Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence (17635 Views)

PSG confirms Messi's departure / Barcelona In Debt Of €1.35 Billion After Messi’s Departure / Cristiano Ronaldo: I Left Real Madrid Because Of President Florentino Perez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by Kingosytex(m): 12:52am On Aug 12, 2021
Real Madrid president, Florentino Perez, has insisted he didn’t influence Barcelona’s decision to allow Lionel Messi leave the club.

Messi had agreed a 50 per cent reduction in salary with the Catalans, only for a dramatic U-turn to happen last Thursday.
This has led to the 34-year-old signing for Paris Saint-Germain as a free agent.

Barcelona president, Joan Laporta, blamed the club’s decision on LaLiga’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) controls.

However, Jaume Llopis, a former board member of the Espai Barca project accused Laporta of bending to Perez’s will, after resigning from his position.

“Messi’s departure is a move that helps Florentino. Imagine that (Kylian) Mbappe now signs for Real Madrid.

"Laporta was convinced by new CEO Ferran Reverter that he cannot sign the CVC deal as well as keep the Super League pact with Perez,” Llopis told La Vanguardia newspaper.

But Perez in a statement today, insisted that he has only met Reverter twice and that “he statement and decision regarding Messi had already been taken and released by this time.

“Thus, it’s impossible that I’ve had any influence on Messi’s exit, or indeed any other decision that Barcelona have taken.

“I would hope that Llopis rectifies his false statements as soon as possible,” Perez said.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/08/11/real-madrid-president-speaks-on-influencing-messis-departure-from-barcelona/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by OJEEMAH(m): 4:37am On Aug 12, 2021
Perez is a chess player. He obviously had a plan. He just completed PHASE 1 (Messi-PSG)........Perez knows PSG is one of the few teams that can afford to sign Messi at the moment and once that is done, it will ease PHASE 2 ( Mbappe - Madrid).

Laporta should have known Perez to be a crafty man........He deliberately weakened Barcelona and he's just about to strengthen Madrid but he will be shocked just like the case of Pogba.

29 Likes

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by nairalee(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2021
Factors that led to Messi's exit

1) FFP
2) Laliga's wage cap
3) His astronomical wage
4) Previous Barcelona Board's mismanagement
5) Refusal to sign CCV deal due to potential Super League
6) Perez (he's playing a chess game with Laporte but making Laporte think it's Checkers)

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by onoms4luv(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2021
No need justifying yourself, even if the information was false.

Messi have moved on.

1 Like

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by fofuhu: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2021
Who thought it was you?

The person no well?

1 Like

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by ofiko123(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2021
How can it be florentino Perez influence in the first place..

3 Likes

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by BrickDevo: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2021
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by Sleekmilan01(m): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2021
Nonsense and rubbish
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by espn(m): 7:24am On Aug 12, 2021
Bad guy...Evil generous...
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by Antoeni(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2021
Ok
Just be calming down
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by manunitedbabes: 7:25am On Aug 12, 2021
grin
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by 9jayes: 7:25am On Aug 12, 2021
Since Ronaldo left dis man has been doing everything to see Messi leaves too
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by BigBelleControl(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2021
Perez is a crafty human being and I won't be surprised if he had a plan in Messi leaving. He speareheaded the ESL because he wanted more money to himself. And the is an issue of TV right money with an American company that is tearing him and the La Liga president apart.
Mbappe surely has his eyes on Madrid and this is the best time for him to leave.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by RPG2020(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2021
Who cares@@#@@
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by AfroBeatDiary: 7:26am On Aug 12, 2021
Lol
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by 007lss: 7:26am On Aug 12, 2021
Freestainworld:
what part of the United States are staying, is it Akwaibom state? grin
lol
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by blackdot1: 7:26am On Aug 12, 2021
In other thread it was written that Messi images has been removed from Nou Camp
Now my question is... is Ronaldo images still hanging in Madrid stadium ?
If the answer is yes, then .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by Polynek(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2021
Make una remember say in every rumour, there must be ATOM of truth, if u know you know
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by Cruku: 7:27am On Aug 12, 2021
grin
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by GeneralPula: 7:27am On Aug 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Florentino Perez: Messi’s Departure From Barcelona Was Not By My Influence by CalabarPikin: 7:28am On Aug 12, 2021
In 2001, Ronaldinho moved to PSG and won the world cup in 2002

In 2017, Mbappe joined PSG and won the world cup in 2018

In 2021, Messi have moved to PSG and the world cup is coming up in 2022

Can this trend continue....

God save the king

14 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Cup 2018: Donald Trump Congratulates France, Russia (Photo) / Guinea Disqualified From FIFA U-17 World Cup Over Age Cheating / Angry Former FC Taraba And Taraba Queen's FC Players Disrupt Match In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.