Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

Is A Car Glass Window That Hard To Break? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is A Car Glass Window That Hard To Break? (783 Views)

Is Lexus ES 330 Truly Hard To Maintain? / Doctor's Report and Tinted Glass Permit / Ford Develops Smart Car Window That Lets The Blind Feel The Outside World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A Car Glass Window That Hard To Break? by perfectbuy(m): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2021
Generally glass is fragile and as a result breaks easily. But a car glass, unlike conventional glass, does not break into sharp fragments when broken, posing a safety issue. Auto glass is responsible for 60 percent of the car’s structural integrity, whereas in a head-on collision, it absorbs 45 percent of the crash impact. Because of this, auto glass is reinforced unlike standard glass. But how hard is an auto glass?

Please follow link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2021/08/10/is-a-car-glass-window-that-hard-to-break/
Re: Is A Car Glass Window That Hard To Break? by PAQ(m): 8:06am On Aug 10, 2021
You can only know by trying it out yourself. I have always wondered what it was like until one night i forgot my keys in my car. It only took a stone & a nice swing to know what it felt like.... then 5k to remind me not to forget my keys again.

mind you, the windshield is way stronger than the window glasses.

5 Likes

Re: Is A Car Glass Window That Hard To Break? by Xenisha: 7:29pm On Nov 21, 2022
Hi! When you need to replace the glass in your car, it is best to have it done by a company that specializes in it. Today, one of the best such companies is Safelite Autoglass. They provide a full range of services for the repair and replacement of automotive glass, and you can be sure that they will do everything right. If necessary, you can contact safelite autoglass clarify what you need to do, and you will be assigned a time when you need to arrive, and everything will be done quickly.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help To Interpret My Car Scan Report / Car Needed For Uber / How Much Does Peogeut 307 1.6 Toks Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.