Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 (39164 Views)

Ravi Zacharias Dies Of Cancer At 74 / Pastor Wilson Had Sex With His Wife's Best Friend's Daughter - Pastor Thaddeus / Pastor David E. Wilson Sex Video Scandal Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by giusjr(m): 10:55pm On Aug 07, 2021
The Former General Overseer of the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria, Revd Dr. Wilson Adebogun BADEJO has died at the age of 74. This was contained in an official statement from the headquarters of the church located in yaba, Lagos state Nigeria which was signed by the National Secretary of the church. Late Rev BADEJO served as the general Overseer of the church between 1999 and 2009. He's a highly revered man of God who, during his lifetime was regarded as one of the greatest leader of the church of God in the country.

A SPIRITUAL COLOSSUS JOINS THE SAINTS TRIUMPHANT

"We are confident I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." 2 Corinthians 5:8 KJV
The Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria announces with a deep sense of loss but in total submission to the will of Almighty God, the transition to eternal glory of our dearly beloved father in the Lord, former General Overseer and faithful steward of the Most-High God, Rev. Dr. Wilson Adebogun Badejo, aged 74years.
Rev. Dr. Badejo went to be with the Lord in the early hours of Saturday August 7, 2021. He was a great achiever, an accomplished servant of God, a role model, a bridge builder, a quintessential ecclesiastical frontline leader, a gifted orator, a trail blazer, mentor, teacher per excellence, an apostle and respected family man.

Dr. Badejo served the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria in several ministerial capacities, crowning his stewardship at the apex as the General Overseer of the Church from 1999 to 2009. He was a man of many parts who was able to unlock socio-cultural gateways, and in the process successfully endeared several friends and loved ones from all works of life across the divide.

As a Church, we are greatly saddened by this heart-rending loss but quick to encourage everyone to take solace in the fact that our father in the Lord lived a fulfilling, God-fearing and impactful life while on this side of eternity, leaving behind an indelible mark in the heart of everyone who came his way.
At this trying time, we call for prayers for the family of our departed father and for the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria, while also soliciting needed respect for the privacy of the W.A. Badejo family as they draw strength from above to sail through this season.

Esteemed regards,
Rev. Yomi Oyinloye National Secretary.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by NwaAmaikpe: 10:56pm On Aug 07, 2021
shocked

T.K.O for another Daddy G.O.

I wonder why they're dying younger than their seniors who are not even as holy as them yet gearing up for the next Presidential election in 2023.

34 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by giusjr(m): 10:57pm On Aug 07, 2021
What's wrong with Nigeria. Everyone is just dying. Lord have mercy o
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Baawaa(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2021
May his soul rest in peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Afamsi: 11:10pm On Aug 07, 2021
Many more will still die between now and 2023. God is doing some work in his house and in Nigeria in general. Many people sha will not understand

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Kobojunkie: 11:18pm On Aug 07, 2021
giusjr:
The Former General Overseer of the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria, Revd Dr. Wilson Adebogun BADEJO has died at the age of 74. This was contained in an official statement from the headquarters of the church located in yaba, Lagos state Nigeria which was signed by the National Secretary of the church. Late Rev BADEJO served as the general Overseer of the church between 1999 and 2009. He's a highly revered man of God who, during his lifetime was regarded as one of the greatest leader of the church of God in the country.
How can he be said to have joined the saints when all those dead in Christ, are sleeping in their graves awaiting the return of Jesus Christ, who will then judge each man's work to then separate saints from sinners in the end - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46? undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Ammishaddai: 11:38pm On Aug 07, 2021
Three Nigerian pastors dead in less than a year . May God have mercy
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by chatinent: 12:22am On Aug 08, 2021
Ok.
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Asgard73: 1:17am On Aug 08, 2021
Rest on
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by YungMillionaire: 1:46am On Aug 08, 2021
Edited: After listening to the testimonies from fellow Nairalanders about Rev. Badejo, I began to question myself about my opinions of him. I did a little research and found out that Rev Badejo was not the G.O in charge during the events I witnessed. I sincerely and humbly apologize to his family, friends and fellow Christians. There is no excuse for my carelessness. And I will like to express my appreciation to the Nairalanders below who challenged my opinion and forced me to do a re-think and realize my error. Thank you for holding my feet to the fire. Iron sharpens Iron. And without your pushback I may not have arrived at the truth. May the Gentle Soul of the dearly departed Rev. Badejo rest in peace. May the family he left behind find unlimited favor before humans and God. And may those of us who are left behind be found worthy when our time comes.

post=104554685]Your comment made us to log in today, We were planning to come back online on Monday prior now, [/quote]
[quote author=princepee
:
very harsh of you Let GOD be the judge.
mafmag:
[color=#000099][/color]Be careful judging the affairs of the saints in death...Judgement is ongoing over there, let the afterlife realms do their job!!!
prekumohtim:
Do you know his heart, what contain there in (in KJ words)I, or what rules he was subjected to?Judge not bro. Jesus knows the heart of all men and the motive behind their actions. He knows what are done in secrets , nothing at all is hidden from Him. Only Jesus shall judge all flesh
HedwigesMaduro:
Did you have a first hand info on this, or you heard it from someone?
Missyajoke:
It's bad to speak I'll of the dead
molbic:
you've cast your verdict baa ,.Anyway God has the final say
FrankGiel:
U are regurgitating what you were told. DOs are very powerful in Foursquare. If the DO was really impactful, his members will rally around his family..
Daroldigits:
Are you the judge? If not keep your mouth safe
Olayemitemitope:
You should mind your statement towards the Man of God, either is man of devil nothing concern you, you are not the one to judge him, are you God? Are you the one that called him? Why are you judging him? While Bible said that we should not judge, so that we will not be judged.Daddy Badejo, May Your Gentle Soul Rest in Perfect Peace

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by tillaman(m): 1:54am On Aug 08, 2021
Rest in peace Pastor, May God comfort the bereaved family!

1 Like

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by leofab(f): 2:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Booming industry

1 Like

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by SEGLIZ: 3:21am On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
How can he be said to have joined the saints when all those dead in Christ, are sleeping in their graves awaiting the return of Jesus Christ, who will then judge each man's work to then separate saints from sinners in the end - Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46? undecided

there isn't controversy in Christianity and The Bible only human misinterprets.

Sleep on our Daddy in The Lord.

2 Likes

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Sugardick: 5:20am On Aug 08, 2021
I will never forget Foursquare Gospel Church, Ailegun road Ejigbo
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by phemmyfour: 6:34am On Aug 08, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Figure of speech
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Kobojunkie: 6:40am On Aug 08, 2021
phemmyfour:
Figure of speech
What figure of speech would that be? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by princepee: 8:09am On Aug 08, 2021
Rip GO.. Saw this Man few months ago he was looking so healthy
Not knowing that death is lurking somewhere.
Death na turn by turn

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by princepee: 8:14am On Aug 08, 2021
YungMillionaire:
I know this man. He was not a good man. He treated his district overseers very poorly. One of the district overseers died and his family was never catered for under this useless g.o. No RIP to him. May he rot in hell where he belongs.
very harsh of you
Let GOD be the judge.

23 Likes

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Tony3245(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2021
My condolences to the family. Epicurus once said;
"Why should I be afraid of death for when it exist, I am not and when I exist, it is not. So why should I be afraid of that which exist when I am not?"

The religious will remind you of the afterlife, which in addition I will agree with Epicurus that "we shouldn't be afraid of death" and with the boy scout slogan.... 'Be prepared'
Bear that in mind.

Kindly check my signature for your project writeup, business proposal, advertisements, content writing, assignment...etc all at your service.
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by HEAVEN4444: 8:49am On Aug 08, 2021
HMMM
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Sonnobax15(m): 8:49am On Aug 08, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by psalmsmiles(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2021
In the end, the G.O's are just as human as the rest of us. May his soul rest in peace or however they say it

2 Likes

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Seniorwriter(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2021
RIP

Religion na politics in Nigeria, Africa.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2021
May God rest his soul.
My condolences to the bereaved family.
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2021
Pls, if you live in or around oral estate lekki, a fellow nairalander needs your help.. (not financially)
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by iHart(m): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2021
giusjr:
What's wrong with Nigeria. Everyone is just dying. Lord have mercy o
Nothing is wrong with Nigeria. Population is increasing so is death also increasing.

Ammishaddai:
Three Nigerian pastors dead in less than a year . May God have mercy
it is not three Nigerian pastors but three Nigerian pastors you know.

12 Likes

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by dahmie2013: 8:53am On Aug 08, 2021
Rest in peace God's general... sad cry cry
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by mafmag(m): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2021
[color=#000099][/color]
YungMillionaire:
I know this man. He was not a good man. He treated his district overseers very poorly. One of the district overseers died and his family was never catered for under this useless g.o. No RIP to him. May he rot in hell where he belongs.

Be careful judging the affairs of the saints in death...Judgement is ongoing over there, let the afterlife realms do their job!!!

1 Like

Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by ddeola: 8:53am On Aug 08, 2021
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by JuanDeDios: 8:53am On Aug 08, 2021
Sugardick:
I will never forget Foursquare Gospel Church, Ailegun road Ejigbo
Why, sir?
Re: Rev Wilson Badejo Dies At 74 by YoungLionken(m): 8:53am On Aug 08, 2021
RIP man of God..

T.B. Joshua transited to the great beyond, his fellows refused to identify with the family, let's see if there would be a repetition in this case...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Charley Boy Testifies Of His Salvation At Christ Embassy Abuja Today(Photos) / Primate Ayodele: "Nigeria Will Split In 2035" / Living Faith Church To Construct Four Lane Express From Lafenwa To Ayobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.