Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,567 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

Post-childbirth Outing - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Post-childbirth Outing (786 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post-childbirth Outing by Mateng: 5:14am On May 18, 2011
Hi all,

There seems to be some observance of three (3) months in waiting by women right from
childbirth before they start to move out.

What could be a succinct significance of this time frame?
Is it 'hard-cast'? Does it amount to any consequence (of course, excluding medically) if a woman
resumes normal pre-pregnancy lifestyle soon after childbirth (i.e. in less than three months)?

Does it present any risk to the child if being taken out less than three months after birth?

These posers beg for candid consideration.

Thanks.
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by Blazay(m): 8:52am On May 18, 2011
There seems to be some observance of three (3) months in waiting by women right from
childbirth before they start to move out

I only have one question.

In what planet is this observance practiced? undecided

Move out to where? undecided

if a woman
resumes normal pre-pregnancy lifestyles soon after childbirth (i.e. in less than three months)?

Please, stop beating about the bush. . . If you mean having sex soon after child birth. . .I have 2 children only 10 months apart who celebrate their birthdays in the same year. We are all still very much alive and well.

Next question please.
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by Shinatu: 8:52am On May 18, 2011
You can go anywhere you want with your child at anytime after childbirth as long as you are both medically fit.
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by Outstrip(f): 12:19am On May 19, 2011
Na wa oh. Why don't you super glue her as.s to the couch
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by Akinagirl(f): 1:58am On May 19, 2011
I dont get what you mean poster, move out where? If you mean sex as in pre-pregnancy lifestyle, you only have to wait 6 weeks to have sex again.
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by blank(f): 3:33pm On May 19, 2011
I understand what u mean. I know that in Igbo culture, u do a ceremony translated to be "bringing a child out". This is usually after 3 months when they say the child is going out for the first time. It is usually to Church and is called "Churching". I guess its cos Igbos don't do naming ceremonies.

That being said, u can still take the child out b4 dat time but be careful. Make sure the environment is conducive ie don't take him 2 d market lol. It has become somehow outdated. Its just 4 ceremony sake.
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 19, 2011
^^^I thought that was what she meant but decided to wait for her to clarify better. I think she means the normal Igbo culture/ tradition thingy where the woman stays back at home for 3 months after which she is allowed to take the child to church or outings.
Re: Post-childbirth Outing by English1(f): 8:23pm On May 22, 2011
sounds like it's a cultural tradition.

Most of the world has mum and baby out and about as soon as mum feels up to it, within a few days. You wouldn't jump straight back into everything, the woman needs a few weeks to recover her strength, but I've never heard before of them having to stay at home for 3 months.

(1) (Reply)

Names You Will Never Dream Of Calling Your Kids / General Overseeers Wife On The Run For Running Baby Factory / 5 Nigerian Family Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.