Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,561 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

My Dog Embarrassed Me - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Embarrassed Me (1297 Views)

I Think My Dog Is Not Dead, The Veterinary Doctor Lied. / My Dog Gave Birth To 7 Puppies This Morning... / Help! See The Funny State Of My Dog's Ear (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Embarrassed Me by achobs: 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2021
My 5mth old GSD embarrassed me today. While out for a walk a kid was also walking his tiny chuwawa dog and the moment my dog bigger in size sighted dis tiny dog na so Bobby pick race o, people were even laughing and making fun of him. Million dollar question is, how do I make him aggressive because I don't want a pet but a security dog. Not yet experienced with dogs but I'm so eager to learn

1 Like

Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by lilvicky68(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2021
Start taking him out often..

If he doesn't change..pour Kai Kai on his eyes and flog him..

3 Likes

Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Kriss216: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2021
Your dog get respect.

That dog you dey call Chiwawa senior your dog well well. Your high budget Ekuke is just being respectful.

3 Likes

Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Haroldjunior: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
He’s not socialized. Make him see other dogs more often and be kind of an anchor to him whenever he sees another dog, there’s a way we use our words to boost our dogs confidence or alertness, you can do that with him when he’s out on walks with you.
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Romanoff(f): 7:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kriss216:
Your dog get respect.

That dog you dey call Chiwawa senior your dog well well. Your high budget Ekuke is just being respectful.

Rotfl. Maybe na even Llasa e dey talk about.
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2021
Funny
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by achobs: 7:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kriss216:
Your dog get respect.

Oga, please mind your language, in as much as this is social media pls apply some decorum.
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Kriss216: 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2021
achobs:

Oga, please mind your language, in as much as this is social media pls apply some decorum.
Wetin dey pain you now

8 Likes

Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Authoreety: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Kriss216:
Your dog get respect.

bro, u no get conscience

Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by olamirewaju6190: 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2021
This is why you don't just buy dog, you have to know the temperament of the parents, from the parents you could identify what possibly could be passed down to the pup
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by harmargedon: 6:58am On Aug 05, 2021
From experience though, you could never tell why your dog ran, take your friend g for walks regularly and see if such will happen again.
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2021
Anything could’ve been the issue
-either your dog isn’t used to walking out in the streets, this could make it uncomfortable and run/panic at the slightest sound/movement or
-perhaps your dog is naturally shy
-response to some sort of trauma it might’ve been exposed
-lastly this one is mostly overlooked by many people and that is the issue of ‘HIERARCHY ‘ Dogs naturally follow and obey ranks so it is possible the tiny chihuahua is an alpha/possibly older than your dog
and due to lack of experience , it doesn’t know it can easily overpower the chihuahua if he tries to.
That being said your dog is just 5months such behavior can still be fixed with the proper and regular training, create a daily routine,start with some basic training/commands (sit, down, come,up) e.t.c then later on move to complex one like (shake,fetch, speak, noise training e.t.c) also while doing this play games like tug of war with your pup this helps to build confidence and consciousness to security/environment ,mind you while doing this to make your job easier,after every successful command don’t forget to reward your puppy with treats.
NOTE:while doing this if you want your puppy to be alert/security conscious limit it’s interaction with outsiders/strangers/ other dogs...during the sessions it should be Just you and your pup
-then if you want it be friendly and confident around other dogs, after a while of training if you notice your dog is getting along with the commands and all,you can start to introduce him to other dogs but you still have a lot of work to do....(it’s a lot for me to type but you can check out NATE SCHOEMER on YouTube, he’s an expert)
Meanwhile you can also contact us @ R.A.W on WhatsApp or follow our new instagram page for more tips...we’re always ready to help

Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by odoemena2020: 7:33am On Aug 06, 2021
Was your dog on leash? When u saw the chuwawa what was your 1st reaction? Dogs pick our body language and react, we lead them, especially at that very early age, they expect us to protect them till they are ready to protect us, try walk her often pick either very early in the morning or late at night when the road is calm less busy little or no distraction, have a routine and spend more time with your puppy with time she will build confidence in you then her self, one more thing when my puppy was around that age I bring her inside my siting room and play sound of dogs barking, at 1st she was looking for where to hide but after 2 3 days she starts looking for where the sound is coming from and started barking back, then I calm her then reward her, small small, same thing when we go out, once other dogs big or small starts barking at us I increase the leash for her to go further a little then I calm her down. Every dog have it in them just find a way of bringing it out, and the earlier the better. Never beat or shout on your dog outside to be aggressive or isolate her to make her aggressive if u do she will become a scared dog, she won't trust or have confidence in you, when she is grown and eventually start becoming aggressive she won't listen to you and may even try to challenge you for the Alpha position DM me let's talk more
achobs:
My 5mth old GSD embarrassed me today. While out for a walk a kid was also walking his tiny chuwawa dog and the moment my dog bigger in size sighted dis tiny dog na so Bobby pick race o, people were even laughing and making fun of him. Million dollar question is, how do I make him aggressive because I don't want a pet but a security dog. Not yet experienced with dogs but I'm so eager to learn
Re: My Dog Embarrassed Me by Charlesmike1(m): 2:34pm On Aug 06, 2021
If you need a proper lesson on how to train your dog, chat me up... I will help you on those... Dr Charles 08103918913

(1) (Reply)

Look At What I Just Killed / 3 Reasons Why Nigeria Should Protect Her Wildlife / K9kennels Is Leaving Nigeria. Who Can Adopt Our 2 Best Dogs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.