Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,994 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo Resigns - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo Resigns (213 Views)

'He's On His Own': King Charles Ousts Prince Andrew From Buckingham Palace / CNN Fires Chris Cuomo / Andrew Cuomo Announces Resignation After Damning Harassment Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo Resigns by Osyxcel(m): 5:14pm On Aug 10, 2021
New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo has resigned during his press conference today. His resignation came amid a sexual harassment scandal. He apologized to his victims and resigned effective 14 days from now.

Source: CNN

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced he is "stepping aside" from his office.

Cuomo called the impeachment investigation into him "politically motivated" — but added that he was stepping down because he would "never want to be unhelpful in any way."

"I'm a New Yorker, born and bred. I'm a fighter and my instinct is to fight through this controversy because I truly believe it is politically motivated, I believe it is unfair and it is untruthful and I believe it demonizes behavior that is unsustainable for society," he said.

Cuomo continued: "New York tough means New York loving, and I love New York, and I love you. I would never want to be unhelpful in any way."

A New York state investigation released last week found Cuomo "sexually harassed multiple women and violated state law." Cuomo has repeatedly denied the allegations, but today said he has "been too familiar with people" and apologized to the women he said he "truly offended."

After the state report was released, President Biden, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and more than two thirds of New York state senators called on Cuomo to resign.

I wish our politicians can do such.
Re: New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo Resigns by BirtherOfKings(f): 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2021
Osyxcel:
New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo has resigned during his press conference today. His resignation came amid a sexual harassment scandal. He apologized to his victims and resigned effective 14 days from now.

I wish our politicians can do such.

Ouch, he was harassed out of the place..such a painful way to leave...I wish men can be more disciplined wen it comes to women...see FCMB boss and now new York mayor..chai
Re: New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo Resigns by Osyxcel(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
BirtherOfKings:

Ouch, he was harassed out of the place..such a painful way to leave...I wish men can be more disciplined wen it comes to women...see FCMB boss and now new York mayor..chai

Well, he did the right thing.
Re: New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo Resigns by Datsme: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2021
This can only happen in a sane country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Biden's Drone Strikes Kills Innocent Children Instead Of Terrorist / Fatal Bomb Blasts Hit Military Bus In Damascus As Syria War Continues / Domestic Violence Against Men, The Untold Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.