Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Actionable Child Anger Management Therapy That Works Like Crazy. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Actionable Child Anger Management Therapy That Works Like Crazy. (216 Views)

How To Command Respect Without Being A Jerk: 11 Actionable Ways / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? / What Is The Best Way To Deal With Anger Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Actionable Child Anger Management Therapy That Works Like Crazy. by ICTNetworldNg(m): 1:16pm On Aug 12, 2021
In this post, I will write extensively about Child anger management therapy.

Have you noticed (recently or over time) that your child’s temper hasn’t been really nice? Wouldn’t you be glad to finally see your child grow into a happy young adult and also full of life?

Of course, as a counsellor, I know how excruciating the pain is when you see your child become angered at little provocations.

It is not uncommon for children to become really angry for “flimsy” reasons. It is completely normal for kids to be angry as they move through the different stages of development such as when they are learning to walk when they are learning to talk, and even when they are past these stages and are learning to read or write.

These various stages can be really frustrating for them, and these frustrations can lead to anger. This is because they know what exactly they want, but the body isn’t just fully developed yet to support them.

In my opinion as a counsellor, I should think this anger should give you a reason to worry when they cannot be pacified with anything or reassured that given time, they will definitely overcome their obstacles and difficulties. At this stage as a parent, Obviously, that is a real sign that something needs to be done and done really fast.

I have had to counsel several parents on the best Child anger management therapy for a while now, and from these experiences, I have realized that frustration (as mentioned above) usually precedes anger in every child. Additionally, most angry children will never learn to control their anger all through their lives if parents do not take action of teaching them how to control their anger now.

You need to know that Anger is a secondary Emotion, and you have got to take your time to school your children on how best to take control of their emotion, else, they will live to think it is normal to be angry at little frustrations.

In this post, therefore, I am going to make a list of 10 Actionable and Proven Child anger management therapy that is sure to work if only you will be committed to doing them. Part of what you will be learning in the proceeding paragraph will be how to teach your child to control anger.

1. Emotional Education.
Educating your child on how best to handle frustrations, obstacles, disappointments can go a very long way to helping them stop becoming angry every time. The emotional education you give to your child can give them words or descriptions of how best to circumvent these primary emotional issues mentioned above, and that can help.

This is what you want to do as your kids are growing up, give them words to describe the exact emotions they are feeling.

2. Understand What Triggers Their Anger.
Much of the job will be done when you have a full understanding of the primary triggers of their anger. In the above paragraph, I mentioned some of the primary triggers/emotions which might include but are never limited to Frustration about things they find difficult to do, the disappointments they nurse about their body’s inability to help them achieve what they want e.t.c.

You must be able to pinpoint:

What time of the day do you notice a change in the mood?

every child have a particular time or day they are happiest. Truth is, most parents have never tried to figure out what times of the day or day of the week when their kids are most happy. Additionally, most parents have not been able to figure out why their kids are never happy at a particular time or day of the week.

What activity have you noticed frustrates them the most?

There are activities that will usually frustrate your child and you have got to notice them. It is really needless to continue to make your child do some activities when ordinarrilly the activities frustrates them.

What food have you noticed pisses them off?

Growing up, I had some foods I hated without reasons. When I counsel parents about Child anger management therapy, I try also to point out the place of food selection in children. They can be really selective when it comes to food, and they will definitely get angry when the wrong food is served them.
3. Show Them Empathy.
Sad moments always come. They come both to the adults and children alike. In every of my Child anger management therapy class online, I’d always mention empathy.

This is not a moment to greet your child’s anger with force or lack of empathy. When you try to forcefully stop your child from getting angry, it only worsens it, and will never get you the result your desire.

These emotions do not last, you have got to pamper them, beg the (If you have to), appease them, and never use force on them.

You should be ready to weather the storm with your child, you need to stay calm.

4. Set Bounderies For Safety.
As I mentioned above, you have got to take action when you have done everything to appease your kid and none has been effective.

There are times when your child’s anger can put them in harm’s way or the people around them. When it comes to this, you need to set the boundaries for safety, and sometimes, that can mean restraint. But in all, you need to be careful also to never sound or look abusive.

You can Book A Free Online Conselling with us and be sure to get some guidance. Simply Contact Us.

5. Establish Communication With Your Child.
In this 5th step of the actionable Child anger management therapy, you are simply trying to invite them from the anger and the rage they are currently nursing into an appropriate state of communication.

Sometimes you might need to wait a little bit for the Anger they are feeling to subside a little so you can get them to listen to you when you do communicate with them.

There are different ways by which establishing communication with them can work, but I have always suggested saying (in a calm way) something like “When you are able to talk to me in the same tone I am talking with you, we should be able to solve whatever the reason for your anger” ………With this approach, you are only initiating them back into the communication mode with you. This is going to be helpful not just to the kid, but also to you as it might help to make you finally at peace with your loving child.

Repeat the Steps above if you cannot get them into a communication mode with you.

If the steps above works, then you are set to move unto Tip Number 6.

6. Provide Your Child With Appropriate Alternatives.
There are two types of alternatives that have been suggested for angry children. I have personally chosen to classify them as:

The Negative Alternatives.
The Positive/Appropriate alternatives.
Usually, you might have been told to make your child punch a pillow when he/she is angry, I personally classify this as a negative alternative as its effect on the child is negative. This alternative may make the child feel the only way to calm down when angry is through force or punching anything around when there is no pillow.

Positive/Appropriate alternatives are ones that tend to explore other positive avenues to calm an angry child down. This approach may include something like: “When you are feeling really upset about anything, it is good to breathe“.

You can usually get your child to practice breathing even when they are not upset with anything because you want to get them to use that as a way to calm down when they are upset.

7. Make Your Child Sleep Well.
In an article from Hopkins all children organization, it was said that kids who regularly get an adequate amount of sleep have improved attention, behavior, learning, memory, and overall mental and physical health. Not getting enough sleep in a child can even lead to anger and obesity in children.

Additionally, When children don’t get enough sleep, they become irritable and moody, have more trouble tolerating stress, are more easily frustrated.

8. Intervene Early Enough.
As I mentioned above, if you do not arrest the cause of your child’s anger early, they may grow up to think getting angry at little provocations is normal.

So as a parent or guardian, as you begin to notice the triggers in your ward, you can begin to intervene before it comes to a full-blown head. Be a calming presence. If your child responds well to physical contact, rub their back or arm. Encourage them to take a deep breath and count to 10 (This is also a part of the positive alternatives I mentioned above). Do this along with them to help demonstrate this calming technique.

9. Begin To Spend Time With Your Child.
It doesn’t matter how busy your schedules maybe, you have got to make out time for your child. This time spent together should be positive, loving, and nurturing. Your child needs to know he/she is valued and loved. Special time with you is incredibly valuable.​

10. Get Help From A Professional.
There is no way you can ever beat a professional to the game even though you have all the experiences in the world about Child anger management therapy.

Don’t be hesitant to reach out to these professionals in your community such as counsellors.

Few Questions I Sometimes Get About Child anger management therapy.
Does my child need therapy for anger?
Not all angry children Need therapy for anger, but If you discover that your child has difficulty expressing anger appropriately or otherwise struggles to control his/her emotion, they may need help from a professional such as a mental health expert or a counsellor.

Are anger issues genetic?
Yes. Anger can run in families, and genetics can indeed play a bigger role—However, there are other significant factors that can lead to kids adopting angry tendencies such as primary emotions such as Disappointments, frustrations, and even developmental obstacles.

What are the symptoms of a child with possible anger management difficulties?
Problems with expressing their emotions in a calm way.
Outward aggression which usually include Shouting and swearing.
Isolation.
Refusing To eat.
Can anger issues be cured?
While you won’t be able to cure anger or the situations that cause you to be angry, you can learn to become more patient in the face of these causes of anger which you cannot control. With patience, you can manage the intensity and effect anger has upon you.

In Summary
You can be of great help to your child by simply learning and practicing these 10 Actionable Child anger management therapy which includes: Giving them a sound emotional education, understanding what primary emotions trigger their anger which is but a secondary emotion, showing them real empathy, learning to set boundaries should they want to harm themselves or other with their anger, learning to establish sincere communication with them, providing them with positive alternatives, ensuring they get a good sleep daily, intervening early and never waiting until things spiral out of control, spending quality time with them, and lastly, seeking the help of a professional.

I hope I have been able to help you today!

Let me know what you feel in the comment section below.

Post Sources:

Counsellorshive
Child Anger Management Therapy

(1) (Reply)

How To Have A Safe Trip With Your Family!!! / Italian Shoots Dead Nigerian Wife For Filing Divorce After Three-year Marriage | / Ten Wise Principles To Relate With People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.