Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,487 members, 7,770,189 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:02 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1024221 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 8:54am On Dec 13, 2011
Please continue posting your enquiries here, the previous thread has reached and passed 100 pages.

Part1 is here for reference purposes: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30156.0.html

. . .sorry for the inconvenience grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2011
i got ur response concerning the appeal since u said the guy shld forget about appeal,can he re-apply and how long it will take to re-apply.thanks.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:34am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

i got your response concerning the appeal since u said the guy shld forget about appeal,can he re-apply and how long it will take to re-apply.thanks.

As soon as he addresses those issues raised by the ECO then he can re-apply anytime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 9:46am On Dec 13, 2011
please what are the steps we need to take i know u ve gone through the message,please just need ur advise and the necessary that needed.pls.thanks for ur support.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

please what are the steps we need to take i know u ve gone through the message,please just need your advise and the necessary that needed.pls.thanks for your support.

I explained that to you in my previous reply, please click on that link to read it again.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30156.3680.html
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2011
There is no point appealing the decision because you will not win the appeal, your friend should have made a list of places he want to visit in the UK and state reasons why he chooses to visit the UK, he should have also made an accommodation arrangement and present the proof to the ECO.

this reply right,buh the guy stated in his application that he doesnt have anybody in Uk,hw can he make arrangement for accommodation since he has stated it that he doesnt know anybody,what else do u think he can do to solve the issue of accommodation out,does he need any additional document to back it up,e.g statement of account from some1 else.thanks
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

There is no point appealing the decision because you will not win the appeal, your friend should have made a list of places he want to visit in the UK and state reasons why he chooses to visit the UK, he should have also made an accommodation arrangement and present the proof to the ECO.

this reply right,buh the guy stated in his application that he doesnt have anybody in Uk,hw can he make arrangement for accommodation since he has stated it that he doesnt know anybody,what else do u think he can do to solve the issue of accommodation out,does he need any additional document to back it up,e.g statement of account from some1 else.thanks

Where was he planing to stay in the UK if he had been given the visa?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 10:25am On Dec 13, 2011
he did reservation in one hotel in uk for 7days.may b u shld go thru the message again.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:41am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

he did reservation in one hotel in uk for 7days.may b u shld go thru the message again.

That hotel reservation can be used as an accommodation, embassies accept hotel reservation/booking as means of accommodation. You need to print it and attach it to your application package.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 10:51am On Dec 13, 2011
the accommodation issues is not the problem, d guy submitted the hotel reservation paper.wen next the guy apply we will stated it there the reason y choosen uk,another thing the ECO complain is that the amount the guy stated is going to spend is five times of his salary,(salary 96,865) money stated to spend,(1420 pounds)that it doesnt confused that the guy will come back after the six month,and the guy submitted the statement of account what 1.240million in his account.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:00am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

the accommodation issues is not the problem, d guy submitted the hotel reservation paper.wen next the guy apply we will stated it there the reason y choosen uk,another thing the ECO complain is that the amount the guy stated is going to spend is five times of his salary,(salary 96,865) money stated to spend,(1420 pounds)that it doesnt confused that the guy will come back after the six month,and the guy submitted the statement of account what 1.240million in his account.

How long does your friend plan to stay in the UK?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 11:03am On Dec 13, 2011
7days
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:10am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

7days

If you earn 387pounds a month then it doesn't look good to spend 1420 pounds in 7days, you really have to explain to the ECO why you want to do that.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Vicjustice: 11:17am On Dec 13, 2011
To be honest, i like what Justwise has done here. . . I stopped checking the "Part 1" thread because it became to long and so difficult to go through, hence i stayed away from it, Well done.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 11:20am On Dec 13, 2011
please can u advice now on what to write ECO on that issue to back it up,cos he is thinking thinking of re-apply next week.thanx

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:27am On Dec 13, 2011
norris1980:

please can u advice now on what to write ECO on that issue to back it up,cos he is thinking thinking of re-apply next week.thanx

That is the only thing your friend can come up with, he knows why he wants to travel to the UK and spend that much in 7days, i don't know.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Dec 13, 2011
Vicjustice:

To be honest, i like what Justwise has done here. . . I stopped checking the "Part 1" thread because it became to long and so difficult to go through, hence i stayed away from it, Well done.

Thanks bro. grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by norris1980: 11:32am On Dec 13, 2011
thank you very much really appreciate ur effort.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by kunaba123: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2011
good
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry246(m): 9:44am On Dec 29, 2011
You should check very carefully what other documents the agent submitted.
If the age was changed then other "FAKE" documents might have been used.
Even if your hubby did not know he will be held responsible.
Try to check the exact reason for refusal.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2011
kunaba123:

i'm on a tier 1 post study visa in the uk which is valid for 2year. i just got married few months ago and will like my husband to join me on dependant visa.the problem now is, he has previously applied to uk for a business visa in 2006 and at that time through an agent, he didnt tender all required documents and was refused. he was given the right to appeal but chose not to appeal. the major problem now for me is that he lied about his age at the time of applying for the visa in 2006 but used is real name, then the finger print system was not in existence.  my question now is will the uk embassy be able to know he has applied before? because now he is using the same name and is real age not the fake age he used 5years ago? do u tink with a different age they their sysem will still be able to detect his previous application? please i need genuie advise on  what step to take?

Surely it will not be difficult for them to detect that and possibly deny him a visa.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by menia: 10:15am On Jan 25, 2012
I applied for UK visa with my husband and daughter July last year, our applications were refused and we appealed the decision in September. My husband and I lived in the UK for about seven years before we moved back to our country. The hearing of the appeal is set for 6 February 2012, however, I received a call from the British High Commission yesterday 24 January 2012 to come and submit our passports. We went to British High Commission today 25 January 2012 to submit of passport but we were given a slip to come back on the 22 February to collect our passport. I don’t know what this mean. Can we still go ahead with the appeal on the 6 February or what.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
menia:

I applied for UK visa with my husband and daughter July last year, our applications were refused and we appealed the decision in September. My husband and I lived in the UK for about seven years before we moved back to our country. The hearing of the appeal is set for 6 February 2012, however, I received a call from the British High Commission yesterday 24 January 2012 to come and submit our passports. We went to British High Commission today 25 January 2012 to submit of passport but we were given a slip to come back on the 22 February to collect our passport. I don’t know what this mean. Can we still go ahead with the appeal on the 6 February or what.

You just have to wait and see what happens on the 6 Feb, since they called and asked you to re-submit your passport before the appeal could be heard, it could be that they have had change of heart and see no reason to continue with the appeal.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Alberta12(m): 7:50am On Jan 29, 2012
It means you have been granted the visa. It has happened to a family i know of, Just like you, they were asked to submit their passports and told to come back a month later, when they went baack, they returned their passport with visas stamped on it. So congrats !!!! grin cheesy
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by olaoluwa13: 10:39am On Jan 29, 2012
Dear nairaland,uk refuse/deny my application in year 2007''Reason they said my source of income is not clear to them and also they complain on my inivitation letter''i want to ask right now if i can reapply by using hotel resarvation?if yes what is uk application form number am gonna use ?pls i need answer
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by worry246(m): 11:04am On Jan 29, 2012
olaoluwa13
You say "they complain on my inivitation letter"
Are you sure that they did not say that your letter was FAKE.
Could have gotten ban.

Also are your finances better?
What visa did you apply for? Student, visitor, buisness?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by OmoTier1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2012
worry246:

olaoluwa13
You say "they complain on my inivitation letter"
Are you sure that they did not say that your letter was FAKE.
Could have gotten ban.

Also are your finances better?
What visa did you apply for? Student, visitor, buisness?
What is with you and ban ban ban that seems to follow most of your replies . The dude just stated the obvious and out of the blue you came up with 'Ban' of thing. Since when did the BHC start banning an indivdual under claims of false invitation letter?

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by menia: 5:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
there is nothing stopping you from reapplying, just make sure u get everything right this time. make sure u address all the reasons for your last refusal. you can use hotel reservation. if u r going to the UK as a tourist, u need to fill the general visit form but if u r going to visit a family member u have to fill the family visit form. u can print the form online or go to the VAC office and pick one up
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by billtommy(m): 1:06am On Feb 07, 2012
Hello gurus,I'm bery new to these,am in ♏♈ final year but want to visit a friend for about 2 months before Youth service,pls can someone tell me if am going to need a student visa or other types of visa, and can I have a clear breakdown of how much the whole travelling is gonna cost.and documents am gonna be needing so my visa application won't be refused,these is gonna be my first travel,thanks very muchyou can pls mail me on tommysport4ever@yahoo.com
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by menia: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2012
[quote author=billtommy link=topic=823869.msg10138448#msg10138448

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Betty605: 12:45am On Feb 09, 2012
deleted
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by HighSpot: 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2012
Good day everyone,
I am new to this forum and will like to ask for an advice.
I am married to my husband for a year now. He is British and he resides there. We met in Nigeria in 2009 and we got married March 2010. After a long deliberation, we both decided that i travel to meet him cos our plan initially was for him to start a biz here in Naija which i was willing to support all the way cos i had a job i loved here. I applied for settlement visa after all n was refused on the ff grounds:

1. two of my hubby's recent bank statements had an overdraft( he gave me a lot so i just picked d recents, we didnt have an idea that d over-drafted ones were there. My mistake,i take that.

2. second reason is that there are no evidences that we met since 2009. though they acknowledged our pre- wedding and wedding pictures but they seem very recent for them to base their decision on.

3.They mentioned they don't know the funds available to me personally but i submitted all my payslips and printed out my recent account statement from my bank. Not that i had a fat balance but the transactions on my account shows my usual savings and withdrawals.

We went ahead to appeal since September, we got an acknowledgement same month, and since then been waiting for the hearing date. The solicitor in the Uk said we have good grounds to rectify all the mistakes and we trust God. For me,it's like waiting till eternity cos i recently resigned from my job for personal reasons and the waiting is now worse than i thought, plus staying separately is financially straining us cos btw our wedding and now, my hubby has been home 4 times, 2 of which were unpaid absence from work.
Just need some encouragements and pls be honest with me, do you think we can nail this?
Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.