad: 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Nice technology.
Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by chyzoo4u(m): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
Things like this never crosses the mind of a black man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by sunshineV(f): 12:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
will it stop mosquitoes from disturbing me in my sleep?

2 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by TheFacelessMan: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
cool

Exciting development.

Reminds me of when I stole corporate secrets from a pharmaceutical giant....

5 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by awa(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
Oyobo self... If many Africans refuse the Covid-19 vaccines they will certainly come for the malaria vaccine. That is okay oooo

1 Like

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by tillaman(m): 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
The facelessman has something to say,
Let’s hear you brethren

1 Like

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Hambivert: 12:19pm On Aug 04, 2021
Would the vaccine stop Nigerians especially an AA Vacinee from contracting Malaria?

It may work in Europe, but over here in the tropics if sparogatively the vacine works, I have a feeling these mosquitoes would mutate and evolve. I don't know the economic importance of mosquitoes. I'm quite certain they don't have, except to sing off key and spread malaria upandan.

But you should know, does little things hate to be sidelined.
How do I know?
Anytime I hear their Tonto Dikeh voices humming past my ears, I just know they have bigger plans that eyes have not seen neither have ears heard.

2 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by sunshineV(f): 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
chyzoo4u:
Things like this never crosses the mind of a black man.
and na we e dey chop pass o
Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Franking: 12:20pm On Aug 04, 2021
Malaria is a big concern for Africa and Africans yet we will depend on others for a solution. If it's prayers now we will carry it on our heads. We will build the biggest auditorium for prayers.

5 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Doggedseller: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
Ok

Dont just be told, be a part of the new lagos with shikini money.

080 6029 1729 to get started

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Emmerlee(m): 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
Wow! That would be a real game changer cool
Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by YorubaKinging: 12:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
The end is near

Vaccines the 666 mark?

3 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Skoonheid(f): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
self-amplifying messenger RNA vaccine are just an artificially created self-replicating virus. Get vaxxed at your own risk.

2 Likes

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by awa(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
sunshineV:
will it stop mosquitoes from disturbing me in my sleep?

Maybe it will only stop you from have sickness due to mosquitoes bite. Let's wait and see
Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by OBTMOS(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
Why is HIV vaccine and cure so difficult then.
Corona virus got a vaccine within a year.

1 Like

Re: BioNTech To Develop mRNA Malaria Vaccine by Sabadon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 04, 2021
Thank God for technology, but why are the bereaved not bothered even for centuries, still relying on strangers to keep our house in check

Africa my Africa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enugu Approves 60 Percent CONHESS For Health Workers Amid Economic Hardship / Oriflame Feminelle Special Care / How I Get Hard And Sustainable Erection Anytime I Want It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.