Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

Spouse Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spouse Visa (9246 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Spouse Visa/indefinate Leave To Remain(uk) / Uk Spouse Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spouse Visa by moboulah: 4:48pm On May 17, 2011
Hello House
i wonder how long it would take for my spouse settlement visa to be granted.
Re: Spouse Visa by omega25red(m): 5:14pm On May 17, 2011
only the person processing your application knows
Re: Spouse Visa by moboulah: 5:37pm On May 17, 2011
i know, i just need to know someone who has applied for same spouse visa before to respond to my post cos i want to know the time frame. All documents are complete. and country is united kingdom, please anyone who has passed through the process should get back to me.
Thanks
Re: Spouse Visa by stone4rock(m): 3:05pm On May 20, 2011
moboulah:

Hello House
i wonder how long it would take for my spouse settlement visa to be granted.
My broda i feel ur pain, my sister also put in her application about 4weeks back and she is yet to get any response from VFS. i think it takes up to 5-6weeks to process. Am more concerned about the outcome. i pray both yours and hers will come out gr8 in Jesus name. (About 90% of spouse application undergo interview).
Hope u wrote d english test? hope u also included evidence of correspondence with your spouse and proof that you have seen each other be4. the visa fee is just 2 crazy for one to now get a notice of refusal @ d end of d day.
stay calmed.
1luv.
Re: Spouse Visa by Yemming(m): 8:22am On May 21, 2011
bro please which one is better and more prefferable?

fiancee visa or spousal,

please throw more light into it,
Re: Spouse Visa by stone4rock(m): 9:41am On May 21, 2011
Yemming:

bro please which one is better and more prefferable?

fiancee visa or spousal,

please throw more light into it,
My broda Fiancee visa is synonymous to unmarried partner so it has little limitations. As a fiance(e) of a person in the UK you would be issued a 6months visa. so you could probably get married during the validity of your visa, if you intend to return back to Nigeria afterwards then it would have been better you applied as a visitor for marriage or civil partnership, but the main purpose of this category of visa (fiancee) is to register as a civil partner/get married in the UK and switch over to spouse/civil partner visa.

To apply as a spouse/civil partner of a person settled in the UK, if your application is successful you would be given a permission to live and work in the UK for 2years which is also known as Probationary period At the end of the 2years you may apply for permission to settle permanently as the spouse of the person settled in the UK.
So bro i believe you have an idea now. Fiancee visa is like a prerequisite for getting a spouse visa on the other hand if you are legally married you could just apply directly as a civil partner or spouse of d person in d UK.
1luv
Re: Spouse Visa by Yemming(m): 11:24am On May 21, 2011
bro i am talking about usa and not UK,

do you know anything about usa process
Re: Spouse Visa by stone4rock(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2011
i dont knw much about US spouse visa, mayb i wud let u know if i make gud research on dat.
1luv
Re: Spouse Visa by moboulah: 2:48pm On May 21, 2011
stone4rock, thanks for your response, it was indeed helpful, Am female anyway, and i thing am exempted from the english language requirement because i finished a bsc in engineering which was taught in english, i think a bsc degree taught in english is a requirement to be exempted from the english language requirement, just checked their procesing time on the border agency website and wow just 8percent get their resonse within 2days, Am hoping mine wnt take more that a week thou as 46 percent gets their responce between that time. dnt know why ur sister's own took so long, i have a friend who got her's within 3working days,
thanks so much for your post.
Re: Spouse Visa by rida01: 2:28pm On May 23, 2011
hi i am abou applying for Uk spousal visa and completely lost, can someone give me a guide as to what documents they used? my husband and I got married in Ghana (white wedding) but had our traditional in Nigeria, even though He is a Nigerian.

i am from Sierra Leone and now work in Nigeria with a work visa as i realised the process of getting a residence permit would be longer.
Does anyone know if a work permit is sufficient evidence indicating that i AM LIVING IN nIGERIA LEGALLY and enough for me to apply for UK settlement visa?
also does anyone know how long on average one has to wait to get a response wen u file in your application?
thanks
Re: Spouse Visa by anfanio: 1:32pm On May 24, 2011
rida01,
You need a residence permit first.
Re: Spouse Visa by anfanio: 1:44pm On May 24, 2011
Yemming,
Spouse visa – you must be married to apply for this visa (immigrant visa)
Fiancé(e) visa – you intend to marry upon arrival in the US, within 4 months of arrival (non-immigrant visa)
Re: Spouse Visa by Yemming(m): 2:32pm On May 24, 2011
and which one do you think is better bro?
Re: Spouse Visa by rida01: 3:17pm On May 24, 2011
thanks a milll so are u saying my work visa isnt sufficient?
Re: Spouse Visa by stone4rock(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2011
moboulah:

stone4rock,  thanks for your response,  it was indeed helpful,  Am female anyway,  and i thing am exempted from the english language requirement because i finished a bsc in engineering which was taught in english,  i think a bsc degree taught in english is a requirement to be exempted from the english language requirement,  just checked their procesing time on the border agency website and wow just 8percent get their resonse within 2days,  Am hoping mine wnt take more that a week thou as 46 percent gets their responce between that time. dnt know why your sister's own took so long,  i have a friend who got her's within 3working days,
  thanks so much for your post.
Do u really believe all those processing statistics, well i like your faith, i haven't really heard of any spouse visa dat came out within 2days, my sisters application is no case 2 me i just think that is the average time for spouse visa. am convinced dat you guys will secure d visas.
keep tracking.
1luv
Yemming:

and which one do you think is better bro?
you keep asking which is better,  i suggest u should be concerned about what is accessible. it depends on your status, i think you stand better chances of getting the visa if married.
1luv

rida01:

thanks a milll so are u saying my work visa isnt sufficient?
to apply directly from Nigeria i think its better you get a residence permit.
as regards d time it takes to process spouse visa. the time stated by UK @ d VFS center is between 2-5weeks.
1luv.
Re: Spouse Visa by anfanio: 8:36pm On May 24, 2011
rida01,
Work permit (visa) does not mean you are a resident of Nigeria. For visa purpose the embassy will ask for your residence permit (Nigeria) or ask you to go back to Sierra Leone for your visa.
Re: Spouse Visa by Busybody2(f): 11:59am On May 26, 2011
stone4rock:

Do u really believe all those processing statistics, well i like your faith, i haven't really heard of any spouse visa dat came out within 2days, my sisters application is no case 2 me i just think that is the average time for spouse visa. am convinced dat you guys will secure d visas.
keep tracking.

A straightforward spousal visa with all the i's dotted and the t's crossed and no stones unturned takes 15 minutes to process, so yes a lotta people get it in 2 days wink
Re: Spouse Visa by Lambo2020: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hello house, i just ot my spouse visa yesterday>>>if anybody av any question(s) to ask, i will be more than happy to answer, od bless smiley smiley
Re: Spouse Visa by Ponce: 2:48pm On Jun 27, 2011
Congrats on your spouse visa,pls what document did you include for your english language requirement,is it a degree certificate or a test certificate and how long did it take for the whole visa processing,thanks.
Re: Spouse Visa by Lambo2020: 11:20am On Jun 28, 2011
@Ponce - Congrats on your spouse visa,pls what document did you include for your english language requirement,is it a degree certificate or a test certificate and how long did it take for the whole visa processing,thanks.

Thanks, i used my first degree (Bsc), and i submitted my application in April 15 and got a text message from vfs global on June 15 for collection.
Re: Spouse Visa by Ponce: 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2011
@lambo2020,thanks so much,pls hp i am not disturbing u much,its just that i am about to apply and i dont have my original certificate yet but i have gotten my transcript and other letters from my school to apply,pls i will appreciate it if u can give us a list of all documents that you submitted so that i and others too can be guided,hp u r enjoying uk .
Re: Spouse Visa by Lambo2020: 12:58pm On Jun 29, 2011
@ponce, no u r not disturbing me at all, i was once in ur shoes, so feel free to ask any questions,

the documents i submitted are:

Current and previous passports
Guide to supporting documents
Completed and signed application form attached with my passport photograph (one copy)
Evidence of Maritas status-Marriage certificate
Evidence of English Language-my Bsc Certificate
Accommodation details alongside with a supporting letter from the Landlord of ur spouse in the uk that states u r allowed to stay there
Tennancy agreements showing ur spouse's name in the uk
Council Tax bills(six months)
Electricity Bils(six months)
Copy of spouse's bio-data page, stamped page on arrival to Nigeria for d wedding
Copy of ur spouse's birth certificate
Letter of sponsorship from ur spouse that he/she is supporting ur application
Ur spouse's emplyments letters
Bank statememnts (the last six months)
Evidence of ur relationship:in this regard we put, photographs of time spent together before marriage, photographs of wedding ceremony, Emails u av been sending to each other before u get married, phone bills(i went to Airtel to request for it)

Note: regarding ur transcript, u will be fine with that, just write a letter why u cannot provide the certificate at this time.

Any more questions, do not hesitate to contact me, God bless.
Re: Spouse Visa by Ponce: 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2011
@lambo2020,thank you soo much,i am relieved and happy-i appreciate the guidelines,i will keep you posted and i hope to give you the good news soon,God bless you and your family(AMEN)
Re: Spouse Visa by Lambo2020: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2011
@ponce, ur r very welcome, definitely it will be good news, Goodluck and God bless.
Re: Spouse Visa by Ponce: 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
@lambo2020 where are uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,i got my visa today,thanks to God and thanks to you,i can never forget what you did for me,i really appreciate u,i am saying a BIG THANK YOU,God bless you.To all others about to apply,i wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: Spouse Visa by Lambo2020: 10:03am On Sep 01, 2011
@ponce, sorry am replying late, oh am sooo happy for you, Goodluck with the future, God bless.
Re: Spouse Visa by trenchside: 6:21am On Sep 10, 2011
Ponce:

@lambo2020 where are uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu,i got my visa today,thanks to God and thanks to you,i can never forget what you did for me,i really appreciate u,i am saying a BIG THANK YOU,God bless you.To all others about to apply,i wish you good luck
Please what evidence did you provide for the Englsih language requirement?
Re: Spouse Visa by amykelly: 9:36am On Oct 26, 2011
Hi Nairalanders, I just noticed on UK border website that it says we should provide evidence for maintenance for 27 months for a UK spouse visa. How much is acceptable? Is it okay if my spouse has 2k pounds and I have 5k pounds?? That's the part of the requirement that is scaring me.
For all of U that have applied, pls how much did u show as proof of maintenance?
Re: Spouse Visa by collinsefe: 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
Hello Lambo, can I have your e-mail address? I need to consult you more on this issue.
Re: Spouse Visa by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 01, 2011
Re: Spouse Visa by luchichris: 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2011
Hello fellow nairalanders i wish i knew dis site before applying but all the same my supporting docs re not out of place plss i want to know the EEA family permit processing times. I applied four weeks ago and am very nervous. I also want to if i will be interviewed and the kind of questions to expect. Thank you, you guys re doing great.
Re: Spouse Visa by BesongJerry1(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2022
Hello Nairalanders
I really will like a proper guide on this unmarried or married UK Visa.
First of my Girlfriend is a Nigerian but Uk based as Nurse and she is barely 6months in the UK, she wants me to come over which I'm super excited about but now we ain't married yet.
I got to know about the Fiancee/Unmarried Visa herein nairaland but I'm been skeptical about the process.
I read a post on this page way back in 2011 but I don't know if those processes are still applicable in 2022.
I really need your help Nairalanders.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Closure Of Some Routes For 2019 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Celebration / Experience With Immigration When Traveling With Our Nigeria Passport / AIB Report To Address Controversy Over Max Air ‘serious Incident’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.