Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,175 members, 7,811,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects (14261 Views)

Police Discover Uniform Of Slain Cop 4 Years After, Arrest 6 / Ogun Police Raid Hideout For Drug Dealers, Mayas, Seize Cash And Drugs / Soldiers Arrest 6 Herdsmen Destroying Farmland In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by FaceThem: 4:53am On Aug 09, 2021
Operatives of the Nasarawa State Police Command have arrested six suspected internet fraudsters and recovered 22 Laptops.

Spokesperson of the command, ASP Rahman Nansel, who disclosed this in a statement on Sunday, August 8, said the suspects were arrested during a raid at a hideout in Keffi area of the state.

"Sequel to the sustained effort and unwavering commitment of the Nasarawa State Police Command towards actualising a crime free state, on 6/8/2021 at about 1130hrs, based on credible and duly processed intelligence, Police personnel attached to Keffi Area Command raided the hide out of suspected internet fraudsters," he stated.

The following suspects were arrested: Vincent Damisa,23, of Auchi, Edo State, Monday Desmond, 18, of Edo State, Donald Godwin, 20, of Benin city, Edo State, Henry Chukwuemeka,18, of Isiala Mbano, Imo State, Emmanuel Ibiala, 27, of Bekwarra, Cross river State and Dakuruk Abel, 28, of Mangu Halle, Plateau State.

"The suspects rented a four bedroom apartment at G.R.A, Keffi where they engaged in cyber crime/internet fraud (Yahoo-Yahoo); consequently, a search warrant was executed in the house which led to the recovery of the following exhibits: twenty two (22) Laptops, Computer mouse, Laptop chargers and extension boxes." the PPRO added.
https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/8/six-suspects-arrested-as-police-raid-hideout-of-internet-fraudsters-in-nasarawa-2.html

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by 111sunshine: 4:58am On Aug 09, 2021
22 laptops...5 boys....they could have use those laptops to set up a training school on programming or even basic computer operations.

they can even open all these waec, jamb, and other examinations registration points and make steady cash but the lure of becoming a "hushpuppy" won.

now, Abba Kyari will sew their prison kaftan

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by saintokwuluora(m): 5:21am On Aug 09, 2021
Yahoo Yahoo is now the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by 111sunshine: 5:32am On Aug 09, 2021
m
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by crossfm: 5:32am On Aug 09, 2021
Hehehe.

Commendably,but when will they go after the grand patron's of yahoo,yahoo. I mean our politicians.

8 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Mihaug(m): 5:33am On Aug 09, 2021
Shiiittttt.....Could've sworn i saw ruggedman and blackfaze...

7 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Freestainworld(m): 5:34am On Aug 09, 2021
Wetin you go do nah, their patrons are looting the economy, this is like a father and son business.
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by vickydevoka(m): 5:37am On Aug 09, 2021
22 laptops. Edo boys am H.K there plan na to open H.k. chai.
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by OgbeniOptional(m): 5:38am On Aug 09, 2021
6 guys, 22 laptops? Something is fishy. I don’t support crime but I lost my faith in anything that comes out from naija police

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by saheedbadmus(m): 5:42am On Aug 09, 2021
How come 6guys and 22 laptops..d rest jaapa when dey saw una ni

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by jy2kbeyond(m): 5:44am On Aug 09, 2021
Truth is, the world is moving fast. The internet fraud virus has eaten deep into the mindset of kids in the country.

Some of these boys should be going to lessons in preparation for JAMB.

God please help this sinking country.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Ahmed0336(m): 5:45am On Aug 09, 2021
Nawa o...

Slawomir boys leave Edo wan come corrupt Nasarawa

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Obagreatdatoye(m): 5:45am On Aug 09, 2021
I know they can never be a northerner. Because northerners don't have the brain capacity for internet suffing

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by symbianDON(m): 5:47am On Aug 09, 2021
saintokwuluora:
Yahoo Yahoo is now the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria.
I swear down! The other day, I saw some filthy looking yahoo boys at shoprite shopping. All they had in two fully loaded trolleys were assorted wines and spirits. They were all holding iPhone 12s. Eventually they paid over N100k for their shopping. Money scammed from innocent people wasted on frivolity. Very annoying.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by symbianDON(m): 5:49am On Aug 09, 2021
Obagreatdatoye:
I know they can never be a northerner. Because northerners don't have the brain capacity for internet suffing
e go shock you!! grin aboki don upgrade teytey

6 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by ironheart(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2021
It should be police raid a laptop sellers house. What if they sell laptop to support themselves in school?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Hassanmaye(m): 5:50am On Aug 09, 2021
symbianDON:
e go shock you!! grin aboki don upgrade teytey
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by tillaman(m): 5:53am On Aug 09, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by dingbang(m): 5:54am On Aug 09, 2021
ironheart:
It should be police raid a laptop sellers house. What if they sell laptop to support themselves in school?
grin
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Emzy90(m): 5:55am On Aug 09, 2021
HQ.... Lol
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by FaceThem: 5:58am On Aug 09, 2021
See More Photos Via www.. com
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:00am On Aug 09, 2021
OgbeniOptional:
6 guys, 22 laptops? Something is fishy. I don’t support crime but I lost my faith in anything that comes out from naija police

I am now finding out some of these people are innocent, where I am one of the biggest second-hand laptop sellers and his two boys have been arrested for Yahoo Yahoo because they refused to give the police bribe. I know this man perfectly he brings laptops from UK and sells them in Nigeria. First they trend criticizing him last year for putting drugs in the laptop when they had no evidence a year later they now criticize him as a fraudster

19 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by OgbeniOptional(m): 6:04am On Aug 09, 2021
Na there way, dem no get life

SUFFERInSMILIIN:

I am now finding out some of these people are innocent, where I am one of the biggest second-hand laptop sellers and his two boys have been arrested for Yahoo Yahoo because they refused to give the police bribe. I know this man perfectly he brings laptops from UK and sells them in Nigeria. First they trend criticizing him last year for putting drugs in the laptop when they had no evidence a year later they now criticize him as a fraudster
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by parzdor(m): 6:06am On Aug 09, 2021
Q
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by sinkhole: 6:08am On Aug 09, 2021
111sunshine:
22 laptops...5 boys....they could have use those laptops to set up a training school on programming or even basic computer operations.

they can even open all these waec, jamb, and other examinations registration points and make steady cash but the lure of becoming a "hushpuppy" won.

now, Abba Kyari will sew their prison kaftan
If you're into crypto mining, those computers may not be enough
It is better to believe the statement of suspected criminals than the NPF. NPF are bigger criminals!
An independent body should be commissioned to look into those laptops and we will get the real truth behind this matter sad

8 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Ogamysamo: 6:10am On Aug 09, 2021
see what d easterners are now doing, in our own state, tanks no one is from my good state.
Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by 111sunshine: 6:13am On Aug 09, 2021
sinkhole:
If you're into crypto mining, those computers may not be enough
It is better to believe the statement of suspected criminals than the NPF. NPF are bigger criminals!

this is not about belief...the NPF may be inept, bad and corrupt but let's not change the narrative by supporting crime and still turn around to blame the police for not keeping us safe.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by sinkhole: 6:15am On Aug 09, 2021
111sunshine:

this is not about belief...the NPF may be inept, bad and corrupt but let's not change the narrative by supporting crime and still turn around to blame the police for not keeping us safe.
But why can't an independent body be asked to scrutinize those computers?
Those guys might be innocent, NPF is a very big scam, official scam!
Look at all the computers on display, they are not brand new computers, just as somebody said, what if those guys are just merchant of foreign used laptops?

10 Likes

Re: Nasarawa: Police Raid Hideout Of Internet Fraudsters, Arrest 6 Suspects by Nobody: 6:16am On Aug 09, 2021
This ones na thieves den be... Those laptops are sh!t laptops . na no testing den go end up grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tanzania Woman Rescued From Septic Tank After Four Year's . (photos ) / Bandits Kill 1 Person In Osun, Kidnap Chinese Expatriate In Ekiti / Police Presents No Evidence, A Year After Arresting 57 Men For Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.