Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? (2083 Views)

Popes To Be Declared Saints In April / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ / The Questions Nobody Wants To Answer In Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:38pm On May 17, 2011
as stated above, y arent there ANY Nigerian saints in christianity are 9jas sinners if not, then y do all saints come from d middle east or the west. christianity is so biased. angry angry
Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by donnie(m): 1:06pm On May 17, 2011
Where did you get your facts from? shocked
I am one! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by Joagbaje(m): 4:42pm On May 17, 2011
A christian is called to be a saint.I am a saint. That makes 2.

1 Corinthians 1:2
2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 18, 2011
Because the black people south of the sahara didn't know they could be saints or that jebus was the only way until it was either beaten into them in the new world by slave masters or when they were brainwashed/indoctrinated/forced by the colonial masters. Either way, thank god for the white people who brought middle eastern salvation to black people in Africa then wentt on to build the most advanced civilizations in world history while black people are waiting for the guy with the long hair and blue eyes to take them to neverneverland. Then they are those like who do the a$$ up, face down ritual while speaking gibberish arabic and facing east. god works in mysterious ways.

Its alright though, Harry and LLoyd above are saints now! They were probably canonized by Jo's daddy, pastor chris. Jo in particular has to be a saint, this guy can raise dead people. If he's not a saint, I don't know who is!
Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by Jenwitemi(m): 4:23pm On May 18, 2011
Is Moses Orimolade not a saint as claimed?
Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:32pm On May 22, 2011
im gettin all sorts aa freakish n out of topic answers. this shows that d real infidels n heretics r d christians n moslems. long live Paganism.

1 Like

Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by oaroloye(m): 12:41pm On Apr 21, 2017
SHALOM!

PAGAN9JA:
as stated above, y arent there ANY Nigerian saints in christianity are 9jas sinners if not, then y do all saints come from d middle east or the west. christianity is so biased. angry angry

WHAT WERE YOUR ANCESTORS DOING AT THE TIME YAHSHUA MANIFESTED IN THE FLESH ON EARTH?

. MATTHEW 12:41-45.

41. "The men of Nineveh shall rise
in Judgment with this Generation,
and shall Condemn it:
because they Repented
at the Preaching of Jonas;
and, behold,
a Greater than Jonas is here.
42. "The queen of the South shall rise up
in The Judgment with this Generation,
and shall Condemn it:
for she came from
the uttermost parts of the Earth
to hear the Wisdom of Solomon;
and, behold,
a Greater than Solomon is here.
43. "When the unclean spirit
is gone out of a man,
he walketh through dry places,
seeking rest,
and findeth none.
44. "Then he saith,

'I WILL RETURN INTO MY HOUSE
FROM WHENCE I CAME OUT;'

and when he is come,
he findeth it empty,
swept, and garnished.
45. "Then goeth he,
and taketh with himself
seven other spirits
more Wicked than himself,
and they enter in and dwell there:
and the last state of that man
is worse than the first.
Even so shall it be also
unto this Wicked Generation."

IT WAS THEIR DUTY TO KNOW THAT HE WAS THERE, AND TO HAVE GONE TO MEET HIM.

That is why none of our Ancestors got to be Saints.
Re: Why Arent There Any Nigerian Saints In Christianity? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2017
I honestly don't see the importance of people being labeled "saints" regardless of what part of the world they come from. I feel like that is a man-made honor given to people humans label "extraordinary" based on some specified criteria. Problem is, "mankind" can be very flawed in determining who is deemed "worthy of sainthood".
The Lord knows the heart/motives, sees people's good works (as a result of being saved--not to get saved) and will reward them with eternity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Note To The Athiests On Nairaland / Is Water Baptism A Criteria For Making Heaven? / Download Don Moen Songs For Free Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.