Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes (30326 Views)

Rihanna Officially Is Now A Billionaire / Tyler Perry Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes / Rihanna Officially Becomes The World’s Richest Female Musician (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by MakotoShishio: 10:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Rihanna has officially been declared a billionaire by Forbes magazine.

The Barbadian singer and fashion designer has become the wealthiest female musician in the world and the second richest female entertainer behind Oprah Winfrey.

According to Forbes, Rihanna is worth $1.7bn (£1.2bn).

While she became famous for hits such as Umbrella, Diamonds and Rude Boy, it was the success of her Fenty Beauty business that launched her to billionaire status.

The majority of her fortune, an estimated $1.4bn (£1bn), comes from the value of the brand which she launched in 2017 and of which she owns 50%.

Most of the rest of her wealth comes from her stake in her lingerie company, Savage x Fenty, which is worth an estimated $270m (£194m) and her work as a musician and actress.

Earlier this year, Rihanna was accused of cultural appropriation after she posed topless for an Instagram shot while wearing just silk boxers and a necklace featuring the Hindu god Ganesha.

The image, in promotion of her Savage x Fenty lingerie line, angered some fans, with one labelling it "disrespect 101".

It was not the first time she has been accused of cultural insensitivity, with the singer apologising to the Muslim community over her "unintentionally offensive" use of sacred texts during another lingerie fashion show.

After she was criticised for using a song featuring a sample from Islam's sacred Hadith texts, thanked fans for what she called an "honest, yet careless mistake".

She also drew the ire of India's government in February after tweeting in support of farmers who were protesting in New Delhi over agriculture laws.

The Indian government later criticised celebrities who backed the cause on social media, claiming they were neither "accurate nor responsible".

https://news.sky.com/story/rihanna-officially-declared-a-billionaire-by-forbes-12372678

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Aidejay(m): 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2021
congrats RiRi baby, the StarGirl.
I love seeing this diversification of income that artists are doing now. no more putting all your talent in music only now they get to explore their other creative outlets and being out something that is even more profitable than music.

I hope naija artists have this in mind. no be to just open record label, or politics do something outside e for be the key to your billions.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Aidejay(m): 11:06pm On Aug 04, 2021
Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2021
Don jazzy right now...

234 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by maureensylvia(f): 12:44am On Aug 05, 2021
At last

Congratulations to her
I'm next!!!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by ODJ124(m): 1:45am On Aug 05, 2021
Congrats to her...

*Bankers will be looking rich inside the bank until they start dragging Keke with u*
grin grin

Thread seen..

185 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by ODJ124(m): 1:51am On Aug 05, 2021
She should do and marry oo

1 Like

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by dahmie2013: 7:37am On Aug 05, 2021
My Riri, congrats girl! More money to you.... Please your fans need a song @ least. Don't abandon music.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by OkuFaba(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
When would Don jazzy shoot his shot..

10 Likes

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by EXLOVER(m): 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Breaking up with Chris Brown really made Rihanna to be a strong and private woman, now she's a Billionaire, my man Breezy is now looking sick and unhealthy.

Sometimes dream world is cool, have had sex with Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Cardi B, i disflowered Beyonce even before Jay Z got her contact, the sweetest is Omotola and Nengi. Thank God for my younger bro that woke me up the day i wanted to do 3some with Weird MC and Mercy Johnson

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by DisLifeSha: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Baba God I beg open my way for me. You can also connect me to Rhianna

6 Likes

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by fourboys: 10:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Long overdue the girl is talented. Singing she dey! acting she dey! Business she dey,, congrats bad girl riri. Currently playing ONLY GIRL IN THE WORLD cool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Mi love!

2 Likes

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Clintonchiedzie(m): 10:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Self made billionaires

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by naijadjmixtape: 10:40am On Aug 05, 2021
Download best of Rihanna mixtape on naijadjmixtape.com
Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Ihavethingstodo: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
My RIri congratulations kiss
Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by MrCGPA(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Convert her Net Worth to Naira and see if she is Not Dangerously Rich. God kindly pick my calls.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by faithfull18(f): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
God when cry
Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
ODJ124:

1.After the bad experience she had with Chris brown?

2.Marriage for single rich people is very very difficult. You have to be positively sure that the person you are getting involved with is not after your money or reflected fame.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by obembet(f): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
If she be Nigerian now... All this aboki go dey shout sugar daddy

DisLifeSha:
Baba God I beg open my way for me. You can also connect me to Rhianna

Aboki go and work.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by shunletsam(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Roon9(m): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Riri baby!!!
Now no amount of pvssy hawking can fetch one a billion dollars. Our ladies need to learn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Nuelito: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
Big moves....she is a good entrepreneur

3 Likes

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Zooposki(f): 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
ODJ124:

I’m just happy Nigerian men can’t shame her. cheesy

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Jerryherd: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
cool

Business sense

Congratulations Rih

Re: Rihanna Officially Becomes A Billionaire - Forbes by Dexterfire: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2021
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kimani Dazzles In New Photos / Rita Dominic Is 38 Years Old Today! / Jayden Ubi-Ofem's 2nd Birthday: Lilian Esoro & Ubi Franklin Celebrate Their Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.