Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam (1466 Views)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? / What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 2:27pm On Aug 11, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bie0-VdBCtA

I watched the above video titled; ISLAM AND BRITISH VALUES by BBC Big Questions

Most of the issues brought forward that are concerns relating to human rights abuses perpetuated in the name of Islam and the issues of the core belief of majority muslim scholars who actually support extreme measures such as killing of apostates or people they feel dishonor the religion.
Even Seun Osewa opened a thread here to seek the opinion of Nairaland muslims concerning the Iman that asked that an blasphemer be executed once he is released from custody. most muslims on the thread said they supported the Iman and the guy must be killed. yet the moment Muslims are in the open where they can be identified, they immediately switch and start claiming muslims do not kill.

why do you guys lie so much why cant you just take a stand based on your hatred for non muslims instead of pretending?

in the video above, the muslims keep denying that there are any human rights abuses promoted by muslim clerics. they do not even want to admit that there are any issues at all.

It is really baffling?

we all know that the issues being raised are ABSOLUTELY TRUE, so why dont we first accept the truth and if you dont like it, then we see where we can address them.

this is link to seun's thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6668567/condemn-sheikh-bello-yabo-incitiment

i am surprised so many muslims came out to boldly support the Sheikh that the guy must be killed. Yet the same muslims would say Killers are not true muslims. why this dishonesty?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by AntiChristian: 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
I am not a British so wetin concern me?

"Do they need a British Islam?"

So we'll have to embrace a Nigerian Islam here too right?

Makes no sense!

And of what relevance is the topic to your topic here?
Typical of people who paint all Muslims with the same brush!
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
When the church accused galileo or what is the name of the guy charged with blasphemy for saying information found in the bible are not correct (the earth being flat) and he was about to be executed, you didn't find any fault in that. Apostates are known to be faced with the death penalty since a long time ago.

So for the fact that you Christians have chosen to abrogate these laws to gain cheap public or western acceptability, does that make the Muslims who hold onto their laws while giving no chance to compromise the black sheep.

A simple google search will enlightened you about the existence of your so called human rights abuses in Judaism and Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by KGBEAST(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2021
ItsReal:
When the church accused galileo or what is the name of the guy charged with blasphemy for saying information found in the bible are not correct (the earth being flat) and he was about to be executed, you didn't find any fault in that. Apostates are known to be faced with the death penalty since a long time ago.

So for the fact that you Christians have chosen to abrogate these laws to gain cheap public or western acceptability, does that make the Muslims who hold onto their laws while giving no chance to compromise the black sheep.

A simple google search will enlightened you about the existence of your so called human rights abuses in Judaism and Christianity.
He is an atheist so the comparison to Christianity is a little bit misinformed, he doesn't believe in God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:
I am not a British so wetin concern me?

"Do they need a British Islam?"

So we'll have to embrace a Nigerian Islam here too right?

Makes no sense!

And of what relevance is the topic to your topic here?
Typical of people who paint all Muslims with the same brush!
this thread is about the BEHAVIOUR of the muslims in the video which is same with that of muslims here in nigeria and all around the world. why do majority of muslims hate so much but would pretend not to hate. i am really curious to why you say one thing in public and say another thing when with fellow muslims or when anonymous. that is what this thread is about.
why were you all in support of extrajudicial killings on Seun's thread on the topic, but when you are asked in public where your identity is known, majority would say Islam has nothing to do with killings or those who promote such?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2021
ItsReal:

focus on the topic here. i asked you muslims a simple question, please give a direct answer to the question and stop saying because other religions do the same, i should not ask you why you do same. i am not a christian by the way

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by AntiChristian: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:
this thread is about he BEHAVIOUR of the muslims in the video which is same with that of muslims here in nigeria and all around the world. why do majority of muslims hate so much but would pretend not to hate. i am really curious to why you say one thing in public and say another thing when with fellow muslims or when anonymous. that is what this thread is about.
why were you all in support of extrajudicial killings on Seun's thread on the topic, but when you are asked in public where your identity is known, majority would say Islam has nothing to do with killings or those who promote such?

I watched the video and can you explain how the title (and theme) is related to your topic?

Where does the hate come from in the video?

Who supports extrajudicial killings from the video?

And on Seun's thread who supported extrajudicial killings?

And how does Islam have anything to do with the killings?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

I watched the video and can you explain how the title (and theme) is related to your topic?

Where does the hate come from in the video?

Who supports extrajudicial killings from the video?

And on Seun's thread who supported extrajudicial killings?

And how does Islam have anything to do with the killings?
i hope you can read? the topic of this thread is DISHONESTY OF MUSLIMS..... the muslims in the video where being dishonest claiming that there where no clerics that preached hate and that considered apostates should be killed. the pretend that there is nothing of such.
you are trying to twist the narrative as you are avoiding addressing the issues i raised.

so you claim no one supported extrajudicial killings in this thread? https://www.nairaland.com/6668567/condemn-sheikh-bello-yabo-incitiment

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by AntiChristian: 5:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:
i hope you can read? the topic of this thread is DISHONESTY OF MUSLIMS..... the muslims in the video where being dishonest claiming that there where no clerics that preached hate and that considered apostates should be killed. the pretend that there is nothing of such.
you are trying to twist the narrative as you are avoiding addressing the issues i raised.

You are generalizing a video with a different theme as your topic.

Why can't you simply answer the 5 questions I asked?

The summation is that problem exists but it's not religious!
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 5:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

the questions has nothing to do with this thread. i should assume you can read since you can type. so asking irrelevant questions that has nothing to do with the thread should not demand an answer.
this is seun's thread read through and see for yourself those you where blind to see their support for extrajudicial killing

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by m1d2y3u0suf: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
I implore you to make deep research about that topic, because it is not as u are thinking.
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ANTIlSLAM(m): 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2021
cheesy Won ti get e AntiChristian

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 5:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

Codepain:
The Sheik should be cautioned against such unguarded utterances. Displicined? maybe.
Overwhelming majority of Sokoto residents are pleased with maximum penalty for blasphemers.
infact Hanging such offender is in line with values, traditions and religion of Sokoto people.
Same way a teaspoon of cocaine powder draw max penalty in some non–islamic countries.
It is only people from afar that are concerned by such laws.
Muslims can stomach anything but not disrespect to what they considered Sacred.

this is a comment from your fellow muslim that totally agrees that majority of muslims in the north support extrajudicial killings as long as it concerns their religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2021
m1d2y3u0suf:
I implore you to make deep research about that topic, because it is not as u are thinking.
i lived in the North among muslims for 12 years. my family house (grand father's) is in Kano, so i know what i am saying

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 6:30pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

the questions has nothing to do with this thread. i should assume you can read since you can type. so asking irrelevant questions that has nothing to do with the thread should not demand an answer.
this is seun's thread read through and see for yourself those you where blind to see their support for extrajudicial killing

Sorry for addressing you as a Christian.

The issue of extra judicial killing is quite easy to comprehend.

I think the problem starts with a not-so-correct view that restricts the islamic religion to just a religion within the four walls of the mosque.

Instead, Islam is more of a complete way of life of the Muslims which includes the worship of God aspect, day to day life dealings and societal conducts based on the Islamic law.

So in the Islamic law, their's provision for the Islamic courts responsible for hearing criminal and customary cases. It is the sole responsibility of the Islamic court to pronounce judgment on a suspected criminal after evidence has been presented.

The individuals are not on any case allow to carry out jungle justice as that would usually lead to more harm than good.

So pertaining to the thread created by Seun, the man he was referencing is infact liable to being arrested (if he is still free) for inciting the people to take laws into their hands. So such a person's action shouldn't be used to determine what the average Muslim believes.

Furthermore, the presence of people like that man and other people (most especially youths ) who are ever ready to go the jungle justice way necessitates the existence of Hisbah. The Hisbah manages such affairs just as police would prevent people from taking laws into their own hands instead of taking it to the court of law.

In summary, we have laws guiding all of our affairs. Also , we have a governmental system where there are laid down procedures to tackle each occurrence. There is no room for individuals to take up judgment to themselves. The Hisbah acts as the police who charge suspect criminals to the sharia court of law.

Lastly, a misconception I see often is that when Islam says this is the punishment for a crime, people think it is the individuals who care out the punishment and totally forget that Muslims have a robust legal system.
If a person is found guilty of taking judgment into his hands, they will be charged to the sharia court as a criminal also.
An event that exemplifies this is a case that happen about 1000 years ago in the Islamic empire. A man was displaying magic to a large audience. Note that sorcery and magic is not allow in Islam. so what happened was that while the magician was cutting and fixing back his head with a sword, one particular Muslim man ( all the people are Muslims o) came behind him. As soon as the magician fixed his head back to the body ,the man used his own sword to cut it back and was saying it loudly for all to hear that the man should fix it back if he is real.

Long story short, the man was arrested immediately too. Eventhough, the punishment for sorcery and magic is death, he took judgment to himself instead of reporting the case to the authorities.

I hope you now understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by m1d2y3u0suf: 6:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

i lived in the North among muslims for 12 years. my family house (grand father's) is in Kano, so i know what i am saying
If I may ask, are you a Muslim?
If no, then living even in the midst of Muslims can't prove that you have know everything about Islamic books ( law).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by 1Sharon(f): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
You are an infidel. They are taught to lie to you as if you're stupid.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

I also lived in the north since birth .

Since you lived there too ,you will agree with me that the youths carry out extra judicial Killings out of emotions there.

Just like the case of the guy that made blasphemous statement about the prophet, as soon as the youths heard about it, they invaded and destroyed the guy's house in mass. It was Hisbah who came to calm down their nerves and took the guy away before he is beaten to death.
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2021
1Sharon:
You are an infidel. They are taught to lie to you as if you're stupid.

Hey please, who let the dogs out?

Go back to your cage please.
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by 1Sharon(f): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
m1d2y3u0suf:

If I may ask, are you a Muslim?
If no, then living even in the midst of Muslims can't prove that you have know everything about Islamic books ( law).

He didn't say anything about Islamic books. He's talking about the people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by 1Sharon(f): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
ItsReal:

Hey please, who let the dogs out?

Go back to your cage please.

Shut up terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2021
By the way, I respect that you have some brain power up there compared to people who don't know anything about their religion. Religion to them is what would please everybody to hear and the rest ,they sweep it under the carpet.

For being an atheist, it shows that you have put your brain to work and that you are not a sheep. Welldone on that bro
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by m1d2y3u0suf: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
1Sharon:

Yeah I know, people might be thinking of it somehow, but an explicit explanation in the books might clear off the doubt's.
Killing is not just as people think, no individual can or should handle a case pertaining to killing. It must be forwarded to a sharia court.
We shouldn't use the people to define Islam.
Muslim follows Islamic teaching, Islam doesn't follow the belief of a particular Muslim.
What the Op see those Muslims insinuating does give forum to dishonesty to human rights in Islam. That's why I implore him on a deep research on the books of Islamic law.
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by m1d2y3u0suf: 7:04pm On Aug 11, 2021
1Sharon:

Yeah I know, people might be thinking of it somehow, but an explicit explanation in the books might clear off the doubt's.
Killing is not just as people think, no individual can or should handle a case pertaining to killing. It must be forwarded to a sharia court.
We shouldn't use the people to define Islam.
Muslim follows Islamic teaching, Islam doesn't follow the belief of a particular Muslim.
What the Op see those Muslims insinuating doesn't
give forum to dishonesty to human rights in Islam. That's why I implore him on a deep research on the books of Islamic law.
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2021
ItsReal:

Sorry for addressing you as a Christian.

The issue of extra judicial killing is quite easy to comprehend.

I think the problem starts with a not-so-correct view that restricts the islamic religion to just a religion within the four walls of the mosque.

Instead, Islam is more of a complete way of life of the Muslims which includes the worship of God aspect, day to day life dealings and societal conducts based on the Islamic law.

So in the Islamic law, their's provision for the Islamic courts responsible for hearing criminal and customary cases. It is the sole responsibility of the Islamic court to pronounce judgment on a suspected criminal after evidence has been presented.

The individuals are not on any case allow to carry out jungle justice as that would usually lead to more harm than good.

So pertaining to the thread created by Seun, the man he was referencing is infact liable to being arrested (if he is still free) for inciting the people to take laws into their hands. So such a person's action shouldn't be used to determine what the average Muslim believes.

Furthermore, the presence of people like that man and other people (most especially youths ) who are ever ready to go the jungle justice way necessitates the existence of Hisbah. The Hisbah manages such affairs just as police would prevent people from taking laws into their own hands instead of taking it to the court of law.

In summary, we have laws guiding all of our affairs. Also , we have a governmental system where there are laid down procedures to tackle each occurrence. There is no room for individuals to take up judgment to themselves. The Hisbah acts as the police who charge suspect criminals to the sharia court of law.

Lastly, a misconception I see often is that when Islam says this is the punishment for a crime, people think it is the individuals who care out the punishment and totally forget that Muslims have a robust legal system.
If a person is found guilty of taking judgment into his hands, they will be charged to the sharia court as a criminal also.
An event that exemplifies this is a case that happen about 1000 years ago in the Islamic empire. A man was displaying magic to a large audience. Note that sorcery and magic is not allow in Islam. so what happened was that while the magician was cutting and fixing back his head with a sword, one particular Muslim man ( all the people are Muslims o) came behind him. As soon as the magician fixed his head back to the body ,the man used his own sword to cut it back and was saying it loudly for all to hear that the man should fix it back if he is real.

Long story short, the man was arrested immediately too. Eventhough, the punishment for sorcery and magic is death, he took judgment to himself instead of reporting the case to the authorities.

I hope you now understand.
no you are talking. i appreciate you taking time to explain as best as you understood the matter.
the core problem here is the denial of the issues. i know a lot of muslims do not support extreme measures in defence of religion, but they pretend as if the problem is not there. that is why i posted that video, you see the muslims dodging every question and whitewashing as if the religion is perfect and the adherents are perfect. as if it is not a fact that majority of clerics support extreme measures in issues that pertains abuse of the religion of islam. why tell such obvious lies? i have seen so many cases of people pretending as if women in muslim countries are not being treated as if they are minors and second class citizens. this and so many issues that most muslims would not admit are issues. yet we keep seeing support for these abuses, so who are the people that keep propagating these hate and abuse of women, non believers, apostates, blasphemers etc
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by AntiChristian: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

this is a comment from your fellow muslim that totally agrees that majority of muslims in the north support extrajudicial killings as long as it concerns their religion.

The comment you posted talked only about Sokoto and you generalize that destructively on majority of Muslims in the north!

Which kind logic be this?

And who made you guys like this?
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2021
AntiChristian:

The comment you posted talked only about Sokoto and you generalize that destructively on majority of Muslims in the north!

Which kind logic be this?

And who made you guys like this?
i was born in kano, schooled in sokoto and jos and lived a while in Kaduna. i know the north he spoke about sokoto cos that is his experience and it is same for every state there. sokoto is in fact one of the most peaceful states there, yet extremism is still a problem. you are just hopping to avoid confronting the main issues. your aim is obviously to create a distraction from the issue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 9:49pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

no you are talking. i appreciate you taking time to explain as best as you understood the matter.
the core problem here is the denial of the issues. i know a lot of muslims do not support extreme measures in defence of religion, but they pretend as if the problem is not there. that is why i posted that video, you see the muslims dodging every question and whitewashing as if the religion is perfect and the adherents are perfect. as if it is not a fact that majority of clerics support extreme measures in issues that pertains abuse of the religion of islam. why tell such obvious lies? i have seen so many cases of people pretending as if women in muslim countries are not being treated as if they are minors and second class citizens. this and so many issues that most muslims would not admit are issues. yet we keep seeing support for these abuses, so who are the people that keep propagating these hate and abuse of women, non believers, apostates, blasphemers etc

Lemme start from the bottom, all religions see people who disbelieve in their teaching as an opponent, I repeat ,All religions. So singling out Islam on this regard is unjustly.

To the Christian, a Muslim is an infidel. In fact , the word infidel was first used by Crusaders who ravaged wars against Muslims and Jews. To the Jewish man, if you are not a jew, you are not among the chosen ones, you are disbeliever. And in Islam , if you heard about the messengership of prophet Muhammad and yet you disbelieve, you are a disbeliever.
However, Islam regards people who were on the teachings of prophet Musa (moses) b4 the advent of Jesus as muslims and the real Christians who worship God and not Jesus b4 the advent of prophet Muhammed as muslims.

On the issue of blasphemy, I said it before, all religions and society has a law in form of punishment against blasphemy. All these western countries recently abolished their own blasphemy laws when the people started asking for the church to be excluded from government (secularism). You can Google this easily. Similar to this is the case of apostasy. To know more, endeavor to read more.

I will complete the response soon ,MA ba3 is about to go off

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by ItsReal: 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2021
Also , you mentioned some stuff about the Muslim women. If you happen to know about Islam and you are not just a news hearer only, even you will debunk the claims that Muslim women are oppressed.

I believe the question of women being oppressed any started about less than a 100 tears ago. Yeah, go and make your research into the time when females started agitating for recognition in the society or equal represention.

If you read the encyclopaedia, you find out that the word woman is used by the English swim in a woe man, this is congruent to the belief of the Christians that Eve ,the wife of Adam lured her husband to eat the apple. They saw her and the women folks as the reason for their problems on earth.

In a verse of the Quran, Allah mentioned a case study of what happens with the Jews, Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 139:
وَقَالُوا مَا فِي بُطُونِ هَٰذِهِ الْأَنْعَامِ خَالِصَةٌ لِّذُكُورِنَا وَمُحَرَّمٌ عَلَىٰ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَإِن يَكُن مَّيْتَةً فَهُمْ فِيهِ شُرَكَاءُ سَيَجْزِيهِمْ وَصْفَهُمْ إِنَّهُ حَكِيمٌ عَلِيمٌ

And they say: What is in the wombs of these cattle is specially for our males, and forbidden to our wives, and if it be stillborn, then they are all partners in it; He will reward them for their attributing (falsehood to Allah); surely He is Wise, Knowing.

also, before the messengership of prophet Muhammed, people would kill their female child. They saw them as bad luck (or just they English called them: the unfortunate man)
Here is the verse on that; Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 140:
قَدْ خَسِرَ الَّذِينَ قَتَلُوا أَوْلَادَهُمْ سَفَهًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَحَرَّمُوا مَا رَزَقَهُمُ اللَّهُ افْتِرَاءً عَلَى اللَّهِ قَدْ ضَلُّوا وَمَا كَانُوا مُهْتَدِينَ

They are lost indeed who kill their children foolishly without knowledge, and forbid what Allah has given to them forging a lie against Allah; they have indeed gone astray, and they are not the followers of the right course.

Mainly, I think the question should be that what is oppression to you? is oppression to you when you see a woman covered in hijab and not half naked, or when she takes care of her home and family while the husband goes out to look for food for the family.

any of the two you choose, it will amaze you to find out just about Less than a hundred years ago, even every sane person all over the world were fully clothed with out walking almost naked in the streets. Also, all women were housewives too.

so ask yourself this question, is it that when western countries are guilty of something u term as oppression now , you turn away and put no blame on them but point fingers at Muslims for the same thing.

that's the reason why I said if you know about islam,you wouldn't mention this at all. before the prophet muhammad, women's don't get any share of the inheritance at all. in fact , they were deemed as property of the husband just as people still do in the yoruba tribe where upon the death of a man, a family member can take over ownership of the wife.

on the issue of inheritance, women in Islam are to take inheritance from almost all possible relatives even though they are meant to be catered for by their fathers followed by their husbands in the event of marriage. this is as opposed to the male who can only take inheritance from some specific close relatives only.

not to make this long, I will conclude by saying the women of the disbelievers had no women right and they just of recent started clamoring for things women in Islam have been benefiting from since more than a thousand years ago.

but unfortunately, instead of them to recognize the Muslim women as their predecessors who had the rights they were looking for, they wanted more ( feminism ) and they started depicting Muslim women as the uncivilized oppressed woman.
Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 10:54pm On Aug 11, 2021
ItsReal:

Lemme start from the bottom, all religions see people who disbelieve in their teaching as an opponent, I repeat ,All religions. So singling out Islam on this regard is unjustly.

To the Christian, a Muslim is an infidel. In fact , the word infidel was first used by Crusaders who ravaged wars against Muslims and Jews. To the Jewish man, if you are not a jew, you are not among the chosen ones, you are disbeliever. And in Islam , if you heard about the messengership of prophet Muhammad and yet you disbelieve, you are a disbeliever.
However, Islam regards people who were on the teachings of prophet Musa (moses) b4 the advent of Jesus as muslims and the real Christians who worship God and not Jesus b4 the advent of prophet Muhammed as muslims.

On the issue of blasphemy, I said it before, all religions and society has a law in form of punishment against blasphemy. All these western countries recently abolished their own blasphemy laws when the people started asking for the church to be excluded from government (secularism). You can Google this easily. Similar to this is the case of apostasy. To know more, endeavor to read more.

I will complete the response soon ,MA ba3 is about to go off
you are right. i do not dispute this that other religion are also guilty. but why are muslims still blood thirsty in this day and age and live in denial about the blood thirst.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by HardMirror(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
ItsReal:
Also , you mentioned some stuff about the Muslim women. If you happen to know about Islam and you are not just a news hearer only, even you will debunk the claims that Muslim women are oppressed.

I believe the question of women being oppressed any started about less than a 100 tears ago. Yeah, go and make your research into the time when females started agitating for recognition in the society or equal represention.

If you read the encyclopaedia, you find out that the word woman is used by the English swim in a woe man, this is congruent to the belief of the Christians that Eve ,the wife of Adam lured her husband to eat the apple. They saw her and the women folks as the reason for their problems on earth.

In a verse of the Quran, Allah mentioned a case study of what happens with the Jews, Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 139:
وَقَالُوا مَا فِي بُطُونِ هَٰذِهِ الْأَنْعَامِ خَالِصَةٌ لِّذُكُورِنَا وَمُحَرَّمٌ عَلَىٰ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَإِن يَكُن مَّيْتَةً فَهُمْ فِيهِ شُرَكَاءُ سَيَجْزِيهِمْ وَصْفَهُمْ إِنَّهُ حَكِيمٌ عَلِيمٌ

And they say: What is in the wombs of these cattle is specially for our males, and forbidden to our wives, and if it be stillborn, then they are all partners in it; He will reward them for their attributing (falsehood to Allah); surely He is Wise, Knowing.

also, before the messengership of prophet Muhammed, people would kill their female child. They saw them as bad luck (or just they English called them: the unfortunate man)
Here is the verse on that; Surah Al-Anaam, Verse 140:
قَدْ خَسِرَ الَّذِينَ قَتَلُوا أَوْلَادَهُمْ سَفَهًا بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَحَرَّمُوا مَا رَزَقَهُمُ اللَّهُ افْتِرَاءً عَلَى اللَّهِ قَدْ ضَلُّوا وَمَا كَانُوا مُهْتَدِينَ

They are lost indeed who kill their children foolishly without knowledge, and forbid what Allah has given to them forging a lie against Allah; they have indeed gone astray, and they are not the followers of the right course.

Mainly, I think the question should be that what is oppression to you? is oppression to you when you see a woman covered in hijab and not half naked, or when she takes care of her home and family while the husband goes out to look for food for the family.

any of the two you choose, it will amaze you to find out just about Less than a hundred years ago, even every sane person all over the world were fully clothed with out walking almost naked in the streets. Also, all women were housewives too.

so ask yourself this question, is it that when western countries are guilty of something u term as oppression now , you turn away and put no blame on them but point fingers at Muslims for the same thing.

that's the reason why I said if you know about islam,you wouldn't mention this at all. before the prophet muhammad, women's don't get any share of the inheritance at all. in fact , they were deemed as property of the husband just as people still do in the yoruba tribe where upon the death of a man, a family member can take over ownership of the wife.

on the issue of inheritance, women in Islam are to take inheritance from almost all possible relatives even though they are meant to be catered for by their fathers followed by their husbands in the event of marriage. this is as opposed to the male who can only take inheritance from some specific close relatives only.

not to make this long, I will conclude by saying the women of the disbelievers had no women right and they just of recent started clamoring for things women in Islam have been benefiting from since more than a thousand years ago.

but unfortunately, instead of them to recognize the Muslim women as their predecessors who had the rights they were looking for, they wanted more ( feminism ) and they started depicting Muslim women as the uncivilized oppressed woman.

i do not agree with you sir. in islam, a woman's testimony is worth half that of a man. this is a fact!. it is a fact that muslim men think they have the right to put women straight even to the extent of beating them. just to mention a few sir.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Employ DISHONESTY When Addressing Human Rights Issues In Islam by 2dominate: 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2021
HardMirror:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bie0-VdBCtA

I watched the above video titled; ISLAM AND BRITISH VALUES by BBC Big Questions

Most of the issues brought forward that are concerns relating to human rights abuses perpetuated in the name of Islam and the issues of the core belief of majority muslim scholars who actually support extreme measures such as killing of apostates or people they feel dishonor the religion.
Even Seun Osewa opened a thread here to seek the opinion of Nairaland muslims concerning the Iman that asked that an blasphemer be executed once he is released from custody. most muslims on the thread said they supported the Iman and the guy must be killed. yet the moment Muslims are in the open where they can be identified, they immediately switch and start claiming muslims do not kill.

why do you guys lie so much why cant you just take a stand based on your hatred for non muslims instead of pretending?

in the video above, the muslims keep denying that there are any human rights abuses promoted by muslim clerics. they do not even want to admit that there are any issues at all.

It is really baffling?

we all know that the issues being raised are ABSOLUTELY TRUE, so why dont we first accept the truth and if you dont like it, then we see where we can address them.

this is link to seun's thread

i am surprised so many muslims came out to boldly support the Sheikh that the guy must be killed. Yet the same muslims would say Killers are not true muslims. why this dishonesty?
If you are actually belief that there is God and you are sincere in searching for him then it's up to you, make verification about claims, but one advice from me is religion just like every other institution never always remain totally the same way from its inception, there are always digressions majorly depending on large converts who are not acquainted with some basic teachings, but still there always remain a small fraction which still uphold the core values of that religion.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Laila Ilalahu Surface On The Ground In Ebute Metta, Lagos (picture Attached) / The Indecent Exposure Of The Hiding Imam : Confusion Of The Imamamh Part 2 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.